The Beefeater.............

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by top_soldier, Jan 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not to mention already done, but you posted on the original thread t_s, meds wearing off?

2. Okay fair one - I'm not bright enough to add a link!!!!

The point was more about the cap badge of the said Yeoman

Very sorry and now getting in to the taxi...............

3. Not wanting to intrude, but I'm guessing said Beefeater is perhaps a former member of RAMC hence the re-posting here?

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Fine bloke, spent my career at about three units with the mad man!

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Had the honour about 7 years ago to listen to Mr C's very first tour as he learnt the script- it is worth waiting for his tour as it probably the best I have heard in the Tower. His historical knowledge is huge and his comedy timing is almost proffessional!

6. I know this chap, had the pleasure of meeting him when he was the SSM in Lichfield when AMS recruits were still trained there. He is very funny and very knowledgeable. Many RAMC go to visit the Tower, but only to listen to his tour as he is a real character, much of what he does is unrehearsed and he has a natural gift for entertaining.

7. What a star!

Is he an ARRSER?

Must visit The Tower! :)

8. Just out of idle interest... I'd really not call a Yeoman Warder "Beefeater". It's from a French insult for the English and they don't like it.....

9. Good craic there. Well said that man!

10. Had the honour to serve with Barking B*** at 22 FD Hosp where he was utilized by the Trg Wing at every opportunity, he makes the most boring lecture a complete laugh however he gets the info across and into your head like no one I know, top fella!!

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

No.

And happy birthday Stan!

12. Cheers Venty lad.

13. He looks very familiar but I can't quite place him at this point. Will go down there when in Blighty next.