The Bible

He's the founder of Christianity. If one didn't believe him he would stay Jew, if one believed him he turned Christian.
Christianity was originally a Jewish sect. Jesus was, if anything, a rabbi, a jew.

The teachers at your seminary must have been pretty poor teachers.

Still, we value your preaching.

And thus spake Taff, 'Verily, forsooth, heed the word of Skylog, for he hath spaken and he art the future. And on hith head we will build a rock. Blessed be hith generalithathions.'

Bugger me, I've just lolled at myself.

I did. There are about 100 million Christians in Italy and Greece who evade taxes because it's not a crime there.
No, you didn't. If tax evasion isn't a crime then they're not evading taxes. And if 0% don't go to jail for it, then they're all in jail.

Thus spake the priest Skylog.

There's much wittery and thronkery on this thread from time to time. We'd like to thank you for your contribution.

No, you didn't. If tax evasion isn't a crime then they're not evading taxes. And if 0% don't go to jail for it, then they're all in jail.
I mean it's not punished by law but it's still dishonest and unfair. So Christians who evade taxes are hypocrites and eveyone evades taxes there (except of the ones who technically can't such as pensioners, state workers, factory workers)

Can you point to where Jesus refuted his Judaism? No, I thought not. He lived and was crucified a Jew. Indeed, he wouldn't have been crucified if he wasn't Jewish.
You can be a Jew and Christian at the same time. Anyone who thinks Jesus is the Messiah and the son of God is a Christian so he was a Chrristian himself.

Christianity was originally a Jewish sect. Jesus was, if anything, a rabbi, a jew.

The teachers at your seminary must have been pretty poor teachers.

Still, we value your preaching.

And thus spake Taff, 'Verily, forsooth, heed the word of Skylog, for he hath spaken and he art the future. And on hith head we will build a rock. Blessed be hith generalithathions.'

Bugger me, I've just lolled at myself.
Anyone who thinks Jesus is the Messiah and son of God is a Christian so he was a Christian himself. If a Jew believed him he would turn Christian by definition, only if you didn't believe you would stay a Jew.

Sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.
Well who is a Christian then? If even the thief on the cross went to heaven with Jesus by just converting in the last minutes of his life by just believing, meaning he was a Christian, what else do you need to be a Christian?

You need to belong to the Church (whatever denomination) and that didn't exist until after Jesus was crucified. The Bible tells us the term Christian wasn't even used until probably 10 years after Jesus, in Antioch.

You need to belong to the Church (whatever denomination) and that didn't exist until after Jesus was crucified. The Bible tells us the term Christian wasn't even used until probably 10 years after Jesus, in Antioch.
The term technically was used later but anyone who believed in Jesus was a Christian already. If you can go to heaven with Jesus how can you define him non Christian? If you believed in Marx you would be Marxist before the term was invented later on.

Anyone who thinks Jesus is the Messiah and son of God is a Christian so he was a Christian himself. If a Jew believed him he would turn Christian by definition, only if you didn't believe you would stay a Jew.
Considering you're a priest, you seem very confused. And as a Christian yourself, I'd have thought you'd know a lot more about this sort of stuff.

Perhaps in a fairy tail. I know many people who believed their teachers and now sell icecreams with their degree. They would have appreciated a little more honesty from those teachers. But that would mean losing their teahing jobs because if nobody signs up to that course their job could disappear so they put their personal interests before honesty. And all Christians do the same even if Jesus said the opposite. You will never ever ever find a Christian who does wht is right against his own personal interest.
I think that's not true, speaking as a teacher. The fact that kids with degrees end up selling ice-cream is a fault of the political/economic system. At younger ages teachers give because they want to help the kids or beacuse they like the job, or in some cases because they can't do anything else. At a higher level when university is in the sights if people don't have a clear idea of why they are studying then they shouldn't be. There is enough information out there for people to consider the results of the course they are taking. Not the teachers' fault.

Yes I do know a couple of instances where Christians have put others first to their personal detriment. Absolutes don't help your argument.

If 100 million Christians are hypocrittes and 1 isn't, it's fair to say Christians are hypocrites. It's a 100,000,000 to 1 ratio.
Where do you get these numbers from?

Then it's hypocrisy. They say they are Christians but don't do what Jesus Christ says.

Hypocrisy then, they should say they don't believe in Jesus if they were honest.
Naughty little tinkers aren't they?

They all know the basic points and break them constantly.
I think if you want to use statistics on this thread then you are missing a point. First statistics may be a science but it is very open to manipulation and interpretation. To be able to state absolutes as you are doing then you need to define the statistics rigorously and this you are not doing. You give us general statistics, seemingly plucked from the air, and claim absolute conclusions which detracts from your argument.

In the point of who is a christian and who isn't you need to be a lot clearer. The statistics need to be divided into two categories, practising christians and nominal christians.
You can level any charges of hypocrisy you like at the practising ones but then it needs to be backed up by more data. I can think of a number of examples off the top of my head but couldn't tell you statistically what proportion of practising christians they represent.
Secondly the people who claim to be christians in a burocratic box-ticking exercise may be naughty they may not because you then need to define what is a nominal christian.
You then need to define how much they know about JC and his teachings, how far they see it applying to themselves, how much religion is a factor in their lives, and lastly and most importantly how far they see it as a method of identification in the modern western world in defining themselves as part of the European/western community as seperate from say eastern or asian societies.
I think the latter point is why many do rather than knowing about Jesus. How many people actually sit down and think about how his teachings may be useful in their lives? Not many I would imagine.

There are many nominal christians out there and they play havoc with your statistics and conclusions.

Statistics is a science. If you pick one random Christian anywhere at 97% he will be a hypocritical one.
Only by very general statistics.

He's the founder of Christianity. If one didn't believe him he would stay Jew, if one believed him he turned Christian.
Actually not correct. JC didn't found Christianity, he put forward a message or a way of following a spiritual path. It departed from Judaism in various ways, and remember there is a lot of debate about what his original message was, and much has been lost.
But the people were still Jewish though following a different way of interpreting it. A person didn't automatically become a member of a separate religion, they still saw themselves as jews. JC in fact is referred to as Rabbi and that is undoubtedly as he saw himself.
It was later on in history that the separation occurred and the founding figures of Chrstianity as we know it can be found in Rome some time after JC when the canons were laid down as they interpreted them.

ed for missing a short phrase.

Last edited:
Can you point to where Jesus refuted his Judaism? No, I thought not. He lived and was crucified a Jew. Indeed, he wouldn't have been crucified if he wasn't Jewish.
Sure about that last point? The Jewish punishment at the time was stoning. Roman law called for crucifixion and he was punished under Roman law not Jewish.
Just got my pedant hat on.

Take some time to understand his points. They are correct in many ways.
He has a point about hypocrisy which I can agree with, but obfuscated with his statistics.

Again you need to read a bit more. That is maybe true today but in the First Century for the Jews the idea of the Messiah was a physical one. They expected a king in the line of David, perhaps a priest king as well, to liberate them from the Romans.
The idea of Son of God is a later concept and arguably inserted by editors of the texts.

Esoterically/spiritually we are all Sons of God or nobody is, and if JC actually said the Son of God quote then he may well have meant that. History, editing, interpretation have all played their part in distorting what he was putting forward.

Take some time to understand his points. They are correct in many ways.
I try to give credit where it's due, and did so yesterday. The problem is when you give some people a little leeway (i.e. Christ founded Christianity) it becomes a crack into which they drive whacking great wedges. So yes, I fully understand his point and might sonetimes let it go, but he goes off at such tangents it's better to say he's wrong.
Likewise if never argue that Christians can't be hypocrites, but his arguments are so tenuous they become silly. But I shall try to cut him some slack.

I think that's not true, speaking as a teacher. The fact that kids with degrees end up selling ice-cream is a fault of the political/economic system. At younger ages teachers give because they want to help the kids or beacuse they like the job, or in some cases because they can't do anything else.
You're kidding me. Teachers are selfish and promote their own subject even they know it gives no hope for work. Tell me a job where ancient Greek is useful. None. The only honest teachers I heard are the ones who teach useful subjects and they agree others are pointless but only because they're not involved and their course wouldn't lose students.
At a higher level when university is in the sights if people don't have a clear idea of why they are studying then they shouldn't be. There is enough information out there for people to consider the results of the course they are taking. Not the teachers' fault.
Lies, cons, dishonesty exist because they work. It 's teachers' fault to suggest useless courses for their own interest. If they admitted their subject is useless for work theur course would lose students and they may lose their job. They don't care if students will be unemployed. They put themselves ahead of others with deception and they're Chtistians.

Yes I do know a couple of instances where Christians have put others first to their personal detriment. Absolutes don't help your argument.
When? I never heard of one.

Where do you get these numbers from?
Official numbers from the government, the media and by having lived there. I can take you to any bar in Milan and none of them will give you a receipt that is the way taxes are paid. Without a receipt they're evading at least 30% of the money you gave them. Tax evasion is estimated at 200 billion euros, the average incomes are public so the hilarious ranking of taxpayers has employers who earn less than the people who work for them, Mercedes car dealers who earn 6000 euros a year, BMW cars bought by categories who earn 2000 euros.

I think if you want to use statistics on this thread then you are missing a point. First statistics may be a science but it is very open to manipulation and interpretation. To be able to state absolutes as you are doing then you need to define the statistics rigorously and this you are not doing. You give us general statistics, seemingly plucked from the air, and claim absolute conclusions which detracts from your argument.
I can give you any proof you want. Christians evade taxes if it's not illegal. It's millions of people, it's a smoking gun. Then you have lawyers who defend clearly guilty people or the interests of unfair causes. For example, in Italy you can't open pharmacy drug stores so that the few ones make a lot of money. Young graduates and less young ones are then left unemployed and prices to customers are 4 times higher than with a free market. So you have 15,000 dishonest pharmacy owners, plus their lawyers who try eveything to not allow the young graduates to open their store, plus politicians who defend this unfair cause in exchange of money. They're all Christians. The list of proofs is endless, Christians are not good nor honest so they're hypocrites.

In the point of who is a christian and who isn't you need to be a lot clearer. The statistics need to be divided into two categories, practising christians and nominal christians.
If they're Christians only with words they're hypocrites.

I think the latter point is why many do rather than knowing about Jesus. How many people actually sit down and think about how his teachings may be useful in their lives? Not many I would imagine.
Then hypocrites, they know Jesus wants honesty and solidarity.
Only by very general statistics.
Try and I bet my right arm I'm right.
Actually not correct. JC didn't found Christianity, he put forward a message or a way of following a spiritual path. It departed from Judaism in various ways, and remember there is a lot of debate about what his original message was, and much has been lost.
But the people were still Jewish though following a different way of interpreting it. A person didn't automatically become a member of a separate religion, they still saw themselves as jews. JC in fact is referred to as Rabbi and that is undoubtedly as he saw himself.
It was later on in history that the separation occurred and the founding figures of Chrstianity as we know it can be found in Rome some time after JC when the canons were laid down as they interpreted them.
Who is the founder of Christianity then? Jesus Christ obviously. He said he was god, if one believed him it must be a different religion than the previous one. If Jews weren't the only chosen people but god opened the religion to everyone it was a new religion, he told disciples to spread his words and follow him. In other words a religion.