The best racing spoon

Yep, we had our racing spoons on paracord attached to a top smock pocket when on AMF(L) exercises in Norway so you didn’t loose it when you almost certainly fell over in the snow. Mine was a wooden spoon with a handle long enough to reach the bottom of the cooker.

Everyone would empty their dehydrated rations into the pressure cooker and when it was done everyone sat around the said cooker and the race was on.
Ahhh so you've read Andy McNab books too taking it in turns with the racing spoon she-bang rocking up to random cuisines?

From a 2001 thread on another site

"McNab talks about a tradition when somebody in the unit gets a good treat from back home or scavenges something that everybody wants a taste of, the rule is everybody gets one spoonful. The spoon in American MRE's is durable, has a long handle, and has a deeper scoop than the British spoon. McNab confides that the American spoon will allow you a better scoop of your friends grub even if you are last in line an have to scrape the bottom of the container. He took an American MRE spoon, put a hole in the handle and wore it around his neck while in the rear. He referred to the long, brown plastic spoon as a "racing spoon" in his writings."

Londo

LE
I can eat your food with this bugger....

long-handled-wooden-spoon-for-a-huge-kettle-or-soap-making-pot-primitive-vintage-wood-spoon-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s55167-1.jpg
Oooooh! A wooden poon

...not entirely sure I see the point of titanium chopsticks...still want some

KaBar do chopsticks in GrivEx/Bakelite with a flat side around halfway down. Very easy to hold and just wipe clean. Around $9 for two sets from Knife Center.

1362_1.jpg

...The MRE bags that we are issued have a long handled spoon within...

Try eating the turkey burger thingie in gravy with that piece of shit. End up leaving shards of broken plastic in the pouch and trying to stab yourself in the tonsils with the broken off handle.

ETA: And it's grazing spanners in the SADF.

Probably makes spearing eyeballs and sheep bolleaux a little simpler than chasing them round the stewpot with a spirtle.

OoooH they should make them hollw so you can use 'em as a straw
Get some thin stainless tubing and start knocking them out. Years ago I bought 2 rohrloeffels in Germany, basically a metal straw with a spoon bowl on one end for the kids when they had sundaes and coke floats. Still use them with the grandkids. Pictures available on request.

OoooH they should make them hollw so you can use 'em as a straw

Get some thin stainless tubing and start knocking them out. Years ago I bought 2 rohrloeffels in Germany, basically a metal straw with a spoon bowl on one end for the kids when they had sundaes and coke floats. Still use them with the grandkids. Pictures available on request.

Funny you should say that...

KaBar again. Around USD9-00

9412_5.jpg