The Bible

He appreciates a well constructed argument, as do I. But he has also said that Jesus never claimed to be God, so in that sense we are in agreement.
Also I'm not having a go at him at all and I support his commitment to an ideal, as I support your point of view, without having to agree.
I set out the argument from a historical viewpoint and what can be shown, which disagrees with the Roman Church version, from which modern Christianity has developed.
But I'm not trying to change anybody on here, this thread isn't about that, and I'm not challenging him either. He has his path, I have mine and we respect that.
He has read my viewpoint and will agree or disagree with some or all, that's his right, as it is yours. I do know what his position is as it has been made clear over many posts. But I just enjoy the exchange on here and the opportunity to construct a historical argument and I hope that some people enjoy reading it.
I'm sure I could go to pub with Bigpod, or you, and enjoy a chat about lots of things, if I happen to be in the area or you drop in to Catalonia, and for me that's an advantage to arrse, making contacts.

Mind if I ever go to have a beer with Mercurydancer we would have to sit on oposite sides of the table, 'cos he's a Mackem :clown: and I'm a Toon supporter. 8)
I too would break bread with BP any time.

We'll be ok mate. I'm not a Mackem by birth, I just live near there. I'm a nurse so I look after the sick and needy. I have never seen a football team as sick and needy as Sunderland is now.

That would be okay for a fundamentalist, but I don't think we have any fundamentalists here, except maybe HB.
There can be only one truth. Either Jesus resurrected or he didn't. If you rate as excellent a post by Dwarf that says the resurrection was an invention added later on you are appreciating an anti Christian post :D

Freemansory wants to replace Christianity with its architect of the universe and the Christian solidarity with fellowship.
Hmm. If they do convert all those millions to Freemasonry then we could make a killing by opening a shop selling trousers with one leg cut off. :lol:
Anyone in?

Hmm. If they do convert all those millions to Freemasonry then we could make a killing by opening a shop selling trousers with one leg cut off. :lol:
Anyone in?
I guess Freemansory is on the Catalan side to oppose the Spanish Christian monarchy as with the past republican revolutions. But no sign of a real contribution so far.

I would ban all religions and close down all churches, confiscate all churches' properties and use them for national interests.
Yeah right....That is going to work isnt it?

I would ban all religions and close down all churches, confiscate all churches' properties and use them for national interests.
If that includes Durham Cathedral, my favourite place to visit on this planet, then you and I will have to go head to head..........................................................well OK then, head to navel.

But I warn you I have a black belt in fighting from on top of a stool so if I arrive toting one of these then you are in serious danger.

1523443056794.png

If that includes Durham Cathedral, my favourite place to visit on this planet, then you and I will have to go head to head..........................................................well OK then, head to navel.
Catalans have to prove yet their will to fight. So far they've backed down

But I warn you I have a black belt in fighting from on top of a stool so if I arrive toting one of these then you are in serious danger.

View attachment 330392
What's that a wrestling chair from Wrestlemania?

Catalans have to prove yet their will to fight. So far they've backed down
Maybe, but that's got nothing to do with a short-arsed Geordie ex-infantryman.

What's that a wrestling chair from Wrestlemania?
Essential kit for a saturday neet doon the Bigg Market for shortarses.

Maybe, but that's got nothing to do with a short-arsed Geordie ex-infantryman.
You can train them and teach them how to use assault rifles that Catalonia can buy on black market. The SCAR is a good firearm, the AKs are cheaper but still do the job and are traditionally the revolutionary weapons.

Essential kit for a saturday neet doon the Bigg Market for shortarses.
Sevilla police doesn't allow Barcelona fans to enter the stadium with Catalonia shirts. Celtic shirts forbidden next

You can train them and teach them how to use assault rifles that Catalonia can buy on black market. The SCAR is a good firearm, the AKs are cheaper but still do the job and are traditionally the revolutionary weapons.

Sevilla police doesn't allow Barcelona fans to enter the stadium with Catalonia shirts. Celtic shirts forbidden next
Are you now advocating armed insurrection? I think that may make you liable for a lifting, extraordinary rendition and a spot of torturing.

Are you now advocating armed insurrection? I think that may make you liable for a lifting, extraordinary rendition and a spot of torturing.
In life you have to go for what you want. Nobody is going to give it to you served on a plate. They tried the peaceful and civil way and the answer from Madrid is a kick on the mouth. If I was a Catalan independist I would be interested in the only way left to independence that is armed rebellion.

In life you have to go for what you want. Nobody is going to give it to you served on a plate. They tried the peaceful and civil way and the answer from Madrid is a kick on the mouth. If I was a Catalan independist I would be interested in the only way left to independence that is armed rebellion.
You do realise that inciting/advocating armed rebellion on the internet is an offence, don't you?

If you were truly a Catalan independist you would realise that that is the last way to go.
Firstly the Catalan mindset has rejected armed rebellion which in your mind is the only option.
Second historically armed action has led to the imposition by Spain of greater armed force subjecting Catalonia to the state of a second rate citizen colony.
A new way forward has to be found, death and destruction didn't work for the Basques against an authoritarian central government, it won't work for us now. I see what you mean, but you aren't here and you can't fully understand unless you are. Violence would destroy all we have tried to build and the confidence abroad that we need to survive as a country.
It will happen down the line, just not now, and not that way.

Back on thread, being nice to people and co-operating is the way to heaven on Earth as said by JC. To help your argument the Central government considers themselves to be good Christians.
Work that one out.

PS I could show them a lot more than just weapon drill. But at the end of the day it would just cause misery and prolong what Spain will never give up at the end of a rifle.

You do realise that inciting/advocating armed rebellion on the internet is an offence, don't you?
You mean Spanish secret services after putting a gps sensor on Puidgemont's car will monitor my car as well? So King of Spain if you are reading here, you can kiss my arrse. You are on the wrong side and you know it, Franco should have exterminated all Royals like Lenin in 1917.

If you were truly a Catalan independist you would realise that that is the last way to go.
You've lost with the other ways.

Firstly the Catalan mindset has rejected armed rebellion which in your mind is the only option.
After trying the peaceful ways there are only two options left, surrender or rebellion. If nothing more 'convincing' comes from Catalans Spain has won.

Second historically armed action has led to the imposition by Spain of greater armed force subjecting Catalonia to the state of a second rate citizen colony.
Only because technically Catalans have lost the war. It worked for many other people. I think Catalans don't have the will to fight and this is why they can't have independence. Palestinians would give their right arm to have an armed force like Mossos yet they don't join the battle.

A new way forward has to be found, death and destruction didn't work for the Basques against an authoritarian central government, it won't work for us now.
Madrid has spoken. No independence ever for Catalonia. That is the law so if you want independence you must break the law. If Catalans can take their independence with force they will have their own state. If they don't want to take arms they will stay under Spanish rule forever.

I see what you mean, but you aren't here and you can't fully understand unless you are. Violence would destroy all we have tried to build and the confidence abroad that we need to survive as a country.
It's the same everywhere when the authority doesn't accept democracy and self determination of people. There is no Catalan country now. The rest of the world doesn't care at all, if Catalans win their independence the next day the world will accept the new state.

It will happen down the line, just not now, and not that way.
It won't happen even in 50 or 80 years because Spain doesn't want. Washington was a terrorist for London and a patriot for Americans.

Back on thread, being nice to people and co-operating is the way to heaven on Earth as said by JC. To help your argument the Central government considers themselves to be good Christians.
Work that one out.
Christians' hypocrisy at its finest.

PS I could show them a lot more than just weapon drill. But at the end of the day it would just cause misery and prolong what Spain will never give up at the end of a rifle.
Spain's intention is to never give up their rule on Catalonia. Rifles give Catalans an oppurtunity to force Spain to give up. Even the most powerful nations have been forced to defeat by the (armed) will of brave people.

16,000 Mossos already trained plus Catalonia can buy all the weapons needed. If Catalans had the will to fight Spain would have no chance of keeping their rule.