The Beautiful Game.

TamH70

MIA
I had TalkSport on this morning in the car and the person reading the Sports News excitedly announced that Arsenal are now top of the Premier League, after beating Crystal Palace 2-0. Yes, technically true, but ONLY ONE FECKING GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED. Can we please have some sort of sense of perspective?

The same sort of noises are being made up here because Celtic are top of the league courtesy of them being able to beat Aberdeen 2-nil and hence leading on goal difference.

I agree with you, it's bloody ridiculous.

I had TalkSport on this morning in the car and the person reading the Sports News excitedly announced that Arsenal are now top of the Premier League, after beating Crystal Palace 2-0. Yes, technically true, but ONLY ONE FECKING GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED. Can we please have some sort of sense of perspective?
It's Gooners, they've got to take it whilst they can before they lapse into 8th place again

Remember the old days, Sunday papers didn’t print a league table until about five games had been played. And Jimmy Hill presented MOD, much better all round.

We're at home to Bayer Leverkusen later. We'll still end the season as runners up to Bayern.

We won 1-0. Bayern on the other hand stuffed Eintracht Frankfurt 6 - 1.

Last edited:

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
apparantly the season starts today, according to bb chuffing c.

All those thousands of people must have been at imaginary games last weekend !!

Remember the old days, Sunday papers didn’t print a league table until about five games had been played. And Jimmy Hill presented MOD, much better all round.

I do remember that and they were right to do it that way. It doesn’t mean anything till a decent handful of games have been played.

apparantly the season starts today, according to bb chuffing c.

All those thousands of people must have been at imaginary games last weekend !!

Unfortunately it started last week, when Colchester United started their annual slide down the table from their artificial, alphabetically arranged, high point towards the relegation zone. Ah, the joys of supporting a crap team in the lower divisions!

Unfortunately it started last week, when Colchester United started their annual slide down the table from their artificial, alphabetically arranged, high point towards the relegation zone. Ah, the joys of supporting a crap team in the lower divisions!
Tranmere began as, I fear, they mean to go on too.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It would appear Derby are still not capable of getting a result away from home irrespective of division :)

It won’t, I’ve never disputed it. The fact that it’s illogical doesn’t make me a ‘daft Cnut’.
I bet the moon is not really blue and that everything Bryan Adams does isn't for his loved one, either.

It's a song, not a sports statistics fact.

Not recognising that is what makes you a 'daft Cnut'.

I support Aachen United so that 'my team' always begins the season on top.

Back in the day tables didn't used to be even published in the papers until a few games had been played.

Edit as Goutman already said.

It would appear Derby are still not capable of getting a result away from home irrespective of division :)
Oh we got a result all right, just not the one we wanted. Plus ca change

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Calm down, Spurs are top of the league now:wink:

Latest Threads