The Bible

You mean Spanish secret services after putting a gps sensor on Puidgemont's car will monitor my car as well? So King of Spain if you are reading here, you can kiss my arrse. You are on the wrong side and you know it, Franco should have exterminated all Royals like Lenin in 1917.
I was trying to save you from yourself. You're obviously beyond help, so crack on.

Gods but you're fuckin' thick.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
I was trying to save you from yourself. You're obviously beyond help, so crack on.

When the law is unfair you either accept injustice or break the law. Rebels are terrorists for one side and patriots for the other side. You think Washington was crazy, start a war for taxes? He was right

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Then I can but wish you a happy torturing.

You mean heroes are idiots? Probably but someone has to do it. 'When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside you gotta take a stand I've got something deep inside of me Courage is the thing that sets us free'

Been busy. But this isn't the thread to discuss the Catalan situation.
Sufficient to say the IRA lasted as long as they did because they had tacit support/fear from a significant proportion of society and a border to escape across, also with tacit support from a certain part of society.
ETA lasted as long as they did because they had tacit support/fear from a significant proportion of society, bolt holes in mountain villages and a border to escape across with tacit support from certain quarters and a blind eye from France.
Both lost when support withered in the areas.
There is no support in enough of Catalan society to support a violent solution, there is no point in destroying what you want to preserve. There would be resistance against an invasion however.
OK?

However he does make an interesting point about courage.
Co-incidentally I was given a book today (in Catalan) that contained these quotes:

Happiness is found in freedom, freedom is found in courage. -Pericles

Freedom comes when you are master of your own life. - Plato

He who does not own himself is extremely poor -Ramon Llull

All make interesting spiritual points, which can be found in places such as Christianity, American Indian traditions, Buddhism, Hinduism, and other 'isms.

Courage to make your decisions, to make changes that you need on your path, and courage to stay with them.
Just a thought.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
There is no support in enough of Catalan society to support a violent solution, there is no point in destroying what you want to preserve. There would be resistance against an invasion however.
OK?
In this case Catalans don't want independence enough. Words and proposals are cheap and easy to say about anything, to get what you want you must do some sacrifice. There is no invasion only because Catalonia has given in (at least for now). It means Catalan authorities don't want to reject Spanish rule, they keep paying taxes and following the laws from Madrid.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Bigpod I have more evidence that the charity done by Christians is only to look good and because it doesn't touch their personal interests. But as soon as you touch their interests they show their true colours of selfishness and opportunism (making them hypocrites). The rock band Metallica has joined some charity initiative so that they look nice. Oh the rich are helping the poor, kind of them. But for the people who know them it's a joke. In the year 2000 when the mp3 files and Napster came out, making music less expensive for people and the making the singers' earning more normal, they went mad. They were suing millions of fans just for downloading a song. They forced into a tribunal an 80 year old man who was dying for cancer because his grandson had downloaded one song. Metallica were like fierce dictators who wanted a disproportionate punishment to people so that fear would keep their power (in this case money).

Bigpod I have more evidence that the charity done by Christians is only to look good and because it doesn't touch their personal interests. But as soon as you touch their interests they show their true colours of selfishness and opportunism (making them hypocrites). The rock band Metallica has joined some charity initiative so that they look nice. Oh the rich are helping the poor, kind of them. But for the people who know them it's a joke. In the year 2000 when the mp3 files and Napster came out, making music less expensive for people and the making the singers' earning more normal, they went mad. They were suing millions of fans just for downloading a song. They forced into a tribunal an 80 year old man who was dying for cancer because his grandson had downloaded one song. Metallica were like fierce dictators who wanted a disproportionate punishment to people so that fear would keep their power (in this case money).
Genuine question. What has Metallica got to do with Christians - I have never been led to believe they are a Christian/gospel group.
I do charitable work because I think it needs to be done. I certainly see it costing those who do it - I'm fortunate as a Minister that I get an allowance every month, but most people that I work with give freely of lots of their own time, money and other resources because they too see a job that needs to be done. So it certainly touches their personal interests.
As I've frequently said - have a look at different denominations from the Catholics you've been used to (not that I'm decrying the Catholics). You may just be surprised.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Genuine question. What has Metallica got to do with Christians - I have never been led to believe they are a Christian/gospel group.
I do charitable work because I think it needs to be done. I certainly see it costing those who do it - I'm fortunate as a Minister that I get an allowance every month, but most people that I work with give freely of lots of their own time, money and other resources because they too see a job that needs to be done. So it certainly touches their personal interests.
As I've frequently said - have a look at different denominations from the Catholics you've been used to (not that I'm decrying the Catholics). You may just be surprised.
I said Metallica because they were the most famous ones but the point is that ALL singers and music labels were persecuting and suing people as soon as the internet meant they would lose part of their huge fortune. If all of them were that selfish it means Christians are included. Also sum the lawyers who were hired to persecute an old pensioner with cancer and similar outrageous behaviour. So you have all singers, all music labels, all the lawyers they hired. It's a big group of people. Were are the good Christians?

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mercury I heard others who have the same opinion as me about lawyers. I was following a trial and the parents of a victim were shouting at the lawyer. A real Christian can't be a lawyer and use his skills and talent to help criminals get away with justice. It means the many Christian lawyers are hypocrites.

Apparently there is no tangible evidence that gods exist... the bible and quran are garbled works of fiction, myths and lies... Why does religion survive? Are people stupid or just brainwashed as children? Probably both...

Last edited:
I said Metallica because they were the most famous ones but the point is that ALL singers and music labels were persecuting and suing people as soon as the internet meant they would lose part of their huge fortune. If all of them were that selfish it means Christians are included. Also sum the lawyers who were hired to persecute an old pensioner with cancer and similar outrageous behaviour. So you have all singers, all music labels, all the lawyers they hired. It's a big group of people. Were are the good Christians?
So your example nothing to do with Christians then?
I can introduce you to loads of good Christians. And good Muslims. And good atheists.

Apparently there is no tangible evidence that gods exist... the bible and quran are garbled works of fiction, myths and lies... Why does religion survive? Are people stupid or just brainwashed as children? Probably both...
Just to try to help you (again).
You don't believe there is a "god" (or God). So to you trying to get the best account of his existence seems futile. We all understand that. But for billions of people - almost certainly the majority of mankind - there is a belief God is a reality, and therefore it becomes important to try and understand what that might mean for us. Sometimes that search for understanding has become formalised, into religions, denominations and sometimes cults.
And as it seems to have been an ongoing quest since prehistory, I'm not surprised there are lots of different "paths".
And be careful dismissing books like the Bible as fiction, myths and lies. If you get rid of oral history and ancient writings just because you don't like them, you might be surprised what you lose.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
So your example nothing to do with Christians then?
I can introduce you to loads of good Christians. And good Muslims. And good atheists.
If ALL singers, all music companies, all lawyers who work for them are evil it means Christians are involved aren't they? If your claim was true then at least 20% of music companies/bands would have been gentle with the fans when they started using the mp3 files. But NONE of them did, 100% of them persecuted people. This means there are no good christians at least in the music industry. I doubt you can introduce good Christians to me because I know lots of them and they're not. Only superficial good manners maybe but as soos as you touch their personal interests the selfish and dishonest truth prevails.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
But for billions of people - almost certainly the majority of mankind - there is a belief God is a reality
It's a fashion, a traditional brand bt the majority of people doesn't really believe it or they would behave differently with facts. If you really think you will be punished by god and you will be rewarded for eternity according to what you do then dishonesty and selfishness would be rare instead of usual.

Skylog

On ROPS
On ROPs
Both but the people who really believe there is a god are a small minority. Most of them are hypocrites who prove with actions that their real opinion is that they have only one chance in life and honesty has no point.

I doubt you can introduce good Christians to me because I know lots of them and they're not.
Then by simple logic, if they are not then you haven't met them, surely?

Mercury I heard others who have the same opinion as me about lawyers. I was following a trial and the parents of a victim were shouting at the lawyer. A real Christian can't be a lawyer and use his skills and talent to help criminals get away with justice. It means the many Christian lawyers are hypocrites.
Maybe not but surely he could defend him to ensure that the trial is fair and also the result.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well said that man. I am also among the charity givers and was also raised a Christian. I do not do the work I do to "feel good about myself", my belief does that for me. I do charity work because it needs to be done. A lot of the work I do is with homeless ex-servicemen, would you deny them charity? As I have said, I am a Christian and feel that it is a Christian's duty to help others. I do not "bible bash", but will engage in sensible discourse with others regarding the teachings of Christ. @Higgs_bosun doesn't seem to be able to grasp this, but will at the hour of redemption.