The Biden Presidency

Given that Biden's son Beau served a year in Iraq, I'd say he's much closer to the gravity of sending troops into harm's way than most of his contemporaries.

The draft dodging **** shouldnt be using his kids service as any connection to the forces.

HCL

LE
I thought that was all of them to be honest?

Sorry, HCL, I was just looking for an explanation on why you thought the appointment of a Trans woman into a position that she is qualified for was amusing.

As you seemingly can't, or don't want to explain that, you seem to think I'm looking for an argument- nope.

However, fine - you carry on and try to make whatever kind of point you think you are making. I'm sure I'll survive somehow.

Que?

Trump reduced America's standing in the world
What standing? Has there been some sort of time warp where the American administration was widely respected in the recent past?
Invade Iraq for no valid reason, send a hit squad into Pakistan uninvited to kill Osama, destabilize countries (mainly Muslim) around the world to name but a few.
Or did you just mean that previous presidents said things in a better way than Trump?

What standing? Has there been some sort of time warp where the American administration was widely respected in the recent past?
Invade Iraq for no valid reason, send a hit squad into Pakistan uninvited to kill Osama, destabilize countries (mainly Muslim) around the world to name but a few.
Or did you just mean that previous presidents said things in a better way than Trump?

(Cough) South American arms trade, Contra's, (Cough)

(Cough) Cuba Bay of Pigs (Cough)

(Cough) Coca Cola (Cough)

(Cough) Prohibition and war on drugs (Cough)

(Cough) South American arms trade, Contra's, (Cough)

(Cough) Cuba Bay of Pigs (Cough)

(Cough) Coca Cola (Cough)

(Cough) Prohibition and war on drugs (Cough)

Whats wrong with coca cola? Its alright mixed with JD.

Im sure there are plenty of other things to criticize the yanks for, so Im unsure why people think it was Trump that lowered their standing.

Trump reduced America's standing in the world by such a margin that Biden would have been wise to do what he did, to restore political capital, even if he didn't want to (which clearly he did).
I was talking about wasted political capital inside the US, as he claimed to want a more inclusive government ? his hasty action, was reminiscent of his emotional predecessor and shows, to what extent the man is a figurehead. Signing stuff he barely understands and the White House will be a care home.

As for your International Community, people like Theresa May and her Global moral position, or people like Biden and McConnell are all political dinosaurs, still defending an old order that has been in slow decline into a sclerotic club of nobodies passing resolutions that do more harm than good.

Whats wrong with coca cola? Its alright mixed with JD.

Im sure there are plenty of other things to criticize the yanks for, so Im unsure why people think it was Trump that lowered their standing.

Exploiting water supplies in third world/second world countries, exploiting workers. Just the normal mega corp MO.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was talking about wasted political capital inside the US, as he claimed to want a more inclusive government ? his hasty action, was reminiscent of his emotional predecessor and shows, to what extent the man is a figurehead. Signing stuff he barely understands and the White House will be a care home.

As for your International Community, people like Theresa May and her Global moral position, or people like Biden and McConnell are all political dinosaurs, still defending an old order that has been in slow decline into a sclerotic club of nobodies passing resolutions that do more harm than good.

Missouri State Capitol building on January 20, 2021 > You.

B5C5A07E-BDFB-41DD-893E-9CD42E8A3D91.jpeg

‘Down with this sort of thing! MAGA!

The king is dead, long live the king!

So is Biden a Pepsi president or a Coca-Cola president?
Which company has most links to his Administration?

Oh dear, how pitiful, in a pathetic way.

'Mark Leggiero was waiting patiently for other patriots to join him outside the New York State Capitol building, waving a brightly coloured flag and sporting his best Donald Trump long-sleeved jersey.

'They never came, and the lonely image of his one-man protest on Joe Biden’s inauguration day acts as a stark contrast to the warnings of mass unrest across the nation predicted by the FBI last week.

'Objecting to the inauguration of the new president, Mr Leggiero made a 45-minute drive to the fortified and fenced off Capitol building in Albany, New York.

'He thought thousands of other patriots would join him.

'But when nobody else showed up, he told local media it was clear he was fighting a “lost cause”.

US protests, Inauguration Day: Lonely picture shows Donald Trump fan’s heartbreak (news.com.au)

While the covid pandemic continues to destroy lives, I see he's getting his priorities right.

I'm just waiting on the name change on the 'The White House' now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Poor old Biden. I really think the people who put him through this over the past year should be charged with elder abuse.

He really doesn't know what's going on. The government didn't send him a plane to come over to DC so he had to get his own flight. No mass of Biden supporters cheering him on (and please no COVID excuse because it hasn't stopped Trump supporters). Trump went to Florida taking the nuclear football (i.e. the codes with him), so it wasn't passed on to Biden. The Pentagon refuses to cooperate with his team and give them information about ongoing operations. DC is literally a prison and is still in military lock-down. No flag flying over the Whitehouse which is unprecedented.

Why are they putting Biden through this humiliation?!

This ain't over folks. Get your popcorn.
Making shit up doesn't make it real.

I wonder if a Biden of 20-30 years ago, would have been so quick to sign away political capital, in pursuit of making statements to a fictional community... It would have been far better to wait a few weeks and negotiate compromises with the other side, to show willing, in pursuit of this unity bollox and do the politics the way everyone who hated trump said was absent and he was supposedly a master of.

What other side are you talking about? The executive orders reversed are the largely unpopular ones which were Trumps personal agenda.

While the covid pandemic continues to destroy lives, I see he's getting his priorities right.

I'm just waiting on the name change on the 'The White House' now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The EO's he's smashing out are probably the easier ones to do, rather than arrange the logistics of a nationwide vaccination programme which I am certain he will have plenty of people working on.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Biden wants to build unity and his first action, presumably after a visit to the bog. Was to sign away all Trumps handiwork in an hour. Funny sort of unity; don't bother to take your time and negotiate with the other side. What the media miss is the action speaks louder than the warm words.

If you have to do something potentially controversial, do it early and in one fell swoop. You either support the Paris Accords or you don't, the position can't be finessed.

Oh dear, how pitiful, in a pathetic way.

'Mark Leggiero was waiting patiently for other patriots to join him outside the New York State Capitol building, waving a brightly coloured flag and sporting his best Donald Trump long-sleeved jersey.

'They never came, and the lonely image of his one-man protest on Joe Biden’s inauguration day acts as a stark contrast to the warnings of mass unrest across the nation predicted by the FBI last week.

'Objecting to the inauguration of the new president, Mr Leggiero made a 45-minute drive to the fortified and fenced off Capitol building in Albany, New York.

'He thought thousands of other patriots would join him.

'But when nobody else showed up, he told local media it was clear he was fighting a “lost cause”.

US protests, Inauguration Day: Lonely picture shows Donald Trump fan’s heartbreak (news.com.au)

This article sums up the sneering attitude to a majority of the population to led to Brexit and Trump becoming president.
Lessons learnt ? Zero.
Rinse and repeat.

The king is dead, long live the king!

So is Biden a Pepsi president or a Coca-Cola president?
Which company has most links to his Administration?

Dr Pepper - What’s the worst that could happen?

The description of the Trump voter reminded me of my wife’s cousin and mine through marriage. He is 22 years old, open carries a pistol, and has a Confederate flag in the truck that he takes with everywhere. He barely made it through high school, so yes they do exist. But since he is kin I spend quite a bit of time grabbing him by his ear and imparting wisdom on him. But yes my inlaws are the type of people that many on this forum would look down upon.
Poor barsteward.
Receiving wisdom from you...
As if he hasn't got enough problems.

The EO's he's smashing out are probably the easier ones to do, rather than arrange the logistics of a nationwide vaccination programme which I am certain he will have plenty of people working on.
I had you, and a bunch of others, as vehement Trump haters - I didn't think you'd actually be Biden fans.

Interesting.

I had you, and a bunch of others, as vehement Trump haters - I didn't think you'd actually be Biden fans.

Interesting.
My judgement is out on him, rather than being a 'fan'. What in that post indicated I was a fan of his?

I can't remember the last politician I was a fan of, TBH.