The Best NAAFI facility.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There is another thread inviting nominations for the Worse NAAFI Shop. It seems to me a bit like asking for the most run down depressed town in Wales. How would you choose given that most of them are dire.

So being an optimist I thought I'd ask people to nominate the best NAAFI facility and why. To make it a bit easier I'll allow nominations of non-NAAFI contractors fulfilling the same role.
I can't think of one myself but I've been to any number of good PX's similar of all sorts of other nations.

BTB: IIRC correctly NAAFI stands for No Ambition And Fcuk-all Interest or Not At All Fcuking Interesting. Anyone know what SODexho stands for?

P

PrinceAlbert

The best NAAFI facility that I recall was a cheeky little Geordie lass at Bordon. She was very accomodating, actually, they all were. But at least she was pretty for a change.

Summit house, Berlin. The shop was turd, the Bar was a good start to night out.

the pie machine and microwave.

Used to love the way Juke box was always removed from Hohne naafi over christmas in 60's.A real home from home.

Or how to paint......in Deptdford.....would you like a banana bout in the background, or possibly a Jobshop in the foreground?

Sorry, I am a little drunk. I am not against anyone. If I am against anyone, it will have to be fat shits who send boys to death and call it ' Democracy' .. inniy, regggae.

B

Bottleosmoke

The pizza place in BLMF wasn't too bad when you had a few.
But then nor was Lunn Poly's in DJ Bks at Split.

Was that before or after a few people went down with a nasty throat infection after the serb working there had been adding his own gonorrhea ridden sauce as a special topping?

HMS Deadlus (or however you spell it) in Lea on Solent!

The NAFFI bar was packed with WRENS, was a nicely decorated like a real quality pub and had a wicked jukebox from what I recall!

A very good start for a night out when invited by a number of said WRENS to frequent the night sports of Southampton........ Happy days..........

Well, I don't know about these days, but when I were a lad this place took some beating (as did my swede on a couple of occasions).

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was that before or after a few people went down with a nasty throat infection after the serb working there had been adding his own gonorrhea ridden sauce as a special topping?
Don't know, but it was 97 - 98. When I went back in 2000 it just wasn't the same. But by then the bar was no longer a tent but a purpose built shed.

PX in Jacksonville Florida, you could buy a boat in there it was the size of a Tesco's, dirt cheap and the checkout girls loved the accent and often you got Grippo'd because they loved the English

Dodge city, Epi Garrison, Cyprus,

For an old camp it's not bad

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Dodge city, Epi Garrison, Cyprus,

For an old camp it's not bad
I'm surprised that they are surviving the brave new world of contractorisation. How is the is the choggy shop next to the Station Supermarket in Akrotiri doing?

C

cloudbuster

HMS Deadlus (or however you spell it) in Lea on Solent!

The NAFFI bar was packed with WRENS, was a nicely decorated like a real quality pub and had a wicked jukebox from what I recall!

A very good start for a night out when invited by a number of said WRENS to frequent the night sports of Southampton........ Happy days..........
Daedalus gets a second vote from me. I may have been attending Av Med lectures at nearby Seafield Park, and the dunker at Dolphin. Whatever; another excuse for a mid-course piss-up.

I'm surprised that they are surviving the brave new world of contractorisation. How is the is the choggy shop next to the Station Supermarket in Akrotiri doing?
BA: it's been a while since I was there so I'm not too sure about Akrotiri. So wouldn't be surprised if it's been lost to contractors (besides I was barely sober when visiting) anyway, apart from duty purposes obviously

Still, the best choggie shop was in the MT & IIRC the Tailors opposite parade square done gone Mods..

The Naafi at 32 in Hohne. Used to have numerous vending machines that you could get yer arm up inside and take what you wanted ... and no CCTV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
REMEbrat The NAAFI Bar 22
Porridge_gun The NAAFI Bar 16
olliee2 Sappers 33