The best rock group in the world ( last 20 years)

adonwar

Old-Salt
queen, g n r's, green day or chillis has to be

Too hard to answer...

its a toss up between:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Queens Of The Stone Age
Foo Fighters

twicer

Old-Salt
The Stranglers

Still Going Strong!!

I'm sorry but RCHP had one decent album in Californication and since then have been utter pants. Look at enduring legendary such as Pearl Jam (check out their Reasing set) and other fantastic rock-ness as Rage Against The Machine and The Smashing Pumpkins. Oh.. and Black Lace were quite handy too.

elovabloke

ADC
wingboy said:
Mate 3 words

Last 20 years!!
Seem to remembe them playing in Hyde Park a couple of years ago but at my age the sight may have failed me so lets add.

Who
Stones

All can out perform todays dross and now the Police are back.

nurse_ratched

Old-Salt
Oasis are a bunch of northern gays in comparison
Agreed, overrated shoite, Chilis, Killers, Snow Patrol were all far superior. Liam Gallagher qualifies on all definitions of Mong as described eloquently in various NAAFI Bar threads, the drooling gimp.

Anyhoo, Pearl Jam - top live band, still going strong.

Currently, Muse are fooking awesome.

Seconded (or thirded for AC/DC)

the_guru said:
I'm sorry but RCHP had one decent album in Californication and since then have been utter pants. Look at enduring legendary such as Pearl Jam (check out their Reasing set) and other fantastic rock-ness as Rage Against The Machine and The Smashing Pumpkins. Oh.. and Black Lace were quite handy too.
Dear sir, with all due respect, you are uttering testicles (testiculating?).

"Johnny Kick a Hole in the Sky"? "Fight Like a Brave"? "Catholic School Girls Rule"? And the whole playlist of "BloodSugarSexMagik"? Long before Californication, which I found a bit processed for my taste.

I could be biased, because they're local boys from around my way, but they rawk. Greatest in the world, I dunno, but certainly the most reliably cool these days.

the_guru said:
Not only is your opinion on rugby utter shite but so is your opinion on the Chili's.

What about Mother's Milk or Blood Sugar Sex Magik?

Blacklight

Clanker
OK, I'll admit, RHCP are good, but I second the nomination for Fish-era Marillion, they were awesome.

Also, Black Sabbath have got to get a mention, whether it be Ozzy or Dio era.

:headbang:

the_matelot said:
Not only is your opinion on rugby utter shite but so is your opinion on the Chili's.

What about Mother's Milk or Blood Sugar Sex Magik?
I feel bad for saying it but the RHCP went downhill after they came of the drugs.

My vote for best;

Faith No More
Jane's Addiction
Motorhead

Depending on my mood.

Latest Threads