The best rock group in the world ( last 20 years)

at_ease

Old-Salt
My self and Robert Plant saw this guy last year in Portsmouth......

As John Lennon famously said 'If you ware gonna give 'Rock n' roll' another name '

Chuck Berry

Awesome.

at_ease

Old-Salt
....and the evidence. EVERY rock act from the Beatles to Led Zeppelin has at one time played a Chuck Berry record live or recorded their version of one of his songs.

You have to go back further than 20 years to find a rock group, let alone a good one. All the sh1t that's around these days is wishy washy guitar b0ll0cks , not actual rock. These pasty faced, skinny youths in their suits that are too tight for them simply hang around in the charts for a few years, giving us only a slightly better alternative to boybands w4nkness, before disappearing back into obscurity.

A few individuals have tried, but failed. The killers have done one or two not bad tunes but nothing special, the Darknes almost rescued rock from the depths of sh1t but have now gone right down hill.

The truly inspiring epic music comes from bands that started in the 1970s or at a push early 1980s many of which are still going. AC/DC, Motorhead and not forgetting the biggest band in America 20 years ago, Def leppard. The best vocalists are Jimi Jamison and Stan Bush.

Finally, Red Hot Chilli Peppers are fuck1ng sh1t!

buggrit said:
Too hard to answer...

its a toss up between:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Queens Of The Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Seen them all live, except Floyd. Chilis twice, FF twice, Maiden 4 times, QOTSA once. They were all great, but Maiden are my faves. It was my first ever gig (Powerslave Tour, Glasgow) and I reckon that's why.

Also seen ACDC (twice), Metallica (twice), Slayer, Anthrax (twice), Motorhead, Saxon, WASP and lots of other metal types, Gigs are awesome - plus you get ogle some lovely lasses while trying to avoid getting beaten up by their large boyfriends. Saw Coldplay about 3 yrs ago in Belfast and they were brilliant, but Chris Martin is a pontificating git and is really irritating.

The Rolling Stones are so over-rated....they haven't written a good song in 30 years. Their concerts are dominated by gospel choirs and overlong medleys.

My current faves are Funeral For A Friend, hopefully touring the UK in the next couple of months. Rock on!

Victorian_Major said:
RHCP are outstanding but peaked with BloodSugarSexMagik - my rock vote is RATM (who are reforming for Coachella!)
Shame on me, how could I forget these guys? I'd give my left t!t to see this show.

They don't gotta burn the books, they just remove 'em
While arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells
Rally round the family, with pockets full of shells
Fight the power! And I admit, every time I hear "People of the Sun" I get chills.

Captain Fabulous said:
and not forgetting the biggest band in America 20 years ago, Def leppard.
That's your example of hard-hitting balls-out rock? Can you say hairspray? :D

Somewhere Bo Diddley is turning over in his grave at this entire thread, though...

arry

Swinger
Maiden!!!

Up the Irons!!

veritas

Old-Salt
Did any one else make teh mistake of going to see 'guns n roses' last year...

It was awful, I should have stuck with the memories of the use your illusions gigs

Hartley_Hare

Old-Salt
[Oasis are a bunch of northern gays in comparison :sleepy:]

Hear hear. I would love to stamp on Liam Gallaghers balls.

The Doors
Pink Floyd
Chillis
U2

*whispers ABBA is also a favourite*

redacer

Old-Salt
Seconded or thirded on lots of the above - AC/DC (Donington'91), Iron Maiden ( first seen on the same tour as Poisondwarf but in Edinburgh), Black Sabbath ( Cozy Powell doing Mars from the Planet Suite cured my food poisoning!!) and Kiss (nothing to do with Gene Simmons at all - honest!!) :headbang:
More recently Rammstein

Snow Patrol are fucking shite - how can anyone say they're a great rock band; they've been peddling their shyte music around NI for years, then some tube notices that they have a 'nice' sonambulant quality to their music, like Coldplay - easy listening for the masses...

Load of Bollox. :pissedoff:

I heart RATM - did my first stage dive to them in '94 in the Ulster Hall, 'Killing in the name of..' :headbang: My mate tried the same and got the balls knocked out of him by a non-too-amused bouncer, heh heh!!

How many squaddies can truthfully say they haven't given it large on Bohemian Rhapsody at least once with their oppos?

We who are about to rock salute you.

Party on dudes.

Saw Queen at Wembley the day Lennon was killed. Mercury interrupted the set, to sit there with a guitar and said "This is for a friend" , and played Imagine , in a darkened arena. Moving stuff.

Lights went down , then every single light in the place went up in a blaze, simultaneous with...

FLASH!
Kicking concert, the ****** business

Hartley_Hare

Old-Salt
eSeL said:
Snow Patrol are fucking shite - how can anyone say they're a great rock band; they've been peddling their shyte music around NI for years, then some tube notices that they have a 'nice' sonambulant quality to their music, like Coldplay - easy listening for the masses...

Load of Bollox. :pissedoff:

I heart RATM - did my first stage dive to them in '94 in the Ulster Hall, 'Killing in the name of..' :headbang: My mate tried the same and got the balls knocked out of him by a non-too-amused bouncer, heh heh!!
Easy tiger. You'll give yourself a hernia lol.

PartTimePongo said:
Saw Queen at Wembley the day Lennon was killed. Mercury interrupted the set, to sit there with a guitar and said "This is for a friend" , and played Imagine , in a darkened arena. Moving stuff.
I would just like to say that the day Lennon died, I was more than likely shitting and swamping my pit.

This is probably due to the fact that I was only 11 months old..... ;)

Latest Threads