The Biden Presidency

Did you see his competition? Mainly a bunch of nobodies, his two closest contenders were Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, both sealed their own fate when they suggested higher taxes for the rich, nothing unites all the trendy, benevolent, pretend lefty, democrat billionaires than someone daring to suggest they should pay more money.

Biden will be seen as a safe pair of hands and it will be business as usual in the states where poor people will generally stay poor but think their leaders are on their side.

You only have to look at @Steamboat for an example of your last paragraph.

He’s a civil servant but launches on the suggestion of a national health service, and who fulminates over the temerity of a suggestion by the Democrats that those earning over 400k pa should pay more tax.

The better candidates have probably got better jobs elsewhere. Biden might look a doddering old twat now but he's had nearly 50 years of bluffing the public.

Edit to add, in a Terry Pratchett novel, I can't remember the name but its one of the earlier ones about the witches, the fool is speaking to the King and Queen about the power of words and how you say something that sounds better but leads to the same outcome (I can't remember the exact woods but it was something like destroying a forest changed to cleaning the land and providing jobs. Its reminds me of US politics, Trump just said things bluntly, Obama/Biden say the same things but in a different way. Same result but Trump is the bad guy because he is rude while Obama and Biden are great statemen.

One of the earliest examples of that doublethink you mention is in the book “How to lie with statistics” by Darrell Huff.

Imagine this cartoon with the words ‘light and economical’ instead:

a73a897d02d9ef423843256b178bdca1.jpg

However, I think Trump was guilty of rampant populism in his ‘blunt’ speaking. The medium had become more important than the content of the message.

He’s a civil servant but launches on the suggestion of a national health service, and who fulminates over the temerity of a suggestion by the Democrats that those earning over 400k pa should pay more tax.
Did I miss the memo where all serpents are required to be left leaning?

@Spanks

So how much of a hit will your country take on this one? Looks like Biden is going to hurt maple syrup land on day one.

I'm sure it will be fine.

The cancellation of Keystone XL would cost Alberta taxpayers just over C$1 billion ($785 million), Kenney said.

Canada plans to sell Keystone XL for scrap if Biden kills project | Business and Economy News | Al Jazeera

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I suspect your entire output for the next 4 years will be a none stop litany of wailing about how everything is wrong regardless of reality. Followed by yeah but that is what you meanies did to my orange hero.

This is a sad day for America, electing a Senile and extremely weak man totally beholden to the media, Big Tech and the military industrial complex who got him elected, not to mention the far left extremists in his own party.

Furthermore, it is inevitable he there will be attempts to impeach him when his son and brothers ongoing Federal investigations implicate his clear bribery links with Ukraine and China.

This is a man who had little to no exposure to the public during his campaign, gave out very few policies to the voters and the media never ever asked him a hard question.

The question now, is whether he can avoid impeachment and hide his senility for 2 years before Cameltoe is anointed to replace him - if he can then she can see out the rest of the 4 remaining years as Pres and run for another 4 but apparently she cant if she replaces him before the mid terms.

Be prepared for very few Biden appearances in public as his growing senility becomes ever more incapacitating.

Last edited:
I suspect your entire output for the next 4 years will be a none stop litany of wailing about how everything is wrong regardless of reality. Followed by yeah but that is what you meanies did to my orange hero.
I suspect you don’t know what you bargained for. But you will soon enough!

I think @stacker1 is absolutely on the money here. The Dems (& their backers) need a Pres and VP they can control.

Biden is absolutely BAU. He's been around a long time and knows how to play the game.
But his foreign policy calls are usually poor/wrong. All his rich pals will have a big sigh of relief.

Harris is problematic, she is a failed presidential candidate and is clearly the VP as box ticking exercise.
There is some really dark stuff in her history as an AG, concealing evidence, all sorts of naughty.

Warren isn't very impressive. I kind of like Bernie, he's fit right in the Labour party in the UK.
The Americans think he is some sort of communist, I listened to him on the Rogan podcast and thought, oh some of this is pretty sensible and reasonable. AOC etc al are far more "radical" IMHO.

I thought Tulsi Gabbard would be a good choice. Seems pretty centrist, I think she would have broad appeal.
Certainly she took a chunk out of Harris in the debates. The minute I heard Clinton labelling her a Russian asset and the Dem party trying to rubbish her I knew she is a good choice as they are afraid of her; she doesn't use PACs so they can't control her.

I think @stacker1 is absolutely on the money here. The Dems (& their backers) need a Pres and VP they can control.

Biden is absolutely BAU. He's been around a long time and knows how to play the game.
But his foreign policy calls are usually poor/wrong. All his rich pals will have a big sigh of relief.

Harris is problematic, she is a failed presidential candidate and is clearly the VP as box ticking exercise.
There is some really dark stuff in her history as an AG, concealing evidence, all sorts of naughty.

Warren isn't very impressive. I kind of like Bernie, he's fit right in the Labour party in the UK.
The Americans think he is some sort of communist, I listened to him on the Rogan podcast and thought, oh some of this is pretty sensible and reasonable. AOC etc al are far more "radical" IMHO.

I thought Tulsi Gabbard would be a good choice. Seems pretty centrist, I think she would have broad appeal.
Certainly she took a chunk out of Harris in the debates. The minute I heard Clinton labelling her a Russian asset and the Dem party trying to rubbish her I knew she is a good choice as they are afraid of her; she doesn't use PACs so they can't control her.

Tulsi is no longer a politician and is now a youtube host

@Spanks

So how much of a hit will your country take on this one? Looks like Biden is going to hurt maple syrup land on day one.
The Oil that the U.S of A greedily gulps from the land of Maple Syrup will continue trucking down south of the border unabated - pipeline or not.

The reality is the pipeline was in both countries interest.

“The demand for heavy oil in the world doesn’t change whether Keystone XL happens or not,” said Dennis McConaghy, a retired TransCanada executive. “It’s just where it’s sourced. Those refineries are still going to run on heavy oil.”

Without a pipeline to move bottlenecked bitumen from Canada to U.S. coastal refineries could be forced to import from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Russia which will mean higher prices of refined oil for the North American market.

“Connecting by pipeline within North America is the most secure way to feed those refineries,” a spokesperson said, noting that Canada has higher environmental oversight and labour standards than do many other oil producing countries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin will be having a chat with Sleepy ASAP but nothing has ever stopped the USA of kicking themselves or Canada in the balls before so why expect a change now.

Stacker is correct it may cost a billion $$'s but having said that it's cheap compared to Chumps Tariffs that cost $13 Billion (that you and we pay for).

Last edited:
The Oil that the U.S of A greedily gulps from the land of Maple Syrup will continue trucking down south of the border unabated - pipeline or not.

The reality is the pipeline was in both countries interest.

“The demand for heavy oil in the world doesn’t change whether Keystone XL happens or not,” said Dennis McConaghy, a retired TransCanada executive. “It’s just where it’s sourced. Those refineries are still going to run on heavy oil.”

Without a pipeline to move bottlenecked bitumen from Canada to U.S. coastal refineries could be forced to import from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Russia which will mean higher prices of refined oil for the North American market.

“Connecting by pipeline within North America is the most secure way to feed those refineries,” a spokesperson said, noting that Canada has higher environmental oversight and labour standards than do many other oil producing countries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin will be having a chat with Sleepy ASAP but nothing has ever stopped the USA of kicking themselves in the balls before so why expect a change now.
I would imagine your PM will getting pegged by Harris. The man is a bit of a bit#h. If the American fossil fuel sector is due to get the axe, yours will follow.

This is a sad day for America, electing a Senile and extremely weak man totally beholden to the media, Big Tech and the military industrial complex who got him elected, not to mention the far left extremists in his own party.

Furthermore, it is inevitable he there will be attempts to impeach him when his son and brothers ongoing Federal investigations implicate his clear bribery links with Ukraine and China.

This is a man who had little to no exposure to the public during his campaign, gave out very few policies to the voters and the media never ever asked him a hard question.

The question now, is whether he can avoid impeachment and hide his senility for 2 years before Cameltoe is anointed to replace him - if he can then she can see out the rest of the 4 remaining years as Pres and run for another 4 but apparently she cant if she replaces him before the mid terms.

Be prepared for very few Biden appearances in public as his growing senility becomes ever more incapacitating.

If you changed that to ‘far right’ you could have posted that in 2016.

I think you’ve also swiftly moved past that at the RNC last year Trump’s team steadfastly refused to publish ANY policies for his second term.

Maybe once he's had a sniff of a few interns he might have a new lease of life

Did I miss the memo where all serpents are required to be left leaning?

I realise it’s a tough call but you will have to hold the contents of both @stacker1 original post and mine in your head at the same time.

You’re a fool if you think that you supporting flat tax type arrangements helps you. It’s the simplest of zero sum games. For any given budget, if the rich aren’t paying more then it means you are.

But this was all explained to you at length before: I’m merely submitting you as an example to a point that @stacker1 was making.

Latest Threads