The Biden Presidency

Is he a genuine live action version of Mr Burns from the Simpsons?
"We've just bombed Syria Mr President" - Excellent
I always thought Teresa May looked, and walked, more like Mr. Burns.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
The sad part is, that the Biden admin has so much to discuss but the same old conspiracy theories are always brought up. It almost makes me wish the pink needle could be deployed in certain cases.

Everybody seems to be mum about the $15 dollar minimum wage battle that seems to be on course to create a reckoning in the Democrat party. It is a pity though, as personally I think the Child Tax credit is an idea that would take off with the American public and will do far more for the average Joe.
From Forbes;
In New York, the minimum wage will increase to $12.50 per hour, although in New York City, the minimum wage is $15. States such as California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts and others have approved gradual, annual minimum wage increases to reach $15 per hour within several years.Jan 1, 2021.

from NCLS,
When Jerry Brown was Governor of CA he signed into law: increases the minimum wage to $15 per hour by Jan. 1, 2022, for employers with 26 or more employees. ... Beginning July 1, 2023, the minimum wage rate will be indexed to inflation based on the Consumer Price Index.

My opinions are,
Having the equivalent of a family allowance would not work, because so many breed like rabbits and neglect their kids. Plus what about the single person struggling to achieve something, If you're going to increase a unit's income then make them work for it so the whole community gains something. .
But the main problem is as has been proved in San Fransisco and other locations as soon as you raise wages everything else goes up so, in the end, nothing is accomplished. At least its planned to be raised over a number of years rather than all at once,

As for things going up they are already on the rise, Since Biden has been pulling the strings Gas (Petrol) prices have risen by 1/3rd ($1.05) and it will continue to rise back to Obuma's time of $5 plus a gallon. You can argue and criticise Trump all you want but he was on the right course for stability and economic progress.
You may see the US as a progressive country now Biden has taken control, however, anyone who sees reality sees a regression back to policies in line with communism and a dictatorship goosestepping into an area a war can increase power.

Please remember before you criticise that you only read what the media report, and it must be stressed they report very little about Democraps.

From Forbes;
In New York, the minimum wage will increase to $12.50 per hour, although in New York City, the minimum wage is $15. States such as California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts and others have approved gradual, annual minimum wage increases to reach $15 per hour within several years.Jan 1, 2021.

from NCLS,
When Jerry Brown was Governor of CA he signed into law: increases the minimum wage to $15 per hour by Jan. 1, 2022, for employers with 26 or more employees. ... Beginning July 1, 2023, the minimum wage rate will be indexed to inflation based on the Consumer Price Index.

My opinions are,
Having the equivalent of a family allowance would not work, because so many breed like rabbits and neglect their kids. Plus what about the single person struggling to achieve something, If you're going to increase a unit's income then make them work for it so the whole community gains something. .
But the main problem is as has been proved in San Fransisco and other locations as soon as you raise wages everything else goes up so, in the end, nothing is accomplished. At least its planned to be raised over a number of years rather than all at once,

As for things going up they are already on the rise, Since Biden has been pulling the strings Gas (Petrol) prices have risen by 1/3rd ($1.05) and it will continue to rise back to Obuma's time of $5 plus a gallon. You can argue and criticise Trump all you want but he was on the right course for stability and economic progress.
You may see the US as a progressive country now Biden has taken control, however, anyone who sees reality sees a regression back to policies in line with communism and a dictatorship goosestepping into an area a war can increase power.

Please remember before you criticise that you only read what the media report, and it must be stressed they report very little about Democraps.
WTF...
Dude I am not a Brit.

I would be willing to support the child tax credit because that has the potential to help more Americans then trying to cancel student loan debt or raise the minimum wage in an unrealistic manner. In some aspects of life I can comprise with my political opposites like @ABNredleg . I think the minimum wage can also be raised a bit higher but $15.00 is a bit to steep and that number should be ten or eleven bucks an hour.

So I have seen what happens to people when the cost of living goes up and wages do not. I deal with that as a Government employee and it can suck big time.

I do know gas prices are going up as I have been watching the prices steadily increase, and they will hit $3.00 bucks a gallon here by Memorial Day at this rate.

Compromise on certain issues is a must, and that is something that both sides need to work on. Unfortunately the exact opposite is happening and the two sides are dealing with their internal issues and setting up to clash big time.

Dude I am not a Brit.
We are all rather sorry for you. You have our full sympathy. To be born British (or more accurately English) is to win first prize in the lottery of life.

Just think, if your ancestors had had the good sense to move North in 1783 with the United Empire Loyalists, you could have been Canadian. The next best thing.

We are all rather sorry for you. You have our full sympathy. To be born British (or more accurately English) is to win first prize in the lottery of life.

Just think, if your ancestors had had the good sense to move North in 1783 with the United Empire Loyalists, you could have been Canadian. The next best thing.
Aboot.

I did have ancestors in Canada, they migrated South to the promised land.

But who needs a lottery when you have a golden spoon, truck, and a nice double wide!

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
WTF...
Dude I am not a Brit.

I would be willing to support the child tax credit because that has the potential to help more Americans then trying to cancel student loan debt or raise the minimum wage in an unrealistic manner. In some aspects of life I can comprise with my political opposites like @ABNredleg . I think the minimum wage can also be raised a bit higher but $15.00 is a bit to steep and that number should be ten or eleven bucks an hour.

So I have seen what happens to people when the cost of living goes up and wages do not. I deal with that as a Government employee and it can suck big time.

I do know gas prices are going up as I have been watching the prices steadily increase, and they will hit $3.00 bucks a gallon here by Memorial Day at this rate.

Compromise on certain issues is a must, and that is something that both sides need to work on. Unfortunately the exact opposite is happening and the two sides are dealing with their internal issues and setting up to clash big time.
A child tax credit does nothing to put cash in a parent's hand, Ok they are better off than prior to a Tax credit but its not going to benefit them. Let them keep their taxes as they are, if you compare that to a Family Allowance as in the UK the parent actually receives a sum of money every week. (unless it's now monthly) until the kid reaches I believe 18? Plus how would you deal with a parent who doesn't pay tax?

As to $15 minimum wage I provided a couple of examples where the minimum is set to rise over time to the desired $15. However, the democrat proposal is for everyone including McDonald's and other fast-food staff. How much are you prepared to pay for a Big Mac? How much will you be prepared to pay for basic service because an employer has to abide by Government policy? As I have previously said when wages go up everything goes up it's a vicious circle that never ends. And will create unemployment and closure of businesses who can't afford to comply. How about they raise Restaurant wages from the meager 2 / 3 dollars per hour and having to rely on tips to survive?
Gas $3 by labor day? I'm paying $3.05 a gallon for regular Now, by September it will be up to at least $4, and you can blame Biden for the increases which will also cause transportation costs to rise! Coupled with a $15 pay rate and you'll be taking a mortgage out for a loaf of bread.

Ok your not a Brit! Neither am I, I took citizenship a long time ago, I congratulate you on your Double Wide, But I prefer my 1675 sq ft Stick Built, with double garage and double carport on 1/3 of an acre. I also have a fifth wheel but unfortunately, I am restricted where I can go because of covid. Let's leave the oneupmanship game at that, shall we?
There is rarely a compromise between Democrats and Republicans, I also think Trump should have started a third Party because votes would be in his favor being split three ways. Ah well, there still time!
Keep warm and have a nice day, Its a nice sunny 70 F here although its drops to around 35 f/40 f at night.

A child tax credit does nothing to put cash in a parent's hand, Ok they are better off than prior to a Tax credit but its not going to benefit them. Let them keep their taxes as they are, if you compare that to a Family Allowance as in the UK the parent actually receives a sum of money every week. (unless it's now monthly) until the kid reaches I believe 18? Plus how would you deal with a parent who doesn't pay tax?

As to $15 minimum wage I provided a couple of examples where the minimum is set to rise over time to the desired $15. However, the democrat proposal is for everyone including McDonald's and other fast-food staff. How much are you prepared to pay for a Big Mac? How much will you be prepared to pay for basic service because an employer has to abide by Government policy? As I have previously said when wages go up everything goes up it's a vicious circle that never ends. And will create unemployment and closure of businesses who can't afford to comply. How about they raise Restaurant wages from the meager 2 / 3 dollars per hour and having to rely on tips to survive?
Gas $3 by labor day? I'm paying $3.05 a gallon for regular Now, by September it will be up to at least $4, and you can blame Biden for the increases which will also cause transportation costs to rise! Coupled with a $15 pay rate and you'll be taking a mortgage out for a loaf of bread.

Ok your not a Brit! Neither am I, I took citizenship a long time ago, I congratulate you on your Double Wide, But I prefer my 1675 sq ft Stick Built, with double garage and double carport on 1/3 of an acre. I also have a fifth wheel but unfortunately, I am restricted where I can go because of covid. Let's leave the oneupmanship game at that, shall we?
There is rarely a compromise between Democrats and Republicans, I also think Trump should have started a third Party because votes would be in his favor being split three ways. Ah well, there still time!
Keep warm and have a nice day, Its a nice sunny 70 F here although its drops to around 35 f/40 f at night.
Why would Trump want to start a new party ?

Economics:-
If the US Government spends 1 trillion dollars, then in theory that should multiply the effects on the economy by say driving down prices/costs, new jobs and generating say 2 trillion dollars worth of growth on the US economy.

The DNC will spend 1 trillion dollars and you will be left with rising prices on fuel and energy, a stagnant economy where the only growth is in green jobs and Immigration supressing wages and they're are more than likely going to be non-productive. A rising government payroll will be enormous under Biden and another drag on the economy and that leaves Biden one option, which is to keep China very very very sweet.

In Summary:-
America will continue to decline over the next four years, because Biden has simply restarted the old machine and that global momentum is to suck the marrow out of the states and sell it to china, with hefty profits for the elites.

The sad part is, that the Biden admin has so much to discuss but the same old conspiracy theories are always brought up. It almost makes me wish the pink needle could be deployed in certain cases
It was bad enough when Trump was in power, but the mental folk seem to have doubled down on their idiocy.

In America we are out of lockdown, so I don’t know what blue state you hail from but I do feel bad for you. A two car garage is so 1990 though, I admire your ability to make do.

I do believe the Democrats plan was to pay parents with children under 3 years of age $350 a month. For children three and up it was $300 a month. Not an insignificant chunk of change that could be used to address child poverty. Quite a few people don’t pay anything into the system, but these benefits should be made only to citizens. That is the catch to pass things in Maga Land.

Do you eat at Chick Fil A by chance?

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
In America we are out of lockdown, so I don’t know what blue state you hail from but I do feel bad for you. A two car garage is so 1990 though, I admire your ability to make do.

I do believe the Democrats plan was to pay parents with children under 3 years of age $350 a month. For children three and up it was $300 a month. Not an insignificant chunk of change that could be used to address child poverty. Quite a few people don’t pay anything into the system, but these benefits should be made only to citizens. That is the catch to pass things in Maga Land.

Do you eat at Chick Fil A by chance?
Total garbage,
As of March 2nd 2021.
The relaxed restrictions will create more problems because the virus is still active and spreading, agreed not as before but it is still spreading and killing people.
Although a month old this is from the NY Times: U.S. Surpasses 25 Million Coronavirus Cases, a Staggering Tally. A miracle hasn't happened, Maybe in Wisconsin where you have the huge number of 5 million 8oo thousand give or take a few, the numbers look different but then you hardly bump into one another on a regular basis.
The $300 handout won't happen, the government don't give anything away without a catch, And how will you control it being just for citizens? Its a known fact there are illegals claiming assistance, and as Biden has no reopened the flood gates there will be a mass influx of illegals and an increase of benefits, which will be paid for by the Taxpayer.
When I came here Legally, I had to pay an entrance fee have a medical and could not claim any benefits from any government agency be it local or federal. I had nothing when I came here and worked hard to achieve my successes. Those crashing the border should be regulated and follow-ups are done to make sure they abide by the immigration rules, And that should also include being banned from Food Banks and receiving charity meant for the US poor. Biden's approach to immigration is to let them in, it's more future democrats who will rely on government assistance.
Never eaten at Chick Fill A. And I don't eat Pizza or any fast foods, Nothing like home cooking and eating at a table for every meal. I don't have a cell and I use Antenna TV. Never watch sport although I played many while serving.
I won't disclose where I am but I haven't had snow and the temp last night was a chilly 51F today its expected to be a cool 76 F. Have a nice day and enjoy your nice 42 F.

Last edited:

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Why would Trump want to start a new party ?

Economics:-
If the US Government spends 1 trillion dollars, then in theory that should multiply the effects on the economy by say driving down prices/costs, new jobs and generating say 2 trillion dollars worth of growth on the US economy.

The DNC will spend 1 trillion dollars and you will be left with rising prices on fuel and energy, a stagnant economy where the only growth is in green jobs and Immigration supressing wages and they're are more than likely going to be non-productive. A rising government payroll will be enormous under Biden and another drag on the economy and that leaves Biden one option, which is to keep China very very very sweet.

In Summary:-
America will continue to decline over the next four years, because Biden has simply restarted the old machine and that global momentum is to suck the marrow out of the states and sell it to china, with hefty profits for the elites.
Trump has said he will not start a new party, although I think he would receive more votes than the other two. I can see the problems of gaining seats in congress and just serving as a figurehead president signing executive orders.
On the Economics side, had covid not occurred I believe Trump would have continued to benefit the economy and would have been re-elected. Due to Biden, the US has now gone from a self-sufficient energy country with exports of Oil, etc, to one dependent on imports. No dought manufacturing will revert back to made in China and unemployment will rise. I have no faith in Green and no faith in Biden or the democraps. His action is a continuation of Obuma and the resentment of Hillary losing.

Total garbage,
As of March 2nd 2021.
The relaxed restrictions will create more problems because the virus is still active and spreading, agreed not as before but it is still spreading and killing people.
Although a month old this is from the NY Times: U.S. Surpasses 25 Million Coronavirus Cases, a Staggering Tally. A miracle hasn't happened, Maybe in Wisconsin where you have the huge number of 5 million 8oo thousand give or take a few, the numbers look different but then you hardly bump into one another on a regular basis.
The $300 handout won't happen, the government don't give anything away without a catch, And how will you control it being just for citizens? Its a known fact there are illegals claiming assistance, and as Biden has no reopened the flood gates there will be a mass influx of illegals and an increase of benefits, which will be paid for by the Taxpayer.
When I came here Legally, I had to pay an entrance fee have a medical and could not claim any benefits from any government agency be it local or federal. I had nothing when I came here and worked hard to achieve my successes. Those crashing the border should be regulated and follow-ups are done to make sure they abide by the immigration rules, And that should also include being banned from Food Banks and receiving charity meant for the US poor. Biden's approach to immigration is to let them in, it's more future democrats who will rely on government assistance.
Never eaten at Chick Fill A. And I don't eat Pizza either, Nothing like home cooking and eating at a table for every meal. I don't have a cell and I use Antenna TV. Never watch sport although I played many while serving.
I won't disclose where I am but I haven't had snow and the temp last night was a chilly 51F today its expected to be a cool 76 F. Have a nice day and enjoy your nice 42 F.
Alright, now I am a Cheese head! Not quite though, low population states have places where people come into contact with each on a regular basis.

E-Verify and any drivers license or DL can show if you are a Non Resident Alien. Not having a Birth Certificate or Naturalization certificate is also another method. Real ID requirements for social programs is not impossible. If you do provide that information to get a DL you can provide it for other things. But the government has ways to verify your immigration status.

Well Chick-Fil-A does pay employees well above minimum wage to work in the fast food industry.

So it is possible to pay people more money and maintain reasonable costs. The problem is that $15.00 an hour is not going to be reasonable for all parts of the country. But if we dropped that number to $11.00 an hour I think it would gain more traction. One of the hidden benefits is that it might make people eat out less and provide for a healthier population as a whole.

Latest Threads