The best chocolate in the world......an Easter thread.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
The local manufacturer is called "Whittakers". They sometimes use Nigella Lawson in their ads.... which is most pleasant for those gentleman of a certain age.....
There was a Whittakers confectioners in Skipton, no idea if it's still there nestled between the charity shops and the market stall holders from Bradford....;

Never was one for chocolate but my Mum loved the chocolate truffles from there.

Well now Mr. Fancy pants...I haven’t even heard of some of these places...
Will have to ask the Mil if she has been to the place in Asheville.
I’ll have you know that I’m a proud graduate of the Fort Bragg Finishing School for Young Men and Women. I’m right posh.

I’ll have you know that I’m a proud graduate of the Fort Bragg Finishing School for Young Men and Women. I’m right posh.
I saw ya at The Flaming Mug. Doing a little post grad work, hey? :? :p

Well said, it is indeed a matter of taste.

The crap that is a Hershey bar, lacking in colour and even more lacking in flavour is for those lacking in taste.
Don’t hate us poor folks who learn to make do without the luxuries in life you wealthy enjoy. A bit of deprivation is good for the soul. I remember the days when a pack of M&M’s would fetch $20.00 cash.

endure

GCM
Little known fact, I used to grow hazelnuts on a mass scale and they were sold on to Ferrero Rocher, so your wives or girlfrinds may of munched my nuts.
That's not very diverse...

endure

GCM
I bet you even have suits and ties in your wardrobe...
I have a suit in my wardrobe. The last time I wore it was 20 years ago. the next time I expect to wear it is...

coffin.jpg

A bar of Duncans raisin and biscuit, at 3AM, in a cold rainy trench, while short of sleep.
We had M & M candies in WW II, developed especially for packing in ration packs. At least the M & Ms didn't break one's false teeth trying to eat it. Useful for luring birds too, bored G.I.s stationed in England who were waiting for Operation Overlord to kick off assured me. :D :twisted::mrgreen:

E2A Filipinas and dusky native lovelies in the Panama City off limits clubs are pretty grateful to get them too.

WW II M & M Candies.JPG

Last edited:

endure

GCM
Why bother, just throw me into a fire pit in my shorts and sandals. I won’t wear one in life and I will be damned if I have to wear one to be roasted.
I was thinking about insisting that I be cremated naked but I'm not sure I could carry the guilt of all the mental health crises it would cause as people glimpsed my exceptionally large accoutrements as they burst into flames...

I bet you even have suits and ties in your wardrobe...
I thinned out my wardrobe when I retired last year. I kept two suits for weddings and funerals.

I saw ya at The Flaming Mug. Doing a little post grad work, hey? :? :p
How in the hell did we manage do to what we did? Nowadays I get grumpy if I’m up past ten.=-\\\\

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

I enjoyed the hospitality of Bragg in 2002, before everything got all bent out of shape.....we got the establishment tour with an eight foot Airborne name of Brigadier R***r.

Interesting place, gradually getting rebuilt with accommodation where two people shared facilities rather than 20 man rooms. This was part of the information gathering for our own SLAM project.

On the way back to Charlotte, our driver pulled in for a coffee stop at a Krispy Kreme Donut stop where you could watch the assembly line.......the annual sugar output of a small Caribbean country passed before us.....

@Dumbas - Thanks for the reminder re Whittaker's from NZ. This stuff IIRC:

1617492774099.png

Not half bad as I remember; been a while.

The bitter aftertaste to Cadbury's closing

In mid-2009 the company faced controversy over its replacement of cocoa butter with palm oil.

Consumers objected to the taste, while environmentalists were angered by palm oil's role in the destruction of tropical rainforests.

By August the company announced it was reverting to the use of cocoa butter, although palm oil is still listed as an ingredient in some of Cadbury's fillings.

In 2007 Cadbury announced it was closing its Auckland factory, affecting around 200 jobs.

Cost-cutting also resulted in the company downsizing many of its products over the years, most recently in 2015 when it cited manufacturing when trimming block sizes.

Now the planned closure of the Dunedin factory next year marks the end of a 90-year manufacturing presence in New Zealand

Seems like Mondelez are set on crushing their once leading global competitor by destroying the brand......good long-term strategy..

Last edited:
WHAT!........... should have gone to spec savers........., Guv!
You're right, there is absolutely no resemblance at all:

bunny.jpg

Rabbits are well known for their distinctive orange and brown spots.