The best virus ever?

You're suggesting that God is a good example as a father.

Ahem.

Abraham.
Abraham is not archetypical figure, the moral of the story, so far as I can tell, is to go out and take responsibility and then you will have a meaningful life. Even if you make mistakes.

Civilised society cannot function without a foundation myth to govern their behaviour.

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
The discovery that the bible is bollocks when I was aged about ten has been reinforced on a daily basis. Gods are imaginary man made shite. Later I discovered that there exists no proper evidence for some wartime myths. Now I am on ROPs because I happen to know and understand much more about a sensitive subject than anyone here, including moderators.

The discovery that the bible is bollocks when I was aged about ten has been reinforced on a daily basis. Gods are imaginary man made shite. Later I discovered that there exists no proper evidence for some wartime myths. Now I am on ROPs because I happen to know and understand much more about a sensitive subject than anyone here, including moderators.
No. You're on ROP's because you chops off like a knob. No other reason.

At number one must be the 'god' virus... Spanish flu killed only 50 million. But more deadly and infectious than any other in history, faith in various sky pixies must have claimed many times more. Those already infected are usually incurable. They even argue that the Corona virus is valid evidence that God's exist!... a warning that we are not praying enough or something like that. Such are the demented minds affected by religion. Survivors of the god virus are strongly immunised. But having said that...gods work in mysterious ways apparently!
Is that you Doctor Paisley?

You became an expert in Neo-Platonic philosophy and the culture and history of 1st century Judea at aged 10? Well, colour me impressed!

I'm sorry that you're on ROPs. My heart goes out to you in this challenging time.

Abraham is not archetypical figure, the moral of the story, so far as I can tell, is to go out and take responsibility and then you will have a meaningful life. Even if you make mistakes.

Civilised society cannot function without a foundation myth to govern their behaviour.

I never heard anyone interpret the Abraham/Isaac story like that. Could you expand?

The three great monotheistic religions all venerate Abraham, to the extent that, collectively, they're called the Abrahamic religions.

Agreed, there's no such thing as society without unifying ideas. New ines come along frim time to time and old ones fade.

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
At this time of world sickness it is worth reminding you of some hidden historical facts. Typhus, which was endemic in the population of Polish Jews and Russian prisoners of war, along with typhoid fever and other epidemics in places of human density during the war, was the main killer. The allies had destroyed the supply chain of pest control agents and medical necessities, making the situation catastrophic. Stories were constructed and encouraged to cover up the truth. Another virus known as propaganda spread like wildfire, helping hearsay and fiction to reach an unassailable status.

At this time of world sickness it is worth reminding you of some hidden historical facts. Typhus, which was endemic in the population of Polish Jews and Russian prisoners of war, along with typhoid fever and other epidemics in places of human density during the war, was the main killer. The allies had destroyed the supply chain of pest control agents and medical necessities, making the situation catastrophic. Stories were constructed and encouraged to cover up the truth. Another virus known as propaganda spread like wildfire, helping hearsay and fiction to reach an unassailable status.
The reason you're on RoPs is because you're a nasty cunt.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The reason you're on ROPs is because you're you, the fact you are a total penis is purely coincidental

And thanks to excellent planning and foresight, the camps were built with crematoria and large gas chambers for disinfecting stuff. How lucky and convenient for them.

Nowt wrong with that post, is there?

And thanks to excellent planning and foresight, the camps were built with crematoria and large gas chambers for disinfecting stuff. How lucky and convenient for them.
Nail on head, they had swimming pools at Auschwitz as well.
Very Hi-De-Hi.
Listen to the wise words of Higgsy and realise that all those people just enjoyed themselves to death.

Very Hi-De-Hi.
Listen to the wise words of Higgsy and realise that all those people just enjoyed themselves to death.
You mean the people who didn't freeze or suffocate to death on the journey there, weren't tortured to death and weren't picked to help Dr. Mengele and his colleagues with medical research.

The second paragraph is interesting. If the first premise is true, does is matter what the ‘foundation myth’ is?

Very Hi-De-Hi.
Aaah, is he one of those who thinks our Regimental forebears and grandads were making shit up about the camps they liberated?

You mean the people who didn't freeze or suffocate to death on the journey there, weren't tortured to death and weren't picked to help Dr. Mengele and his colleagues with medical research.
None of that happened, it is a massive post war Jewish conspiracy.
If you add them all up it comes to about 11-12 million in all.

11-12 million who died from enjoyment.
Ask Higgsy, he'll tell ya...

What is England's 'foundation myth' I wonder?
Now that’s throwing it out there...I was thinking more of a religious or even pre-religious foundation for civilisations (and many ain’t Christian).
Good question, though. One I‘m happy to swerve.

Aaah, is he one of those who thinks our Regimental forebears and grandads were making shit up about the camps they liberated?
Yes.
But he is right and we are wrong.
Ask him, he will tell you after all he knows everything about everything as he said in a previous post.

Latest Threads