The Bible

@Skylog.
I agree that there is a lot of hypocrisy within the Christian religion, especially at the very top. But I think that you are making a mistake in one way. You take the statistics of millions and then apply a broad brush to everyone.

The point I was making is that there is a difference between a genuine christian, one who practices the religion and one who is a nominal christian. Many millions of people would say they are christian and probably have a vague hope in some form of continuance after death but do not actively go to church or practice the religion. This isn't hypocrisy, it's where society has reached, and the people are claiming to be christian out of a simple tick the box sort of exercise, to distinguish themselves from other beliefs.
Religion for these people is effectively null as they simply don't think much about it.
To say they are Christian is merely a burocratic statistical exercise that is misleading because it does not define true believers or followers.
To be a true christian, or follower of any faith, you have to have studied and practiced your belief.

Your argument loses a lot of water because you are using mass statistics to prove what should be a more individualistic point.

Couldn't resist this. I got it through Wassapp in Spanish but I think it'll make you smile.

"Christians are idiots. They get a bloke who can turn water into wine and they crucify him".

Oops. There weren't any Christians when he was crucified. But I did chuckle anyway.
I know, they were Jewish, which actually makes it more surprising if you think about it, and if I'm allowed to say it nowadays.

If the British Army got hold of one I think he would be conscripted for life.

Well, not quite. Many application forms ask for degree level education. Even a degree in sand crochet gets a tick in the box. That aside, many things taught at schools and colleges are genuinely useful. Pity you didnt learn much. .
Perhaps in a fairy tail. I know many people who believed their teachers and now sell icecreams with their degree. They would have appreciated a little more honesty from those teachers. But that would mean losing their teahing jobs because if nobody signs up to that course their job could disappear so they put their personal interests before honesty. And all Christians do the same even if Jesus said the opposite. You will never ever ever find a Christian who does wht is right against his own personal interest.

I agree that there is a lot of hypocrisy within the Christian religion, especially at the very top. But I think that you are making a mistake in one way. You take the statistics of millions and then apply a broad brush to everyone.
If 100 million Christians are hypocrittes and 1 isn't, it's fair to say Christians are hypocrites. It's a 100,000,000 to 1 ratio.

The point I was making is that there is a difference between a genuine christian, one who practices the religion and one who is a nominal christian. Many millions of people would say they are christian and probably have a vague hope in some form of continuance after death but do not actively go to church or practice the religion. This isn't hypocrisy, it's where society has reached, and the people are claiming to be christian out of a simple tick the box sort of exercise, to distinguish themselves from other beliefs.
Then it's hypocrisy. They say they are Christians but don't do what Jesus Christ says.

Religion for these people is effectively null as they simply don't think much about it.
Hypocrisy then, they should say they don't believe in Jesus if they were honest.

To be a true christian, or follower of any faith, you have to have studied and practiced your belief.
They all know the basic points and break them constantly.

Your argument loses a lot of water because you are using mass statistics to prove what should be a more individualistic point.
Statistics is a science. If you pick one random Christian anywhere at 97% he will be a hypocritical one.

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

Matthew 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
What's any of that to do with Christianity? Jesus was a Jew.

Note the words "if you want..." (its your choice, not an instruction) and "you will..." (the church will be set up by Peter after Jesus is gone - its not an entity in Jesus time. And again there is no instruction to join it).

Last edited:
Note the words "if you want..." (its your choice, not an instruction) and "you will..." (the church will be set up by Peter after Jesus is gone - its not an entity in Jesus time. And again there is no instruction to join it).
He says 'if you want to be my disciple then do this and do that', so you have to if you want to be Christian. Jesus says he will build his church on this rock.