The Biden Presidency

The EO's he's smashing out are probably the easier ones to do, rather than arrange the logistics of a nationwide vaccination programme which I am certain he will have plenty of people working on.
15 EO done on first day.

Source: Times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15 EO done on first day.

Source: Times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I would guess they were prepped by his legal team in the previous few weeks, especially if they were mainly "cancel what Trump said" type.

My judgement is out on him, rather than being a 'fan'. What in that post indicated I was a fan of his?

I can't remember the last politician I was a fan of, TBH.
Well, just that you seem to be going very easy on him out of the gate - taking the easy path with woke (and stupid) EOs when there's far bigger fish to fry.

But, OK, let's see how it goes.

I just see him as a useful idiot, the Jeremy Corbyn of US Politics - he won't be around long and blokes competing in women's sports will be the least of our worries I suspect in time to come.

ETA - I can't actually find a 'real ' news site talking about that EO - It's probably a wind up.

Last edited:
I am impressed that people are still fighting this fight. Guys, it's over, Biden won, his lot get to call the shots for the next two, four, eight years or whatever until your guy gets to win.

This morning my WhatsApp feed has been full of friends swooning over how marvellous the scene is this bright sunlit morn, how bluebirds are singing, lambs are frolicking and all is right with the world again.

You know what? Good for them, their guy won, I enjoyed winding them up over the past four years, chuckling at their multiple meltdowns, getting a rise out of them over some absurd tweet, but now it's their turn and for the most part they just seem to be happy and to my cynical mind absurdly relieved. Good for them, it's their day, I roll my eyes, mutter about their naivety but they're my friends and I am happy for them.

Let them have their day, there'll be plenty of time to stick the boot in later, they had their nice, suitably woke and diverse inauguration, well that's the privilege the winner gets.

Give it a rest for a few weeks, go out and do the gardening, turn off your FaceBook and Twitter accounts for a while if they upset you that much, get on with your life, it's so much easier that way.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I am impressed that people are still fighting this fight. Guys, it's over, Biden won, his lot get to call the shots for the next two, four, eight years or whatever until your guy gets to win.

This morning my WhatsApp feed has been full of friends swooning over how marvellous the scene is this bright sunlit morn, how bluebirds are singing, lambs are frolicking and all is right with the world again.

You know what? Good for them, their guy won, I enjoyed winding them up over the past four years, chuckling at their multiple meltdowns, getting a rise out of them over some absurd tweet, but now it's their turn and for the most part they just seem to be happy and to my cynical mind absurdly relieved. Good for them, it's their day, I roll my eyes, mutter about their naivety but they're my friends and I am happy for them.

Let them have their day, there'll be plenty of time to stick the boot in later, they had their nice, suitably woke and diverse inauguration, well that's the privilege the winner gets.

Give it a rest for a few weeks, go out and do the gardening, turn off your FaceBook and Twitter accounts for a while if they upset you that much, get on with your life, it's so much easier that way.

Quite so.

"Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel." - Racine

I would guess they were prepped by his legal team in the previous few weeks, especially if they were mainly "cancel what Trump said" type.
It's not hard to appear an enlightened statesman in five minutes after taking over from Trump.
It's in "Presidency for Dummies" Page 1.
"Reverse anything that halfwit did, especially when he was on the way out"

Well, just that you seem to be going very easy on him out of the gate - taking the easy path with woke (and stupid) EOs when there's far bigger fish to fry.
The only EO I've seen is that one that was posted - and I don't think it will mean that men will be competing in Women's sport, but was more around the wiser issues of discrimination.
Indeed. I hope he is more statesmanlike than Trump, and can rebuild some of the international relationships that seem to have been a little neglected.

I just see him as a useful idiot, the Jeremy Corbyn of US Politics - he won't be around long and blokes competing in women's sports will be the least of our worries I suspect in time to come.

I hope you're wrong. Having read a bit about Biden prior to his run for 46, he's not anyone I'd 'like', but a can't see how he could be any worse, for the USA or internationally, than his predecessor. He has a lengthy career in US politics, which suggests that a/ he knows how the 'system' works (and can be worked), and b/ as a politician he things he's both immortal and intelligent, so is looking to 'another 4 years' which will means he does nothing too drastic to affect that chance, no matter how improbable the reality of his being around and fit to undertake it.

Dredd

LE
LOL.jpg

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
Biden wants to build unity and his first action, presumably after a visit to the bog. Was to sign away all Trumps handiwork in an hour. Funny sort of unity; don't bother to take your time and negotiate with the other side. What the media miss is the action speaks louder than the warm words.
Those were mostly clearly stated election pledges that fact that he legally and indisputably won the popular and EC vote means that no debate or negotiation is necessary - it is the stated will of the American electorate.

@AsterixTG
The EO's, now I've had a (very) brief read of summaries of some of them:
Covid EO - seems fair & sensible. Appoint someone to aggressively ramp up how they're dealing with it.

Immigration one: I agree with some parts (the DACA / Dreamers) disagree with others (reducing the deportion of illegal immigrants). I agree with the termination of the 'national emergency' to divert funding for the Mexico wall / fence (I think there should be a border there, but Trumps method of funding it was IMHO...dodgy).

Re-entering the Paris Agreement - I agree with this.

Racial / LGBT equality - agreed with (from the summary, at least).

Economy / Government accountability / freeze on previous Admin's regulations to see which they might want to carry forward - not read yet

The draft dodging **** shouldnt be using his kids service as any connection to the forces.

There's a whole generation of morally-bereft 70-somethings today in the US that should be reflecting on how they acted during Vietnam.

I bet they're probably the biggest flag wavers trying expunge the guilt, but minus the obligatory 'veteran' baseball cap

I still find it odd that Trump, the war-dodging cünt, mocked McCain for getting captured, and still the patriotic mouth-breathers voted for him. It shows how thin the veneer of respect for 'veterans' is in the US.

If you have to do something potentially controversial, do it early and in one fell swoop. You either support the Paris Accords or you don't, the position can't be finessed.
Oh I accept the argument. But remember, this was a return to the old values, of the big tent, of statesmanlike behaviour and masterful inaction. Biden knows how to work with the republican party to restore unity to the country blah blah blah.

Building a bonfire in the first hour of government, may appease the left and media. But it strikes a very scratchy cord to the other side and is almost trumpian in its tone deafness.

The idea that there is no substantial left wing movement in the US is palpable nonsense, not only is there a deeply entrenched institutionalised left wing, it is also highly successful at implementing its ideas.

Their success derives from two factors: they abandoned Marxist economics decades ago and none of them stand for election, realising that real power and influence for the left resides in the university campus and to a lesser extent the media.

Ask yourself this, where do all these ideas that drive all the sad old codgers on this forum insane come from? Where does the obsession with race, with trans rights, climate change, gay marriage, BLM, open borders, safe spaces, wokeness, cancel culture, political correctness, white privilege etc originate? Cuba? North Korea? Venezuela?

Nope they come from the good ol' Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

I guarantee if there is some "left-wing" or "woke" idea that has you flinging your Daily Mail across the breakfast table and spitting bits of toast and marmalade in outrage, it wasn't thought up by Valdimir Putin or Xi Jinping (they would have people shot for coming up with such ideas) it came from some campus in the United States.

And barely did the US campus come up with the idea (and was immediately laughed at and derided by conservatives as looney left nonsense) than within five years not only was it orthodoxy and promoted by the BBC but if you disagreed with it you could face disciplinary action at work, being censored on social media or perhaps even a visit from a police constable.

All those left-wing ideas you rail against and dismiss as communistic balderdash wear big Stetson hats, cowboy boots and swagger out of the homeland of the great individualists and force themselves on the rest of the world.

God Bless America!

Good post and on my limited knowledge I'd agree. To my mind, most modern American politics is a contest between the Libertarian Right (Red) and the Libertarian Left (Blue).

In contrast, UK politics for much of the last century was a contest between the Libertarian Right (Tories) and the Authoritarian Left (Old Labour). Under New Labour, part of the party moved closer to the Libertarian Left ideas coming from the US and the amalgam is what we see today (on both sides of the Atlantic) as progressivism; the drive to "impose" the Libertarian Left ideas, rather than argue for them.

The problem Labour has is that since Blair, old and new are in conflict and without a united front, they struggle to harness progressivism, which has worked to the electoral advantage of the Tories...

Last edited:
There's a whole generation of morally-bereft 70-somethings today in the US that should be reflecting on how they acted during Vietnam.

I bet they're probably the biggest flag wavers trying expunge the guilt, but minus the obligatory 'veteran' baseball cap

I still find it odd that Trump, the war-dodging cünt, mocked McCain for getting captured, and still the patriotic mouth-breathers voted for him. It shows how thin the veneer of respect for 'veterans' is in the US.

The main differences between Trump and Biden as draft dodgers are:
A, Trump never changed his excuse for avoiding the draft,
B, Trump never sent people to war,
C, Trump didn't lie about being against the Iraq war
Fact check: Biden again dishonestly suggests he opposed the Iraq War from the beginning - CNNPolitics

What other side are you talking about? The executive orders reversed are the largely unpopular ones which were Trumps personal agenda.

Largely unpopular with Democrats perhaps.