The Bible

After a gazillion pages, has the controversial Sacred Mushroom and the Cross book been discussed?

One of the original translators of the Dead Sea Scrolls by John Marco Allegro reached the conclusion that the Bible and thus Judaism and Christianity are largely based on a psychedelic fertility cult, where members saw God and other visions due to the imbibing of magic mushrooms

Jesus Christ may have been a mushroom.

The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross - Wikipedia

Last edited:
After a gazillion pages, has the controversial Sacred Mushroom and the Cross book been discussed?

One of the original translators of the Dead Sea Scrolls by John Marco Allegro reached the conclusion that the Bible and thus Judaism and Christianity are largely based on a psychedelic fertility cult, where members saw God and other visions due to the imbibing of magic mushrooms

Jesus Christ may have been a mushroom
The way the world is going we will all end up under a mushroom

Apropos of that did you know the expression to 'get pissed' or 'be on the piss' come from the Old English pre-christian days when the shaman of the village took magic muhrooms to facilitate his connection with the spirits.
Mushrooms stay in the system for a long time and when it was snowing the next day when he went outside to pee the ne'er-do-wells of the village would come and eat the yellow snow to get high.

Now you know.

That Clinical Psychiatrist Jordan Peterson fellow of Cathy Newman fame seems to use the Bible a lot for his advice, I'm not sure if he's a Christian or not, though find using religious texts for allegorical references on life a bit of a hot potato. As Higgsy once eloquently put it - You can find as much depth in a Noddy and Big Ears book.

I suppose the Bible may have been the original great text to support good works, tho it seems leading a good life dates back to the Egyptians Book of the Dead and perhaps even earlier.

I like his philosophy that if life is really pointless and no-one has anything better to do with their time then they may as well aim for the greatest good. When you really get down to it I think there's a lot of truth in that claim.

That Clinical Psychiatrist Jordan Peterson fellow of Cathy Newman fame seems to use the Bible a lot for his advice, I'm not sure if he's a Christian or not, though find using religious texts for allegorical references on life a bit of a hot potato. As Higgsy once eloquently put it - You can find as much depth in a Noddy and Big Ears book.

I suppose the Bible may have been the original great text to support good works, tho it seems leading a good life dates back to the Egyptians Book of the Dead and perhaps even earlier.

I like his philosophy that if life is really pointless and no-one has anything better to do with their time then they may as well aim for the greatest good. When you really get down to it I think there's a lot of truth in that claim.

Interestingly (well to me anyway) the tagline for the Salvation Army in the USA is "Doing the most good". At least its something to aim for.

Without reading through the whole thread I can't say whether we've clinched it yet. Is the Bible the word of a god OR a load of badly written dog toffee.

But the truth is out there non-believers, and for a small fee you can trace your lineage back to Adam, the first man that lived.

Atheists Silenced By "Adam Gene" Discovery...

There you go heathens, case closed, time to start worshipping before its too late.

Or it could be a massive scam to fleece the uber gullible.

Without reading through the whole thread I can't say whether we've clinched it yet. Is the Bible the word of a god OR a load of badly written dog toffee.

But the truth is out there non-believers, and for a small fee you can trace your lineage back to Adam, the first man that lived.

Atheists Silenced By "Adam Gene" Discovery...

There you go heathens, case closed, time to start worshipping before its too late.

Or it could be a massive scam to fleece the uber gullible.
Well I thought I'd have a watch, but I gave up. What's the big secret?

Well that's totally convincing I must say. 1157 pages to find the answer and we find it there. Wow!

Pity it's only good news for American Christians, that's the ones on here screwed then. Hard luck lads.

I'll have to go along with HB on this one. The gene might be fascinating, the interpretation less so. And no I didn't finish watching.

Newcastle have just taken on loan Islam Slimani and apparently, 'his arrival means we now have Islam, Mohamed, Jesus and a Christian on our books, as seek some sort of divine intervention to keep us up.....'

Talk about hedging your bets.

Mind if they stay up then sorry atheists I really will believe in miracles.

Everyone aims to do the best they can. For themselves.
Generalisations are never axiomatic.

I think there are people who could make reasoned, coherent argument for 'selfishness'. You're not one of them and thus continue to come across as ranty and inarticulate.

Even the best arguments though, fail to convince people who have a faith.

If people didn't put themselves first the society would be different. People may do some charity but only when it doesn't touch their interests.
Some people are very selfish. Most people have a desire to do the best for themselves and their family, but are prepared to be charitable to a lesser or greater extent. I'd put myself in that category.

Some people are very selfish. Most people have a desire to do the best for themselves and their family, but are prepared to be charitable to a lesser or greater extent. I'd put myself in that category.
This is what I call Christians' hypocrisy. You can't have them both. Either you put yourself ahead of others or you put others ahead. Doing some charity after you've been dishonest is what Christians are used to. It's hypocrisy.

Generalisations are never axiomatic.

I think there are people who could make reasoned, coherent argument for 'selfishness'. You're not one of them and thus continue to come across as ranty and inarticulate.

Even the best arguments though, fail to convince people who have a faith.
If it's what most if not all Christians do it's not generalisation. It's a fact. People who have a faith with words then do the opposite of what that faith says don't really have a faith. It's more like a hope of having another life after this one but they don't want to put in facts what their faith says

If it's what most if not all Christians do it's not generalisation. It's a fact. People who have a faith with words then do the opposite of what that faith says don't really have a faith. It's more like a hope of having another life after this one but they don't want to put in facts what their faith says
Again, inarticulate bollocks.