The Big Moment..... Is it over 5K?......

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Good CO, Nov 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Superb - I am really really pleased - thank you to everyone involved: £5125

Armchair_jihad gets special mention for the largest bid of the auction £1k and also MDN for being probably the most prolific bidder and helping throughout.

I would be grateful if all winning or possible winning bidders would look through the listing below and make sure that it's correct and let me know ASAP if not.

Please see the separate sticky here about payment.

By the way, dpending how many of the bidders are UK tax payers or not, the giftaid scheme will likely see that amount go up by around 15% - so we will have actually have raised nearer to £6000.

Once again, thanks.

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

And on a more sobering note - 20 million civilian and military casualties of WWI according to wikipedia. Worthy of considerably more than 2 minutes silence and thought.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thans to additional donations and giftaid, this will actually be well over £6k. I'll post the final figures once the dust has settled.

Thanks to all involved - payment / donation info in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

5. Well done to all that made a bid, typical that my bid was for a lot that was removed! If I had known MDN was going to donate a similar amount I'd have bid more.

is this donation link to the charity page different from the original, just trying to find out if my original donation went through and ensure the gift aid was captured?

6. Nothing stopping you donating mate.

Would be nice for the RBL to benefit from a double bid. The troll made a ficticious lot and I wanted it gone before 10am depriving it of the chance to gain the winning bidders address and attention.

The decision was made without speaking to the COs so I took the financial responsibilty for it.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The donation page is different from the original. I asked people to post details of lots / usernames / postal addresses, without realising that the comments they made would be visible.

Since a couple of people were shown 'in clear' I move that page and started a new one. I will add the two together to get the final figure.

8. Is anyone else having problems paying or is it just me being a biff?

9. MDN,

Made an initial donation before the bid, just glad it didn't turn into a bidding war with you!

10. Brooches aren't my thing mate, I wanted Noddy....... but not for a grand though :D

11. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

just a thought ... for those from abroad a paypal account would be nice ;)

12. Just you being a biff - I paid fine! :D

13. Ahh.....best try, try again then... :oops:

14. Email Good CO at admin@arrse.co.uk if you have any more problems (with the payment - I don't think he's interested in your sexual problems! :p ) and he should be able to help.

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We do have a paypal account but they take their cut and there is no giftaid. If you are not a UK tax payer however then it won't make much difference:

charity@arrse.co.uk

Thanks!