The best pub signs.....

Is that not in Soi Cowboy? Er ...just a guess, you understand *cough*

MsG

You could have started off with, say... The Crown and Thistle and then worked up to your entry...

You kind of killed the thread with that...

Nice one though...

I saw this sign on a shitter door when on a Pub Golf night with the rugby club in Greenwich. Made me chuckle.

Attachments

The names of these two pubs have always amused me:

The Fawcett Inn (in Pompey):

And near Exmoor:

.... but they ain't a patch on the original post. :(

There's a pub near me that's taken it's normal sign down and hung a Poppy made of ply wood in it's place. Bow that's a proper pub sign.

i haven't got a picture but i know of a pub/bar called the monkeys forehead! :)

There's "The Olde C*ck Inn" in Didsbury, just out of Manchester.

Saw a sign on a club toilet door in Manchester saying something along the lines of "One person per cubicle. Anyone breaching this limit will be ejected." Wonder why that was... :roll:

As this thread doesn't really seem to be accelerating to a hilarious climax :( a couple of bits of pub loo graffiti (from Sussex pubs in the 1970s and 1980s) have just come to mind:

1) "Little Red Riding Hood is a Russian contraceptive."

2) "The painter's work was all in vain.
The shithouse poet strikes again.
Don't stand upon the toilet seat.
The crabs in here can jump ten feet."

JoseyWales said:
There was a pub in Pontypool called the ' Labour in Vain ' The pub sign was banned a few years ago.

The reason ?
I believe it showed a picture of a lady trying to scrub a piccanninny 'clean'.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
JoseyWales said:
There was a pub in Pontypool called the ' Labour in Vain ' The pub sign was banned a few years ago.

The reason ?
I believe it showed a picture of a lady trying to scrub a piccanninny 'clean'.
This is a photo of The Labour in Vain, Westergate, West Sussex. I used to live near there, and was under the impression that the sign had had to be changed? But the 'old' sign is still displayed in the photo. :?

EDIT: There's an article about the sign here, from the local rag:

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2004/2/18/117251.html

theres one down the road called THE GENERAL HAVEALOCK INN (ok i will)

ive allways wanted to have a pub called the slappers legs then i could have the grand opening of the slappers legs