The Biden Presidency

The $15 minimum wage will likely be disallowed by the Senate Parliamentarian, which is what most people expected from the beginning. This would be a good thing because $15/hr, while OK in cities, will not work in rural areas.

Biden has already stated that it will be likely pulled from the stimulus bill. He’ll probably submit it as a separate bill to appease the liberal wing but it won’t go far. It’s political theater for the most part - Dems don’t have the votes.
I know this, you know this, Biden knows this. But the AOC, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warrens don't seem to want to give it up and let the bill move on. As you mentioned it is political theater but the Dem's are on a time crunch and can't afford to screw this up 14-3 fast approaches.

These people seem to think Biden is going to let them off the hook and cancel their student debt within the first 100 days of his presidency.

BIDEN JUBILEE 100 • Debt Collective

One of them is for $360K FFS. It must actually take a lot of effort to accrue such unimaginable debt. What's more they're trying to make themselves look like they're pioneering some kind of social movement, rather than a bunch of screw-ups that have made horrible mistakes that will plague them for the long-term.

View attachment 552279

View attachment 552291

View attachment 552290

View attachment 552289

View attachment 552285
Huge amounts of debt are usually the result of pursuing professional degrees such as medicine. Average amount of debt is $33,000.

I know this, you know this, Biden knows this. But the AOC, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warrens don't seem to want to give it up and let the bill move on. As you mentioned it is political theater but the Dem's are on a time crunch and can't afford to screw this up 14-3 fast approaches.
The stimulus package is polling very well so the Dems have great incentive to get it done.

Three-quarters of all voters, including 60% of Republicans, support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan: poll

The stimulus package is polling very well so the Dems have great incentive to get it done.

Three-quarters of all voters, including 60% of Republicans, support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan: poll
Through the House yes, the Senate is the Hill that will be the most difficult to take. Where the biggest obstacles will be the minimum wage provision and the distribution of State and Local aid. As the percentages seem a bit skewed and not inline with political reality and the quest to get 50 votes.

Through the House yes, the Senate is the Hill that will be the most difficult to take. Where the biggest obstacles will be the minimum wage provision and the distribution of State and Local aid. As the percentages seem a bit skewed and not inline with political reality and the quest to get 50 votes.
Certainly. The initial bill has something for everyone but it’ll get pared down. It’s Politics 101.

But do you think that certain politicians will hold it up for their pet projects or just give up on them? As it stands right now I don't think they will.
I don’t know - I’m not really following it that closely. I’m sure deals will be made. :rmp:

These people seem to think Biden is going to let them off the hook and cancel their student debt within the first 100 days of his presidency.

One of them is for $360K FFS. It must actually take a lot of effort to accrue such unimaginable debt. What's more they're trying to make themselves look like they're pioneering some kind of social movement, rather than a bunch of screw-ups that have made horrible mistakes that will plague them for the long-term.

View attachment 552279

View attachment 552291

View attachment 552290

View attachment 552289

View attachment 552285
How the actual does someone get nearly half a million bucks in debt?

How the actual does someone get nearly half a million bucks in debt?
Med school or to many of these whilst pursuing a horrible degree...

1614208704831.png

Nearly 3 Dozen House democrats now have so little faith in Joe Biden that they want to remove his Nuclear weapon release authority

Well that's one way to spin it I guess. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

View attachment 552279

View attachment 552291

View attachment 552290

View attachment 552289

View attachment 552285
All with names I wouldn't call my dog.
Where the blinking heck do they get them from?

tgo

War Hero
A good idea might be to to try to make Biden step down (health) prior to mid terms so Kamala can't max out on 2.5 terms of being El Prez

I doubt it.
A bit like the Irish who change their names to something unpronouceable in their teens a look at meee sort of thing.
Different cultures have different styles of names. Not everybody is going to be a Jones or a Smith in certain parts of America and we do have the entire world essentially in our country with all the names and influences to go with it.

But the names are not exactly drawing any unnecessary attention IMO.

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt
Different cultures have different styles of names. Not everybody is going to be a Jones or a Smith in certain parts of America and we do have the entire world essentially in our country with all the names and influences to go with it.

But the names are not exactly drawing any unnecessary attention IMO.
I still think tax credits are the way to go, that way they have to start work to show the study was worth something...

One interesting development is the polling around the question about the: 'Direction of the Country'.
Biden had the worst numbers of any president, including Trump up to the start of February for:. 'heading in the wrong direction'. All the pollsters continued the appalling numbers, but one: Morning Consult (friend of the left).

I suggested before the election that Consult had a tendency to influence the polling average and give a false narrative to the media and discourages worrying headlines that can embolden the other side. Thanks to Morning Consult, the the negative spread has been artificially pushed upwards from -20 points to -12 points and people might ask: so what?

Well the related job approval which isn't great either, generally lags behind the 'Direction of Country' by at least a quarter(3 months). So, Biden avoids negative headlines and is proof that polling, as well as giving trends to those in charge are used to manipulate the people.

Latest Threads