The Best Kebab in the UK

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by noize, Aug 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where do you think the best (or most tolerable?) Kebab shop/house/bin in the UK is?

I grew up in Bordon, Hants so have experienced the delights of the churchyard van, (high point) lived in Bristol and been poisoned by a ******* awful excuse for food that made me vomit for about 3 or 4 days after (low point), eaten the delights of the curried kebab from Raj Dhani in Southampton but I still think the best lamb doner I've ever had has been from Arabian Nights (RIP :< ) in Hackney, London.

Where would your vote go?
  2. The Kebab Centre, Woodham Lane, New Haw near Woking Surrey.

Absolutely the bollox.

The Kebab van that used to park up outside Manor Park in Aldershot but it may have gone now.
  3. Any kebab house that doesn't give me diarrhea is good in my books.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. UK kebab shops are all shit even the so called "good" ones.
    Never had a good kebab until I visited Istanbul.
    Since then i have never eaten one in the UK as there is no comparison.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. City Best Kebab. 45 Pitfield Street, Shoreditch. Nearest tube Old Street

Open till stupid O'clock at weekends and great value. Go for mixed kebab over rice with plenty of fresh chopped veg. Nice coffees too.
  6. Hounslow Kebab House on the corner of Bell Road - very good and packed full of meat and salad; so much so, in fact, that I haven't been able to finish a small kebab yet...
  7. Take time out to pop in for a kebab wrap. It's only £3.50, and the dogs cahonas. Nom nom nom nom nom
  8. I had one in Oxford once that had me shitting a foul smelling liquid for the best part of 2 days, I should have known really the 'takeaway' was closely akin to Rab C Nesbitts front room.

Theres a cheeky little kebab house just off Blackfriars Street in Salford, mixed kebab comes with lamb, shammi, doner meat and **** off great lumps of chicked in a proper pitta, £5.50.
  9. Don't know about Kebabs but a hot shot chicken parmo in Teesside is spot on, perfect post booze scran!
  10. Let me stop you there.

You could always start your own "Best hot shot chicken parmo" thread?
  11. Aye true, the two are quite closely linked mind!
    Back on subject, had a doner kebab from Speedy Peppers in Brid on Saturday night which was spot on, the g/f didnt appreciate being woken up at 4am by what she described as "a really shit version of the milk tray man" though.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I lol'ed - Mainly because I've had a similar experience.

"No, you bought me a kebab - well half of one, the other half you probably sicked up on the way home and didnt want to eat the rest, am I right?"

• Like Like x 2