The Best Infantry Regiment?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by CommanderLuke, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, guys. So i want to join the army (can't wait) but i don't know which regiment is the "best". I heard the paras are good, my grandad was in it.

Are they?
  2. Serious answer: The best regiment to you will be the one you serve in

Real answer: Your a plank, grow some pubes.
  3. You're a plank, learn to spell
  4. Is this a serious query, or just an attempt to get a bite from everyone else?

Look at everyone; look at the role (if you hate heights, don't be a para, if you hate jumping out of a perfectly serviceable boat fifty metres away from the shore on an amphibious landing don't be a marine), look at the history, go along and meet the people. Don't listen to grandad's war stories from 1945; entertaining as they may be they have little relevance for your future. Look at where they're based; if your family lives in Barnsley and you can't understand Scottish accents then don't enlist in the Royal Regiment of Scotland; think about the Yorkshire Reg instead.

There is no "best" inf regiment. Do your research.

(edited to add, you're a plank :) )
  5. Touché...
  6. The best is the one you serve in

....................the rifles "oops did I say something"
  7. Every Tom Mick Taff or Jock will say theirs is the best, the tigers will preen themselves and say we are the toughest roughest. The Guards will modestly mention they are the Queens train set and the Rifles will start strumming over the hill while looking like Sean Bean wit a ETH in both hands.
  8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Disco quite rightly locked this but here's some advice all the same. I've read through some of your previous posts and you need to go away and stop posting tripe on numerous threads. You're not adding anything of value and you seem to be hell bent on asking the same questions over and over again as well as offering unqualified advice.

Pack it in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.