• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The best curry house on the world?

Where is the best curry house on the world? Why?

Can't really recommend any Aussie places as they all seem a bit nondescript but thinking of buying a round the world ticket with a couple of mates for my next holiday and going on an Arrse recommended curry hunt.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

G

goatrutar

Where is the best curry house on the world? Why?

Can't really recommend any Aussie places as they all seem a bit nondescript but thinking of buying a round the world ticket with a couple of mates for my next holiday and going on an Arrse recommended curry hunt.

You can't think of any here? You can't have looked very fucking hard.
1. Cafe Bay Leaf, Sandgate rd Albion
2. Spice Avenue Balti, Rickert rd Birkdale
3. Punjab Palace, Melbourne st South Brisbane

They're my top 3 in Brisbane at the moment.

You can't think of any here? You can't have looked very fucking hard.
1. Cafe Bay Leaf, Sandgate rd Albion
2. Spice Avenue Balti, Rickert rd Birkdale
3. Punjab Palace, Melbourne st South Brisbane

They're my top 3 in Brisbane at the moment.

Thanks for the tip mate, am only in Brisy alternate weekends at the moment and not that familiar with the place.

Lot of great food in Oz, but yet to find a really great curry place.

British India in Adelaide is probably the best one I've found do far.

The Misbah Tandoori, Monnow Street, Monmouth - Best in Wales and I'd put it up against anywhere. Not the largest portions so if you want glutony go elsewhere but every mouthful is exquisite....

G

goatrutar

Thanks for the tip mate, am only in Brisy alternate weekends at the moment and not that familiar with the place.

Lot of great food in Oz, but yet to find a really great curry place.

British India in Adelaide is probably the best one I've found do far.

Spice Avenue in Birkdale has poms coming from the Gold and Sunshine coasts to eat there. The lamb biriyani was orgasmic. The other two places are popular with the local Guptas.

No worries, will try them, the Mrs agrees about the South Brisy one.

I'm more of a beef vindaloo man myself, there used to be a brilliant Punjabi place in Queanbeyan nr Canberra, but I think it's closed.

Kamares Restaurant, Kyrenia, N. Cyprus, I had some of the best curries ever over the last 14 months.

Hari's Sun Restaurant near the Comoro Bridge, Dili, East Timor, prior to the one previously mentioned, this has some great curries and naan breads although Hari himself is a little 'enthusiastic' when it comes to encouraging the female staff to hurry up.

Royal Balti house,
Vere street
Barry.
South Wales (the actual one not the new one down under)

They pass them selves off as Indian, but they aren't they're Pakistanis, only they don't say this because they think folk won't go in, even though it's impossible to miss the enormous beards, man dresses, and Nissan bluebird outside.

They do a fucking sweet Chicken Jalfreizi though wherever they're from. Garlic and coriander na'an is pretty good too.

I've never had the shits from there, and on that basis, it's the best place on earth.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Is it fuck, you Godless heathen. You probably like curry so hot that you haven't a clue what it actually tastes like.

Pig.

I am cooking one right now actually.

Barbequed chicken breast - skin on.
Onions, mushrooms and spinach
Chilli powder, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander, garam masala and ground caramoms
Two tins of copped tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, tomato puree and a cup of chicken stock.

You can't fucking bend it. Leave it for a day and serve.

Then you'll never say curry's curry, innit again.

Latest Threads