The best loony left/ tree hugger/anti military song?

You must admit that some pinko's/pacifists have a good ear for music; what's your favourite leftie tune?

I nominate this one, very tuneful celebration of the dishonourable conduct of some of the lowest forms of life ever to disgrace the RN (tried to hand over the fleet to the French during the Napoleonic war), but a bloody good tune.

The Men They Couldn't Hang The Colours (2) - YouTube

You must admit that some pinko's/pacifists have a good ear for music; what's your favourite leftie tune?

I nominate this one, very tuneful celebration of the disgraceful conduct of some of the lowest forms of life ever to disgrace the RN (tried to hand over the fleet to the French during the Napoleonic war), but a bloody good tune.

War by Edwin Starr

Talkin' those vietnam pot Luck Blues - Tom Paxton

Not sure about the best, but the worst is deffo "Neun und Neunzig luft balons""

Green Fields of France. Even the Dropkick Murphys tone it down a bit for that one!

The Band Played Waltzing Matilda.

Not completely according to the thread title, but The Fields of Athenry is available as everything from a dirge to a stomp-along.

Interesting thread - can't think of anything at the moment though. I'll have to give it some thought.

Rodney2q

Know your Enemy- Green Day
21 Guns- Green Day
Hands Held High- Linkin Park
Boom!- System Of A Down
B.Y.O.B.- System Of A Down

Pretty much anything by Rage against the machine?

"When the Tigers broke free" by Roger Waters.

Oooh! Got a couple....

Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Once I was - Tim Buckley Linky thing: Letters Home from Vietnam - Once I Was - YouTube

Try and catch the film "Dear America: Letters from Vietnam" - most of it is on you tube. The soundtrack is superb - Rolling Stones, Alice Cooper, Tium Buckley, CCR, Hendrix....

Rodney2q

all around my hat...it's got a few different singers/groups but i'm with steeleye span

I nominate this one, very tuneful celebration of the dishonourable conduct of some of the lowest forms of life ever to disgrace the RN (tried to hand over the fleet to the French during the Napoleonic war), but a bloody good tune.

the green fields of france ?