the best foreign town you have been to ?

post here which town you think its the best you have ever been to and why bers, pubs, local talent etc

Hong Kong - everything the single man could want. And casual sex is cheaper than a bigmac :D

Has to Tallinn, capital city of Estonia. Beautiful, friendly, good beer and very beautiful women. Snows in winter with summer average of 30 degrees.

Great place I can't promote this place enough.

Aye berlin. Summit house on a friday night........Ku Damm...stagging on, hess style.

Thun (Switzerland) - beautiful scenery, great mountains nearby & a World-standard rifle & pistol range (1973 World Champs were held there, IIRC).

For sex & drugs it would have to be Amsterdam, but I hate the place.

Edmonton, Canada Rocking place {Borbon St in the mall} The Elephant and castle, Plus all the clubs and loads of women who love your accent.

Anywhere in Cyprus second.

johnojohnson said:
Has to Tallinn, capital city of Estonia. Beautiful, friendly, good beer and very beautiful women. Snows in winter with summer average of 30 degrees.

Great place I can't promote this place enough.
... and you can buy a 0.5L bottle of 80% proof vodka for around a fiver :twisted:

Reykjavik, Iceland.

Went there for a stag night years ago. Nice place, cracking birds - who aren't backwards in being forwards - all about 6ft with cracking figures, and more women than men, all in all, really friendly people who love the Brits (especially Jocks in Kilts :wink:).

Only place I've ever been with a nightlub that gives preferential entry to blokes over birds!!!!!!

Only setback is it is VERY expensive. Talking up to £10 for a pint in some places.

Biscuits_AB said:
Berlin......when the wall was up.
You're not wrong. I took the wife back for a week a few years ago just to see the changes and it was actually a bit of a downer. Won't go into it, but the 'Berliner' humour seemed to have gone with the wall, leaving a big dirty city. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places....

Whiskybreath said:
.....aaaah, Mon Cherie..... You didn't come out of that water any cleaner.....
...or the Puff Puff, or Moore's Irish Pub, with the local wannabe Provos, the Ty Breizh, disgraceful misbehaviour on UK-standard motorbikes (not limited to 100 bhp), panic when the Poles went to martial law, the Allied Forces Day riots, Rocking Horse, FRIS, jumpers for goalposts... I go to Berlin quite a lot on business now and the place has definitely plummeted down the scale since the Wall disappeared. The locals agree as well.

Vancouver. Lots of cool bars, good cafes, friendly people, water sports (not the Berlin version) hill walking and the totty put out for a Brit.

Berlin,
got to be a winner,
Tac-h at the end of Thareuer alle/dickens weg,
free tickets to the Herta games,
the Ku Damm,
the irish bar in the europa centre,

spent a top 3 years there on the hill.

stanie-dn8 said:
Berlin,
got to be a winner,
Tac-h at the end of Thareuer alle/dickens weg,
free tickets to the Herta games,
the Ku Damm,
the irish bar in the europa centre,

spent a top 3 years there on the hill.
Oh? I was at 16a and 12a Tharauer 80-82 and on the Hill as well...

gizmodnd said:
Edmonton, Canada Rocking place {Borbon St in the mall} , Plus all the clubs and loads of women who love your accent.
Hell yeah!

got asked with some others to judge a beer company's beauty competition final there!!

'hey youre British Squaddies?! Yo thass cool! Wanna judge some tits n ass?'

it was rather ...'Awesome'

Also the only place ive ever seen submarines in a shopping centre. Mad as a fish with mudflaps!