Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Best Kebab in the UK

opposite my brothers house in erdington there is a row of takeaways with a chipshop come kebab place come curry house - the meat is great and they have a little grandfather type who as well as probably killed a couple of hundred soviet paratroopers makes fresh naan which is awesome. unfortunately seeing as its surrounded by council estates where vegetables are forbidden and the commonest request is for kebab meat and chips they dont understand salad and sauces very well.

gloucester has mastered the chicken doner thanks to the kurds and a decent salad spread goes with it so I dont regret moving so far south as much as I maybe should.

To be honest I reckon the south has got it spot on for kebabs.

Never had a decent one above the legendary Watford Gap and it hurts me to say this as I am originally a northern bastard.

I allways went to oki's in york as I knew him and his missus, I was introduced to the wonder of the chicken doner down in cornwall as you turn into looe next to the taxi rank - top notch.

before we moved fully to glos she was in digs and around the corner a new shop started up which looked clean and we stayed with it for 5 years until they closed the centre off at night so I found another one even better. :)

mind you some places do crap doners but awsome doner pizzas. as long as they dont use pickled chillies

There's a cracker on the Great West Road in Heston near Heathrow Airport. It's called Pavillon Rouge which is a bit French sounding, so I'm guessing it's Lebanese.

Everything is wrapped up in a flat bread parcel and finished off in small version of an industrial laundry press.

Lush.

There's a cracker on the Great West Road in Heston near Heathrow Airport. It's called Pavillon Rouge which is a bit French sounding, so I'm guessing it's Lebanese.

Everything is wrapped up in a flat bread parcel and finished off in small version of an industrial laundry press.

Lush.

isn't that a panini?

You cast your net too narrow, Balkon in Oslo is the kebab of the gods. It costs twenty quid but it is Norway, the land of milk and **** off expensive prices.

Just thinking about the Gyros, there's a good gyros place in Bordon near the Woodlands pub that makes a valiant effort of being as good as the ones in Germany

Just thinking about the Gyros, there's a good gyros place in Bordon near the Woodlands pub that makes a valiant effort of being as good as the ones in Germany

The only other Kebab place in Bordon when I was there was next to the chippy and had mirrors all over the wall and ceiling and was trippy as all **** when you went in. That one?

The only other Kebab place in Bordon when I was there was next to the chippy and had mirrors all over the wall and ceiling and was trippy as all **** when you went in. That one?

Nope, if you head from the chippy to the cross roads by the fire station and turn right there is a small industrial estate about a mile down there on the left and its there.