The Biden Presidency

ipso_facto

War Hero
If you want to look past the fences (that have been up since Trumps attempted coup) then you could just watch the webcam

Incorrect, that webcam is looking at the North side of the White House not the South Lawn.

"Trumps attempted coup"! Another lie.

Do you think some fences would stop an attempted coup? As a coup would involve the military by definition; they would go straight through those barriers!

There's been a lot of activity around the White House and Biden is not in charge.

You still haven't commented on why no plane has squawked as Air Force One yet.

Last edited:
Incorrect, that webcam is looking at the North side of the White House not the South Lawn.

Yes, it’s looking at the north side.
But it’s also overlooking the White House above the fences.
There are also occasions where the media and cameras are inside the grounds and you can see exactly what’s happening - for example do you remember the footage which you claim to be green screened? At the White House, facing the lawn, after the fence went up

‘Trumps attempted coup’ is not a lie, it’s an interpretation

Most dangerous thing on the planet.... an old man in a hurry to finally get his stuff done. Go for it Joe! Drag the USA into the 20th Century.

Do you think some fences would stop an attempted coup? As a coup would involve the military by definition; they would go straight through those barriers!

There's been a lot of activity around the White House and Biden is not in charge.

You still haven't commented on why no plane has squawked as Air Force One yet

AF1 doesn’t show up on public tracking sites because they are blocked from doing so for security reasons. When Trump was running for President in 2016 the FAA blocked tracking of his personal 757.

Donald Trump's Plane Removed From Online Flight Tracker

By the way - I didn’t state that fences are to physically stop a coup.

A coup / coup - detat is not military by definition.
Those that are more likely to come to mind are military coups, but not all of them are.
Trumps coup was the incitement of his followers built up over time —— and it did actually include the participation of his ‘military’ but they are more incompetent then Putin’s GRU, tasering themselves along the way etc.

Air Force One and Marine One don’t broadcast themselves - your plane spotter friend is just sat with flight trackers bigging himself up as an ‘expert’ in reading between the lines that aren’t there

You still have not been able to enlighten me with regard to what the mainstream media aren’t telling you

0662C5DF-BF63-4C10-94A3-0D8430887481.jpeg
We couldn’t even make to Memorial Day, and that price is with my 2 cent discount. Six months ago it was $2.20 a gallon. Thanks Joe, when the sticker shock hits you will be fondly remembered in 18 months.

So you’re hard done bye Are You?

I’ll sympathise once you start paying the equivalent of £4.60 perUS gallon like I do.
It is the Monday following three pay days, so yup. Back to Ramen and Spam.
Do you visit the petrol station every 7-10 days and what is the capacity of your vehicles? The Ram has a 26 gallon tank and the GMC has a 22 gallon tank. The increase in fuel prices is noticeable and the higher energy prices climb, the harder it will be for the economy to take off. It’s a return of the lackluster Obama years with an even worse trajectory for the future.

Fr SpodoKomodo

War Hero

ABN you know Biden is going be holding the bag for higher energy prices. He screwed up with Keystone and his decisions with the Paris accord are his. His admin will continue to increase the price of fossil fuels to encourage people to buy EV’s, which won’t work. He has planted his flag with the radical left and Joe knows it.
How can the cancellation of a pipeline that wasn't going to ship oil for a couple of years affect the price of oil today? It can't. Price of gas is set by the price of oil, and that is an international rather than national market. The world economy is starting to pick up and there is a bottleneck in oil production, just like every recovery in the past. Add in the switch over to summer blend and you can see that the current raise in prices is largely due to normal economic fluctuations. Future green policies may change that but, given that none have been implemented yet it is hard to see how that will have an impact on today's spot oil market.

I've gone through a lot of economic and political cycles and you see this effort to tar your opponent with rising gas every time. It's all just part of the effort to smear Biden as a radical. It would help to actually read Biden’s proposals instead of relying on the GOP to tell you what they are.

This is interesting :

Gasoline prices have a seasonal component: Demand rises during the summer and falls during the colder months, meaning that summer prices tend to be higher. That pattern is exacerbated by laws requiring more expensive gasoline formulations during the summer in order to limit emissions.

Does that mean that Americans are sold cheaper polluting mixes during winter?
Seasonal Gas Prices Explained

How can the cancellation of a pipeline that wasn't going to ship oil for a couple of years affect the price of oil today? It can't. Price of gas is set by the price of oil, and that is an international rather than national market. The world economy is starting to pick up and there is a bottleneck in oil production, just like every recovery in the past. Add in the switch over to summer blend and you can see that the current raise in prices is largely due to normal economic fluctuations. Future green policies may change that but, given that none have been implemented yet it is hard to see how that will have an impact on today's spot oil market.

I've gone through a lot of economic and political cycles and you see this effort to tar your opponent with rising gas every time. It's all just part of the effort to smear Biden as a radical.
Your point being? These are the rules of the game and he has thrown his hat in with the far left progressive camp. In the minds of the peons he owns it.
You also forgot to include his ban on leasing federal land for more wells. Which will have a significant impact on energy prices.

Biden is going to be the man people are not so enthusiastic with in 18 months. He is making the public miss Trump. Wait till some of those tax hikes go into effect coupled with inflation hit his core voters.

Your party needed Joe Manchin or Tulsi Gabbard to be in charge. You got a person who will set you folks back by decades by the time his term ends.

Your point being? These are the rules of the game and he has thrown his hat in with the far left progressive camp. In the minds of the peons he owns it.
You also forgot to include his ban on leasing federal land for more wells. Which will have a significant impact on energy prices.

Biden is going to be the man people are not so enthusiastic with in 18 months. He is making the public miss Trump. Wait till some of those tax hikes go into effect coupled with inflation hit his core voters.

Your party needed Joe Manchin or Tulsi Gabbard to be in charge. You got a person who will set you folks back by decades by the time his term ends.
Most of the policies the RW is linking to him are, in fact, are distorted or not his. For instance, income tax increases are targeted at those making more than $400,000 a year, and capital gains increases at those making more than $1 million. Fox is screaming about taxes going up but very few people will be impacted. In fact, when polled, most people improve of taxing the wealthy (and corporations) due to the perception that they aren't paying their fair share. Your taxes, and my taxes, will hardly budge because it would be very bad politics to raise taxes on people like us. Same with environmental issues - the New Green Deal is not his plan, and he has said he disagrees with it, yet that is what the RW media talk about.

As for the impact of the freeze on leases on federal ban, most oil companies are sitting on 3-4 years worth of unused leases so it'll be awhile for the freeze has an impact on prices.

The Ins And Outs Of Biden’s Federal Oil Leasing Ban

We're not going to agree on this (again :) ) so I'm not going to go any further down the rabbit hole on this topic. I'm by nature a get along type of guy and political arguments make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather give you shit about the lack of decent barbecue in Wyoming.

Most of the policies the RW is linking to him are, in fact, are distorted or not his. For instance, income tax increases are targeted at those making more than $400,000 a year, and capital gains increases at those making more than $1 million. Fox is screaming about taxes going up but very few people will be impacted. In fact, when polled, most people improve of taxing the wealthy (and corporations) due to the perception that they aren't paying their fair share. Your taxes, and my taxes, will hardly budge because it would be very bad politics to raise taxes on people like us. Same with environmental issues - the New Green Deal is not his plan, and he has said he disagrees with it, yet that is what the RW media talk about.

As for the impact of the freeze on leases on federal ban, most oil companies are sitting on 3-4 years worth of unused leases so it'll be awhile for the freeze has an impact on prices.

The Ins And Outs Of Biden’s Federal Oil Leasing Ban

We're not going to agree on this (again :) ) so I'm not going to go any further down the rabbit hole on this topic. I'm by nature a get along type of guy and political arguments make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather give you shit about the lack of decent barbecue in Wyoming.
I know we won’t agree, and I fine with it. I am happy we can at least keep it civil.
But my point is that those whose taxes will be impacted are Democrats. How long do you think they will support Joe when they suffer? The SALT issue is a shining example of how they will react.

Dickey’s will have to do. But eventually you will be in the same boat when you head back to Indiana!

It is the Monday following three pay days, so yup. Back to Ramen and Spam.
Do you visit the petrol station every 7-10 days and what is the capacity of your vehicles? The Ram has a 26 gallon tank and the GMC has a 22 gallon tank. The increase in fuel prices is noticeable and the higher energy prices climb, the harder it will be for the economy to take off. It’s a return of the lackluster Obama years with an even worse trajectory for the future.

During an average year, pre covid lockdown I used to fill up on average once every 7 - 14 days, the car having approx 50 litres tank, now it seems once every 3 - 4 weeks.

So I suppose, we're not comparing like with like.

Maybe you should move closer to work and/or get a more economical mode of transport?

During an average year, pre covid lockdown I used to fill up on average once every 7 - 14 days, the car having approx 50 litres tank, now it seems once every 3 - 4 weeks.

So I suppose, we're not comparing like with like.

Maybe you should move closer to work and/or get a more economical mode of transport?

Don't really feel like downgrading from my wonderful double wide into homes that are 50 plus years old. That would be a solid pass.

4 wheel drive is a must, even to get around in town. A sedan might have better mileage but that is offset by the fact that a decent snow storm will defeat the little cars and make them quite useless.

Don't really feel like downgrading from my wonderful double wide into homes that are 50 plus years old. That would be a solid pass.

4 wheel drive is a must, even to get around in town. A sedan might have better mileage but that is offset by the fact that a decent snow storm will defeat the little cars and make them quite useless.

I was pulling your leg a bit.

I remember you explaining that in previous posts. :)

Latest Threads