Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biden Presidency

Due to three of them dying...

I gather your taxes will be rising soon, and the actual major beneficiaries of the cuts are the super rich...
Details, we don't live forever...

I sure as hell hope not, we just made the six figure income bracket a few years ago. I would prefer to continue to enjoy my luxurious He Haw lifestyle...the upgrade from Ramen to Beefaroni is life changing.

Could you explain the significance of that? Don’t all presidents do it and why is it so important to the average US citizen?
If it wasn't significant, then why all the gnashing of teeth, mewling about the last one being confirmed to replace Ginsburg? You cannot have it both ways, claiming it's too important and then mewling it isn't....

indeed...

3000.jpg

I anticipated that might be shown. She was fair, just and her judgement was based in law, but I don’t expect you to understand or accept that.

If it wasn't significant, then why all the gnashing of teeth, mewling about the last one being confirmed to replace Ginsburg? You cannot have it both ways, claiming it's too important and then mewling it isn't....

I’m not having it anyways, I’m trying to understand something. I know that is an alien concept to ARRSE, but i’m asking a question not making a statement.

I anticipated that might be shown. She was fair, just and her judgement was based in law, but I don’t expect you to understand or accept that.
She was biased, politicised her position, said as much and given the weight rule of law has for defining the UK as a safe country to conduct business, she was reckless and it was hugely disappointing.

So we agree on one thing - I don't accept your assessment.

Anyway - given how it all turned out, lollers.

She was biased, politicised her position, said as much and given the weight rule of law has for defining the UK as a safe country to conduct business, she was reckless and it was hugely disappointing.

So we agree on one thing - I don't accept your assessment.

Anyway - given how it all turned out, lollers.

No. She was applying the law correctly. It wasn’t just her decision, it was confered with other Supreme Court judges.

No. She was applying the law correctly. It wasn’t just her decision, it was confered with other Supreme Court judges.
Ok - I read her actions post verdict somewhat differently, getting one in for the 'girly swots' and being proud of 'taking down the hulk'.

Odd positioning for someone who you'd think would intimately understand the nuance and meaning, perceived or otherwise, of distinct wording given the nature of her position.

Bent as Bercow.

Was this the one where George Armstrong Custer and five companies of the seventh cavalry got the bad news at the Little Big Horn?
Yep!

For the avoidance of any misunderstanding by others, I'm sure you agree that a declaration of war isn't essential for the Conventions etc to apply?
Yes

Ok - I read her actions post verdict somewhat differently, getting one in for the 'girly swots' and being proud of 'taking down the hulk'.

Odd positioning for someone who you'd think would intimately understand the nuance and meaning, perceived or otherwise, of distinct wording given the nature of her position.

Bent as Bercow.

Even Boris knew what he was doing wouldn‘t hold up, but he also knew that buy the time it was sorted he’d achieved what he wanted anyway.

If we don't have a judiciary that curbs the excesses of the executive then eventually it’s us mere plebs that suffer.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Biden signed an executive order today reintroducing transgenders can serve in the US Military. Trump had previously rescinded the order signed by Obuma, But what is not clear is does the person have to have had the operation or just say they are different than what it says on their Birth Certificate? Because in the USA when you die your name and sex are recorded as it was at birth unless you had surgery and it was documented you had a sex change.

Not at all. Facts change so temporary conclusions change. As to what the true story is about the Biden "presidency", only time will tell. In my opinion he's an illegitimate fake president.
FB_IMG_1611681786480.jpg

Well I should think his crack pipe has never been cold from reading his posts.

You’ve just painted your SC as making their judgements based on their own political bias rather than rule of law.

That should be worrying, not comforting.

Dinger -

The Supreme Court bases its decisions on what the US Constitution says, not on what politicians would like it to say. If the politicians don't like it they can amend the Constitution. The Constitution controls the amendment process and the Constitution was drafted to deliberately ensure that the process could not be rushed through. Since 1789 when the Constitution was ratified there have been twenty seven amendments.

He did manage to juice the economy and it was doing rather well before COVID.
He did get NATO to pay up more towards collective defense.
He did address the trade issue with China which Joe seems unlikely to significantly alter.
He did manage to increase border security and realize that illegal immigration is a significant problem to the country.
He did get three SC justices on the bench during his term.
He did reduce military commitments around the world and not expand them.
He did get tax reform through Congress which is a boon to the peasants like myself.
He did manage quite a few diplomatic feats in the ME, which was quite the accomplishment.
He pulled out of the JCPOA and the Paris Agreement which were rather useless and handicapped the US.
'

Steamboat:

Excellent points!

As to the economy, the unemployment rate under Trump was the lowest for the population at large in the past 58 years. The unemployment rate for Black Americans was the lowest in recorded history.

As to diplomacy; Trump's State Department was able to successfully urge four (4) Islamic majority states to normalize diplomatic relations with Israel. I would point out that when Jimmy Carter was able to negotiate normalization of diplomatic relations with one (1) state, Carter was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Some European officials nominated Trump recently for the Nobel Prize and were widely mocked by the news media.

Trump was and is an egotistical man and a bit of a buffoon. Four years ago I did not vote for him (or Hilary). The mass media at that time lionized Hilary and virtually declared her apotheosis. When Saint Hillary of Chappaqua did not get elected the media devoted the next 4 years to excoriating Trump for anything he did or failed to do. The primary reason was that he was not Hillary.

The trend continues; this week the media were praising Biden when he announced that his covid plan had a goal of vaccinating one million people a day. There was no coverage of the fact that during Trump's final week in office they were vaccinating an average 980,000 people a day. When this was brought to President Biden's attention he said his actual goal was $1.5 million a day.

Yes, his personality left something to be desired and he clearly rubbed people the wrong way. I can understand that. But the economy took off under him and it benefited everybody.

Biden has been thrown nothing but softballs, by the media. However he won’t be judged by them, but by the masses. He has already started out by killing thousands of jobs and opening the flood gates to Central America. Tomorrow he will extend the public fracking ban for a full year to appease the ideological base that is pushing him. But when gas climbs to over 3-4 dollars a gallon and heating bills and everything else goes up he will still be praised by the media and his fan base and hated by everybody else. But the Democrats will be the bane of the working class over the next four years and Old Joe will cement his legacy.

Dinger -

The Supreme Court bases its decisions on what the US Constitution says, not on what politicians would like it to say. If the politicians don't like it they can amend the Constitution. The Constitution controls the amendment process and the Constitution was drafted to deliberately ensure that the process could not be rushed through. Since 1789 when the Constitution was ratified there have been twenty seven amendments.
Activist legal types believe the constitution is a flexible as you want it to be and use the principle of common law, to interperate/misinterperate what the founding fathers actually meant.

We saw that in the US where most fraud cases were dismissed out of hand in a day. During the brexit debacle in our own SC, you saw the same principle been followed. The activist judges start out with an outcome they're wish to get too and look for any avenue, to achieve that goal.

On bias; A deeply religious person will have a faith that influences a decision and a deeply woke person have a faith that influences decisions. You can tell which of the two is more honest, because the person of religion promises to abide by the text of the constiution as inviolate and the other side are biased enough to overturn meaning.

Latest Threads