Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biden Presidency

I believe there was another one- I saw something about Farage losing 50k followers right after a QAnon / Bot purge a few days ago.
@par avion - Why did you consider this "Dumb" - interested to hear if I was mistaken?

Simple they can only impeach the president. Trump is no longer president but a private citizen, they no longer have jurisdiction over him
I thought the impeachment was only the first bit (that they have done) - followed by the legislative trial.

Therefore impeachment is complete; the trial now follows which can be brought after the President has left office, which is why there was such a rush to get the initial bit done/completed before the 20th.

I thought the impeachment was only the first bit (that they have done) - followed by the legislative trial.

Therefore impeachment is complete; the trial now follows which can be brought after the President has left office, which is why there was such a rush to get the initial bit done/completed before the 20th.
Sorry thats what I did mean, he is impeached the 2nd time but they honestly have no jurisdiction under the Constitution try him.

Since he left office already how can they convict and remove him from office? a Bit late

Now the Dems like Pelosi and Schmuck Schumer will use the excuse they want to keep trump from ever running again... well the publics already taken care of that. trumps name brand is now dirt, there is no way he ever is a candidate where he will not be hounded by his historic 2 impeachments and record.

His lawyers (drunk and insane like Ghouliani may be) will tear the dems a new asshole over jurisdiction, it cannot be ignored.

This is a waste of time and just political kabuki theater when there are far more pressing issues for the congress

Sorry thats what I did mean, he is impeached the 2nd time but they honestly have no jurisdiction under the Constitution try him.

Since he left office already how can they convict and remove him from office? a Bit late

Now the Dems like Pelosi and Schmuck Schumer will use the excuse they want to keep trump from ever running again... well the publics already taken care of that. trumps name brand is now dirt, there is no way he ever is a candidate where he will not be hounded by his historic 2 impeachments and record.

His lawyers (drunk and insane like Ghouliani may be) will tear the dems a new asshole over jurisdiction, it cannot be ignored.

This is a waste of time and just political kabuki theater when there are far more pressing issues for the congress
The penalty for impeachment is more than removal from office - it’s also prevents holding public office in the future.

Trumps name is dirt, but not to everyone. He is still popular among his base.

Simple they can only impeach the president. Trump is no longer president but a private citizen, they no longer have jurisdiction over him

Then why has it happened? They obviously think it‘s constitutional.

It’s happened so they can throw mud at him for as long as possible.

It’s all a farce, everyone with half a brain cell knows he’ll never be found guilty.

Again.

Someone mentioned earlier they only need a few more Republican votes.

Someone mentioned earlier they only need a few more Republican votes.
The Constitution is very clear on who can be impeached. trump was still president when impeached

when tried he is now a private citizen therefore no jurisdiction via constitution or USC

the constitution makes no mention of a power to impeach a private citizen

The Constitution is very clear on who can be impeached. trump was still president when impeached

when tried he is now a private citizen therefore no jurisdiction via constitution or USC

If he runs again and wins does he get a clean sheet?

Aha! That's where you're wrong dummy! As Ipso Facto has been telling us since Wednesday through the medium of 5 youtube videos per hour, Trump is still the president, wearing Biden's face as a mask like Buffalo Bill.

I fully understand what you are saying, but those in power appear to think differently.

Why are they wrong and you are right?

Trump was Impeached whilst in office. His trial within the senate follows on from that process and if i’m reading your constitution correctly, it not only allows removal of someone in office, it can preclude them from taking office.

it appears the impeachment was constitutional, but the senate will have to decide if a trial is.

It’s certainly interesting if not amusing.

They also need a little thing called evidence.
In order to convict 17 GOP senators would have to vote for it ,on top of every Democratic Senator which won’t happen. Joe Manchin is a Democrat from West Virginia and is a representative of what the party used to be. At this rate I don’t see him voting in lockstep with his party.

In order to convict 17 GOP senators would have to vote for it ,on top of every Democratic Senator which won’t happen. Joe Manchin is a Democrat from West Virginia and is a representative of what the party used to be. At this rate I don’t see him voting in lockstep with his party.
If they do vote for it, how will it effect their career as GOP senators bearing in mind there are a lot of unhappy Trump supporters still around? Do they have to come up for reselection by their local parties or can they only be thrown out in a mid term election?

Is the constitution able to be changed to give USC jurisdiction or will this be bounced to the Supreme Court to decide who has jurisdiction?

Let's wait and see, shall we?
We waited, we saw
@ipso_facto is wrong again

Though shall I guess that these archive PDFs are not the blank pieces of paper that he signed on camera with invisible ink ?

Latest Threads