Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biden Presidency

Putting people into positions that they might have some competence it; what a concept after the last 4 years!

'U.S. President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee to be secretary of state, Antony Blinken, said on Tuesday that he will work to revitalize damaged American diplomacy and build a united front to counter the challenges posed by Russia, China and Iran.

'At his confirmation hearing a day before Democrat Biden takes over from Republican Donald Trump, whose tenure was marked by unilateral action that often upset traditional U.S. friends, Blinken said he would work with allies and with humility.

“We do have a big task ahead of us in restoring, revitalizing those relationships. I do think it starts... with showing up again,” said Blinken. “Some of our allies and partners question the sustainability of our commitments based on the past few years and that’s going to be a hard hill to climb.”

'Blinken, 58, a veteran foreign policy hand and close Biden confidant, said he believed U.S. leadership was vital, but should also benefit those at home.

“If we want to have (American people’s) support for American leadership, American engagement in the world, we have to demonstrate that it is actually making an improvement in their lives or preventing something,” he said.

'There has been no indication that Blinken would face difficulty being confirmed by the Senate. Throughout the hearing, he received bipartisan praise from the senators.

'At the end of the 4-1/2-hour hearing, Democratic Senator Bob Menendez, the committee’s incoming chairman, said he hoped the Senate would confirm Blinken as quickly as possible. Republican Senator Jim Risch, the outgoing chairman, also praised him.

'Menendez called Blinken’s testimony a “tour de force.”

'Blinken said there was “no doubt” China posed the most significant challenge to Washington of any nation.

'He said he believed Trump was right in taking a tougher approach to China - even if he did not agree with all his methods - and endorsed the Trump administration’s assessment on Tuesday that the Chinese Communist Party was committing genocide against Muslim Uighurs in Xinjiang.

'The challenge posed by Russia, which has been accused of interference in 2016 U.S. elections and a broad cyberattack on the U.S. government last year, was very high on the Biden administration’s agenda, Blinken said.

'He said the Biden administration intends to review the U.S. approach and policy toward North Korea and consult closely with allies on how to get Pyongyang back to negotiations aimed at convincing it to give up its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

'On Iran, Blinken said the United States was “a long way” from rejoining a 2015 nuclear pact in which Iran restrained its nuclear program in return for relief from sanctions. Trump quit the deal in 2018, saying it did not go far enough.'

Biden's top diplomat Blinken says he aims to revitalize alliances, U.S. leadership

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1611154732789.jpg

My, aren't we small-minded. Looks, gender(?) and capability don't always equate.

“Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond,” Biden said in a statement. “She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration’s health efforts.”
As Pennsylvania’s secretary of health, Levine has risen to national prominence for leading the state’s public health response to the coronavirus pandemic, despite repeated and ugly attacks on her gender identity.

'Biden’s transition team noted that Levine — appointed by Gov. Tom Wolf (D) in 2017 as acting health secretary — was confirmed three times by the Republican-controlled state Senate to serve as secretary of health and the state’s physician general. At the time, she was one of only a handful of transgender officials serving in elected or appointed offices nationwide. If confirmed as assistant secretary of health, Levine would be the highest-ranking transgender official in the U.S. government.

“President-elect Biden said throughout his campaign that his administration would represent America," said Mara Keisling, the executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality. “Today, he made clear that transgender people are an important part of our country.”

Rachel Levine, transgender woman, picked by Biden as assistant HHS secretary - The Washington Post

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Biden will push America back 20 years and increase the population from 263 million to 300 million by Christmas which will also increase unemployment and causing welfare payments to reach a record high. And how will he pay for all this, Simple raising taxes which will increase the poverty level?
The USA will no longer be a superpower, China will fill that role as America become a third world country.

Biden will push America back 20 years and increase the population from 263 million to 300 million by Christmas which will also increase unemployment and causing welfare payments to reach a record high. And how will he pay for all this, Simple raising taxes which will increase the poverty level?
The USA will no longer be a superpower, China will fill that role as America become a third world country.
1611157648215.png

You might be a tad off...

I know I am an A$$hole but you need to stop eating a bowl of fu*kleberry crunch every morning.

Biden will push America back 20 years and increase the population from 263 million to 300 million by Christmas

Will he do it all on his own or will he have help? That's an awful lot of women that will need impregnating, I really do think you are expecting a lot of one 78 year old man.

Whatever your Politics, whatever your Nationality, watching the Trump entourage leaving Airforce One in Florida, whilst the Inauguration Ceremony takes place in Capitol Hill just about sums it up for me.
I’m absolutely no fan of Biden or his Politics, but the absence of Trump is an act of childish petulance and an insult to that great Office.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
View attachment 541191

You might be a tad off...

I know I am an A$$hole but you need to stop eating a bowl of fu*kleberry crunch every morning.
OK so my population figures are a little off,.
But I'm sure the Yanks like the lower numbers.
And who called you an A$$hole, not me, plus you need to try the strawberry flavoured berry's they will kill the bitterness.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whatever your Politics, whatever your Nationality, watching the Trump entourage leaving Airforce One in Florida, whilst the Inauguration Ceremony takes place in Capitol Hill just about sums it up for me.
I’m absolutely no fan of Biden or his Politics, but the absence of Trump is an act of childish petulance and an insult to that great Office.
Well put, my thoughts exactly.

And who called you an A$$hole, not me, plus you need to try the strawberry flavoured berry's they will kill the bitterness.
I think I would just go straight to whisky and avoid the sugars. Healthier and such.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Will he do it all on his own or will he have help? That's an awful lot of women that will need impregnating, I really do think you are expecting a lot of one 78 year old man.
It depends on what he has in the Sperm Bank and judging by his wandering hands it could be a lot. Thank God he won't acquire interest on his deposits.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
I think I would just go straight to whisky and avoid the sugars. Healthier and such.
Now there's a thing, Is it habit forming, and any particular brand? I hear the Japanese are producing the world's best,t even beating Scotland's fine blends.

70 ish Million isn't 'a little off'. It does, however, neatly demonstrate your ability to understand facts.

Good singing by Lady Gaga there, I thought. Belted it out well.

Hugh Hefner would have managed it.

Or tried, at least.

Latest Threads