The best pudding

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by thecoops, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to my brothers for a meal at mothers day ( my mums going of course ) And its my job to supply the pud but I'm stuck the for and idea so have you got any ideas / recipes ?

2. Artic roll, job done.

3. Nigella's self saucing sticky toffee pudding, google it, it's WELL lush

4. Bread and Butter Pudding with home made Custard is for winners

• Like Like x 4
  5. Delia Smith's apple crumble with almonds in the crumble, topped with a few ounces of Rodda's clotted cream.........heaven!

6. Eton Mess, ideal for cookery noobs and easily made in advance if you leave the meringue (ready made) til later. Eton Mess Recipe - Eton Mess, A Classic British Dessert

Or live dangerously. Yorkshire puds are basically pancake batter, no? Makes a good sweet, and for those who don't agree, fruit and ice cream for them.

Your batter has to stand for a few hours, and try pre-heating your oiled pudding moulds before cooking.
    Get the mix right,
    • 4 large, fresh eggs, measured in a jug
    • 4 egg whites
    •Equal quantity of milk to eggs
    •Equal quantity of all purpose/plain flour to eggs
    •Pinch of salt

Sweetened yorkshire pudding batter, add icing sugar and a smidgeon vanilla essence

Bake those suckers individually, those multi-trays are ideal.

Empty yorkies are boring, right? Fill them up with hot raspberries/cold fruits of the forest. And vanilla ice cream.

Serve on a large patterned plate dusted with icing sugar /a spoon of red fruit coulis and butterscotch sauce

British Recipes: Easy Yorkshire Pudding Recipe - How to Make Traditional Yorkshire Puddings

• Like Like x 2
  7. 20 or 40 ft?

8. Think Yorkshire and don't be silly with all those eggs. You aren't from Yorkshire are you?

9. Have a couple, during the winter you can't beat a blackberry and apple crumble. During the summer I am rather partial to chocolate fudge cake.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [QUOTE=ClungeBob

11. Am I missing something? Can't see your reply?!

12. [QUOTE=ClungeBob