The best kit ever

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by emptyeye, Sep 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, you are in charge of defence procurement, money is no object, you are tasked with coming up with what is to be the ultimate kit and weapon system for use in operations, boots, jackets, headwear, webbing, just for the British Army, What would you come up with? It must be multi functional, must be able to be used in different parts of the world, can be a mix and match, but keeping a national identity as much as you can
    Pics are welcome, retailers listed, the whys and what fors. Members can decide who is the winner.

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Lifeventure pocket flask.

3. I can't speak for the Army but I'd like to see fricking sharks with lasers for the Navy
    [​IMG]

Actually, I'd like to see TLAM fitted to the new Type 45 Destroyers-ALL 12 OF THE B@STARDING SHIPS WE WANTED YOU CNUT BLIAR AND........
    [​IMG]

I'd like the Navy to change the names of the new aircraft carriers if/when we get them. The names chosen are awful for Aircraft Carriers.
    [​IMG]

I'd like to see at least a dozen Littoral Combat Ships like the yanks are getting
    [​IMG]

4. Dont I see that tower on that type 45 in concrete on Portsdown hill each day?
    WTF is a TLAM?

5. Sorry Emptyeye, I went into red mist mode and edited my post.

Aye, you do see the main mast on Portsdown hill each day. Its a very, very good piece of kit and the PAMS (Principle Air Missile System) will be a world leader when it is deployed on the ship.

And I hope the TLAM question is not a Wah (or a Easy! in RN speak!). It stands for Tomahawk Land Attack Missile.

6. Thought so!
    Tomahawk huh?.......*visualising the picture of trying to hit a bloody ginormous target with a wee axe*

Just kidding of course, so what about uniforms? what would you buy and change if anything?

7. I'd make the RAF wear Pink uniforms.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Can we have some boots that the soles don't rot off in warm weather, please?

9. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You wish!!!

10. Rustproof RED wheel nuts!!!!!

11. a ******* and brown nose detection unit that sprays the offender in brown paint, for all to see

12. issued cheryl tweedy, for all occasions, mess functions, op duties, doss bag warming, and spunk catcher.

13. Sad , i know, but how about actually issuing Gerber multi-tools.

14. Leathermens are issued, go and chat your very nice man the RQMS (T), after hes stopped laughing, he might ask you why you want one