The Best Christmas Dinner?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gundulph, Dec 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, we've had some fantastic recipes over the past year from several members. Add your Favourite Christmas Meal recipes and Top Tips here. I have the Jamie Oliver Christmas Prep DVD complete with Crib Cards that I have used and followed for the past 3 or so years, most of the prep is carried out on Christmas Eve.

So, Add your Top Tips or your own Special Christmas Dinner Schedule below this post:

:)

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I am not sure whether I want to do this or not - but here is the list and plan on how to have a stress-free, yet tasty Xmas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recipes available on request

3. Bloody hell I'm full from just reading it. Fair goes though!

4. I had a stroke of good fortune. Called in at Aldi to find two microwave christmas dinners in the freezer so I bought both. That's this year and next year taken care of, how lucky was that.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Feckin 'ell!I wonder if Mysteron has a warning order to go with that!?

6. This post is absolute comedic brilliance right across the humour spectrum.

7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

8. I'll go for Rod Liddle's recipe in the Spectator, which has the benefits of being seasonal, topical and includes instruction to "shove a kebab skewer or wooden skewer through the arsehole" in the marinading section.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Drinks tip...

Get your lemons & limes & cut them into inchish chunks & put one into each ice cube block & freeze.I also add a dash of ginger cordial to the water & lemon chunk before freezing for the whisky.

10. I had a small contribution with maybe a little humour, but I bow down to this one!

I am in the presence of a master!

(Retires laughing to garden as choking sets in !!!)

11. Putting that shoite into even the shitest of whisky is just plain wrong. :)

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Not if you dont like the c*nt!

13. Ok fair one.Shame to see it wasted. :D

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Give em cheap rotgut from Lidls,keep the Bells Sherry Cask for moi! :twisted:

15. I'm doing beef wellington (I'll post the recipe up later, but if you're really interested it's one of Ramsey's)... it involves a mushroom puree and parma ham wrap, and a good brushing of mustard. Serving that with roasties, pigs in blankets, carrot batons and mange tout baked in butter and nutmeg, and a port and stilton gravy. That's the lot, no starter or anything... I don't want to be in the kitchen all day, 2 hours is plenty. Stilton, Cheddar, Yarg and Camembert are for afters, with biscuits. (No cooking you see).

Edited to add: Mysteron is a ******* nutter! Talk about obsessive compulsive.
    But good on you mate.... I'm only doing a big paella tomorrow night and that will do me for a few days lunches refried with pittas. Boxing day is cold meats with pickles and leftover wellington. I ain't cooking.