The Biden Presidency

Btw, recently pres.Biden called the head of Russian corrupted regime as his 'very close friend'.
They're are all united in keeping the present gravy train rolling and people like Putin are very much part of the global business networks, as much as Biden is on the payroll.

Asthma Joe™ Bidens still a caught liar, no matter how desperately you try to defend him like a boyfriend who beats you...
No, sweetie darling. Leave off the lazy homophobia. That lowers you to Steamboat level.

He's a caught plagiarist. A borrower.
Unlike his predecessor, who never borrowed if he could steal. Then stole anyway.

The problem is that until all states stop paying out the Federal unemployment benefits, millions will continue to sit at home and not rejoin the workforce. The labor shortage is pretty intense. So the handouts have to end. Until that happens things will remain off kilter.
It's almost as if pay and conditions for large parts of the American workforce are utterly shit...

Perhaps employers could consider treating their people like, well, people?

Perhaps you think workers at Dickey’s BBQ deserve 17 an hour to start out?
The affect of federal benefits on unemployment rates are not that clear, which is not surprising given the complexities of the economy.

Cutting off unemployment benefits early is not pushing people to find work, data suggests

As to wages, the market decides a worker’s value. If the owner of Dickey’s has to pay $17/hr to find workers then that worker is worth $17/hr. Restaurant work is hard work for low pay so it isn’t surprising that many workers are shifting careers to work for companies like Amazon, who created 500,000 jobs in 2020. Why work fast food when you can have decent pay with benefits, in addition to a regular schedule.

Absolutely, let’s have amateurs and those who think they know what they’re talking about run things. It’ll all work out in the end, somehow.
It's almost as if when you need brain surgery, you go to the pub, and ask the first bloke you meet at the pool table to open your skull up because we are tired of listening to experts.

offog

LE
It's almost as if when you need brain surgery, you go to the pub, and ask the first bloke you meet at the pool table to open your skull up because we are tired of listening to experts.
That old question, If you are as good at your job as the brain surgeon is at his would you let him work on you?

Many years ago when the MoD said it was time to retire I started a new career which paid by the hour. I then knew how much I was worth and from that made an assessment of what other items were worth. If the cost of employing someone to do a job that I could do but would cost me more than my hourly cost I would do it myself.

So what? I suppose you still think Sleepy Jo and the Democrats care about the American people? You're an utter fool.

You posted a shit meme video with Biden and Hitler. tommikka pointed out there's one about Trump and Hitler.

Your response shows just how shallow your critical thinking abilities are.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
So what? I suppose you still think Sleepy Jo and the Democrats care about the American people? You're an utter fool.

I'm not sure exactly what you hope to gain by posting these videos, other than increasing our awareness that mental health issues are genuinely not a laughing matter. This woman is clearly having some kind of mental episode while she delivers a stream of consciousness, fueled by the Internet's most insane conspiracy theories. I'm too close to retirement to bother with it all, but just for shits and giggles:

1. Lumber is being "hidden' to force up prices.

When the COVID pandemic hit, those parts of the world who weren't too stupid to recognize what was happening, assumed the economy would slow. The lumber industry contracted operations and lumber processing significantly. But guess what?? Now Cletus and Darlene were stuck at home with lots of time on their hands, so they started doing all those home improvement jobs they had put off, at the same time, home building actually increased. Combine this with a shortage of drivers (COVID) and now lumber is in short supply and prices have peaked. Nobody was hiding lumber after all, but I will check down the back of my sofa.

2. Farmers are being paid to destroy crops.

This is true, it's just completely backwards from Mrs Wackadoodle's interpretation. The US Agriculture sector would collapse without Government handouts. Here's a funny thing in America, when Republicans give farmers money it's a subsidy; when Democrats give them money it's Communism - weird right? Last year the US gave farmers $46Bn of subsidies - that's Billion with B. Did I mention there was a pandemic at some point? So now restaurants are closed, food processing centers are closed or are COVID hot spots, everyone is staying at home and food demand has reduced significantly. The great thing about farm subsidies (or Communism under Biden) is you only have to produce the animals or the crops to qualify, you don't actually have to sell them. So if you have grown fat and lazy on taxpayer handouts, you don't want to jeopardize that sweet USDA money, so you keep producing and getting paid. What you can't sell, you destroy, who gives a fark, I get paid anyway. I realize idle farmers, grown dependent on the taxpayer's teat is not quite as dramatic a story as a Biden conspiracy to destroy food, but it'll have to do.

The rest of the twaddle is just as easily proven to be the rantings of lunatics, but the worrying thing is how many Americans just soak this shit up, It's either because they are too stupid for words (big percentage) or they would rather burn the country down than have somebody challenge the right-wing extremist utopia that trump promised them.

Anyway, keep patching the targets up, although it must be my turn in the Butts soon...

Indeed. Everyone has an opinion. But there's opinion, informed opinion and expert opinion.

I get it that there's climate warming scepticism. I remember the predictions at the time of impending ice ages, however IUIC, this was the media misunderstanding of what some scientists were studying.

And I think a lot of what we hear now about climate change is a mixture of simplification, hyping, overdramatising, politicisation, bias, arguing from incredulity, etc., of what climate scientists are saying about what is a complex subject which is still being studied.

Same reason goes for possible scepticism about many other issues experts are informing us of.

The affect of federal benefits on unemployment rates are not that clear, which is not surprising given the complexities of the economy.

Cutting off unemployment benefits early is not pushing people to find work, data suggests

As to wages, the market decides a worker’s value. If the owner of Dickey’s has to pay $17/hr to find workers then that worker is worth $17/hr. Restaurant work is hard work for low pay so it isn’t surprising that many workers are shifting careers to work for companies like Amazon, who created 500,000 jobs in 2020. Why work fast food when you can have decent pay with benefits, in addition to a regular schedule.
Until people decide not to spend their money at these places, because eating out is a luxury. Then the workers get nothing because their employer goes under or decides to automate. It is a fine line to walk.

Latest Threads