Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biden Presidency

Biden's press secretary has already started lying, claiming the vaccine was only being given to 500,000 a day under Trump and they were going to get it up to a million, however the peak was 1.3 million shots on 11th Jan. ( Trump was still POTUS until 20 the Jan ) .

It is quite the change from the tune about how lockdowns will have an immediate impact and reduce case loads and deaths. Now it just seems to prove that the lockdowns some states preached about won’t do much after all, besides kill their economies and continue keep the unemployment rate elevated. But what happens if the new variant kills more people under Biden’s watch than Trumps?

Trumps gone, are you too Proud a Boy to accept he played you?

It is quite the change from the tune about how lockdowns will have an immediate impact and reduce case loads and deaths. Now it just seems to prove that the lockdowns some states preached about won’t do much after all, besides kill their economies and continue keep the unemployment rate elevated. But what happens if the new variant kills more people under Biden’s watch than Trumps?
Nobody has claimed that a lockdown can have an immediate impact.
People have already been out and mixing, there will be cases coming up due to people having been in contact with the virus. The incubation period can be up to two weeks. The effect of a lockdown will occur once it has had time to reduce the spread.
Should someone die due to Covid that would be longer - it has to take effect and then take its toll on their body

Lockdowns begin to take effect immediately by reducing the ability of the virus to pass on, but that isn’t noticeable until further down the line, cases can still increase because of the spread prior to lockdown

ABNredleg

War Hero
I admire your faith in the man, but he is a career politician. No way in hell will he or his administration take the blame for anything they can blame Trump's administration for.
Biden will blame Trump, Trump blamed Obama, Obama blamed Bush Jr, Bush blamed Clinton, Clinton blamed Bush Snr.....

It also raises the question on if there is nothing the Biden Administration can do that will have an impact in the next few months, why the sudden changes to the lock down rules/mask mandates?
Should they not be seeing results of lockdown/mask mandates within 2 weeks of them being implemented?

Being a cynical bast4rd that I am, this looks like he is setting the scene for some smoke and mirror statistics.
The deaths and hospitalizations we will see in the next month or so are set in stone due to the number of existing cases. The new mandate and other precautions will have an impact further down the road. We've still got a ways to go, and if resistance to the vaccine continues at a high rate, we may not see herd immunity until the Fall. Michigan announced a few weeks ago that if vaccine deliveries continue at the existing rate, the average citizen won't be vaccinated until August, and the vaccine doesn't provide full protection until 14 days after the second shot. And who knows what the new mutations will bring.

As to Biden being a politician, you'll get no disagreement from me. In politics it will always be someone else fault to some degree.

Biden's press secretary has already started lying, claiming the vaccine was only being given to 500,000 a day under Trump and they were going to get it up to a million, however the peak was 1.3 million shots on 11th Jan. ( Trump was still POTUS until 20 the Jan ) .

Unpossible! Polosi told us all Trump had no real plan for creating the vaccine or distribution. All those vaccine R&D projects, fast track testing and government sign offs, deliveries of the vaccines to states and the millions of Americans who have been vaccinated under Trump, did not happen. You are confused. Only Biden can deliver the vaccine for the American people. Only Biden has a plan.

Flat out wrong.

She said an average of 500,000 a day.

MS. PSAKI: Well, none of us are mathematicians, myself included, so I asked our team to do a little math on this. So, the Trump administration was given 36 million doses when they were in office for 38 days. They administered a total of about 17 million shots. That’s about less than 500,000 shots a day. What we’re proposing is to double that to about 1 million shots per day. And we have outlined this goal and objective in coordination and consultation with our health and medical experts.

So it is ambitious. It’s something that we feel is bold and was called that certainly at the time, and we’re working overtime to help to achieve it — try to achieve it.

The deaths and hospitalizations we will see in the next month or so are set in stone due to the number of existing cases. The new mandate and other precautions will have an impact further down the road. We've still got a ways to go, and if resistance to the vaccine continues at a high rate, we may not see herd immunity until the Fall. Michigan announced a few weeks ago that if vaccine deliveries continue at the existing rate, the average citizen won't be vaccinated until August, and the vaccine doesn't provide full protection until 14 days after the second shot. And who knows what the new mutations will bring.

As to Biden being a politician, you'll get no disagreement from me. In politics it will always be someone else fault to some degree.

Here in Europe we saw positive effects 2-3 weeks after lock down restrictions and mask wearing. It slowed the spread.

The Biden administration is mandating lock downs and mask wearing. You would expect to see an impact 2-3 weeks later not 2+ months down the line. What makes Biden's America different?

I would argue that the mortality rate is not set in stone as medical treatment is constantly breaking new ground on treating the virus.

The "likes" and "dislikes" are a binary choice, no option to be offensive. Offensive posts are in the comments section.

The excuse I have seen for removing the dislikes is because YouTube did not think the dislikes where genuine.
Youtube stated that?

Flat out wrong.

She said an average of 500,000 a day.

She is comparing an average over X amount of days, (of a programme that is ramping up the number of vaccines it was able to give) with a daily amount of a programme that is already established?
You don't have to be math genius to see this is political smoke and mirrors comparing apples and oranges.

Biden wants to vaccinate 1 million Americans a day. Cool.
How many Americans did Trumps administration vaccinate in the last 7 days he was in office for?

If you are going to compare stats, compare like for like.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Here in Europe we saw positive effects 2-3 weeks after lock down restrictions and mask wearing. It slowed the spread.

The Biden administration is mandating lock downs and mask wearing. You would expect to see an impact 2-3 weeks later not 2+ months down the line. What makes Biden's America different?

I would argue that the mortality rate is not set in stone as medical treatment is constantly breaking new ground on treating the virus.
His mandate only applies to Federal property and transportation - he can’t order the States to implement mandates. That means while they will have an impact, they won’t be as effective as those implemented in Europe because many states are refusing to implement mask mandates. Federalism - that’s what makes America different. That’s why he’s emphasizing vaccinations, because the Federal government can have an impact in that area.

She is comparing an average over X amount of days, (of a programme that is ramping up the number of vaccines it was able to give) with a daily amount of a programme that is already established?
You don't have to be math genius to see this is political smoke and mirrors comparing apples and oranges.

Biden wants to vaccinate 1 million Americans a day. Cool.
How many Americans did Trumps administration vaccinate in the last 7 days he was in office for?

If you are going to compare stats, compare like for like.

Was he wrong, or right?

Hint, he was wrong. She wasn't lying. She's certainly no Sean Spicer pulling the "we've always been at war with Eastasia' shit over Donald's crowd size and insisting it didn't rain when it did, on his first fcking day. That was a sign of what was to come with the Trump circus.

His mandate only applies to Federal property and transportation - he can’t order the States to implement mandates. That means while they will have an impact, they won’t be as effective as those implemented in Europe because many states are refusing to implement mask mandates. Federalism - that’s what makes America different. That’s why he’s emphasizing vaccinations, because the Federal government can have an impact in that area.

So he has exactly the same problem Trumps administration had with not being able to order states to do his bidding? Interesting.

We have transportation in Europe too - hot spot for us too. Wearing masks on public transport reduced infection rates. 2-3 weeks after the mandate came in. What makes you think America will not see similar results in similar time frames?

As for the mandate for Federal property, was Biden not filmed walking about federal property without a mask on shortly after mandating that was verboten?

ABNredleg

War Hero
So he has exactly the same problem Trumps administration had with not being able to order states to do his bidding? Interesting.

We have transportation in Europe too - hot spot for us too. Wearing masks on public transport reduced infection rates. 2-3 weeks after the mandate came in. What makes you think America will not see similar results in similar time frames?

As for the mandate for Federal property, was Biden not filmed walking about federal property without a mask on shortly after mandating that was verboten?
The difference is that Biden is taking the pandemic seriously instead of trying to minimize it. Trump may not have been able to order states to take certain steps but he could have exercised leadership and encouraged them to do so. Instead, he did everything possible to minimize the seriousness of the virus in order to further his election chances.

Was he wrong, or right?

Hint, he was wrong. She wasn't lying. She's certainly no Sean Spicer pulling the "we've always been at war with Eastasia' shit over Donald's crowd size and insisting it didn't rain when it did, on his first fcking day. That was a sign of what was to come with the Trump circus.

Well excuse me young man! Did I say she was lying? I said she was comparing apples and oranges and explained why.
I know I am right about it being political smoke and mirrors, you know I am right it is political smoke and mirrors. Now are you going to publish the vaccination stats for the last week of Trumps Administration or not?

Just because Biden is in power does not mean his administration does not get scrutinized and held accountable.

The Biden admin has made so many times promises, but has failed to realize a few things. It firstly has to rely on States like CA and NY not continuing to feck things up, in order to be successful. But those states haven’t exactly been the success stories in the US. Governing is hard, and these are just the first admissions that maybe it won’t be as easy as campaigning.

The difference is that when you over promise and under deliver on to many things, it makes the whole brand look toxic to Joe. Just wait until energy prices go up and the sticker shock hits home.

Well excuse me young man! Did I say she was lying? I said she was comparing apples and oranges and explained why.
I know I am right about it being political smoke and mirrors, you know I am right it is political smoke and mirrors. Now are you going to publish the vaccination stats for the last week of Trumps Administration or not?

Just because Biden is in power does not mean his administration does not get scrutinized and held accountable.

Did I say you said she was lying?

No.

Bacongrills did. (say she was lying, and misrepresented what was actually said in the context of 500k/day)

He was wrong.

He should have spent 30 seconds fact checking what he saw on facebook.

That's it fella.

The difference is that Biden is taking the pandemic seriously instead of trying to minimize it. Trump may not have been able to order states to take certain steps but he could have exercised leadership and encouraged them to do so. Instead, he did everything possible to minimize the seriousness of the virus in order to further his election chances.

Remind me when Trumps Administration implemented the China travel restrictions in 2020?
Can you also remind me why those travel restrictions where implemented?
What about all the other travel restrictions?

Not really the actions of a man who did not take Covid-19 seriously.

Did Trump down play Covid-19 or did he not want to spread panic? Who really knows, but given the amount of heavily armed religious nutters in the US who long for the End of Days it could have ended a lot worse.

Now back to Transport. Why do you not think America will not see similar results to Europe in 2-3 weeks of the mandate?

What are your views on Biden breaking his own mask rules only a short time after making them?

Latest Threads