The best ceremonial uniform ever - Thailand

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jockass, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's no wonder that the pink asian bamboo bear has died out!

2. 2 Bn The LadyBoy Guards...

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

At least they are a Nation of Royalists and Patriots - good for them, and Long Life to King Bhumibol :)

4. I wonder if when they go into battle they swap the pink bearskin for a purple helmet?

5. Obviously they misunderstood when the RSM told them to "Watch your dressing!"

6. Colour co-ordinated squads.

Pretty :)

7. I might be able to explain this one - apparently the normally conservative Thai king has been told that wearing bright colours is good for his health. When he came out of hospital recently, he was wearing a bright pink suit. There was then a massive run on pink polo shirts as patriotic Thais bought into their king's new fashion statement. The king's guard may have had their new uniforms specially commissioned recently in order to fit in with the king's new dress code :D

See here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7120561.stm

8. Its interesting that they guard their head of state without magazines fitted

9. Does that include the bright blue and yellow uniforms too?

10. In that case can we send His Highness

Lawrence Llewelen Bowen
    Trinny and Susanah
    and all the other TV make over fcukwits

I hope he has a long and peaceful life.

11. Quite possibly - the article says 'bright colours' in general but due to him wearing a pink suit it seems that everyone wanted pink too :D

12. Could they look any more like human butt-plugs?

13. These guys are wearing historical uniforms. I reckon we should do some of that.

Hang on - we already have our own version.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Household_Cavalry.jpg/541px-Household_Cavalry.jpg

Just a silly in its own way really .

Whose coat is that jacket? Oh mine and the taxi is already here you say?