The Beautiful Game.

Wayne Rooney has just gone up in my estimation when I read this story on the BBC that he was approached by Everton, but turned them down, saying he had an important job to do at Derby.

Wayne Rooney has just gone up in my estimation when I read this story on the BBC that he was approached by Everton, but turned them down, saying he had an important job to do at Derby.

Or he knows who has the job already.

Everton is the only club that could be fairly described as more of a basket case of a club than Derby at the moment.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Everton is the only club that could be fairly described as more of a basket case of a club than Derby at the moment.

Didnt know they were in administration and unable to sign players, and having to sell players so they could carry on ?!! Blimey the press have kept that quiet

Obviously hard work being mid table medicority in the Prem these days

Basket case my arse

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Or he knows that saving Derby will be easier than saving the Toffees

They had an old v young game in training today - Max Bird(21) and Jason Knight(20) were in the 'old' team :)

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Almost impossible for him to do wrong at the moment. But he has done a great job so far, and i am sure he will be off as soon as the right prem job comes along.

In the meantime we look for him to complete miracles

Full house on sunday, just over 500 tickets left, not bad for a club in 'crisis'

Didnt know they were in administration and unable to sign players, and having to sell players so they could carry on ?!! Blimey the press have kept that quiet

Obviously hard work being mid table medicority in the Prem these days

Basket case my arse
They're absolutely pointless and the only thing that unites their fans is their hatred of the Redshite.

Derby have, at least had something happen to them in the last three decades. Derby's fans are united behind their team, Evertonians functionally hate theirs. They've just employed a manager because their chosen candidate actually had a negative amount of time as a honeymoon period and was binned because of some graffiti on a wall.

Derby are in trouble and fighting, as a team, manager and fanbase. Everton have employed Frank Lampard because he once had a go at Jurgen Klopp in a match he lost whilst managing the next European champions to mid table mediocrity.

They're a basket case. And unlike Derby have spent half a billion to get there.

All opinions innit.

Good game of football this afternoon Derby v Birmingham and 34,000+ at the match.
No VAR and Derby showed great spirit not to give up when 0-2 down.
Two great goals in the final minutes rescued a point for Derby and Rooney would have been proud of both of them, especially he second.
Rooney has these playing their hearts out and the fans can obviously see it.

Good game of football this afternoon Derby v Birmingham and 34,000+ at the match.
No VAR and Derby showed great spirit not to give up when 0-2 down.
Two great goals in the final minutes rescued a point for Derby and Rooney would have been proud of both of them, especially he second.
Rooney has these playing their hearts out and the fans can obviously see it.

I watched that game as.well, Gouty and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some handy players on both sides.
Also,.a.word for the Derby support, over 32,000 there today and even at 0 2 they supported their team. Having said that, did you hear that they are not big fans of the EFL management?
I really hope Rooney manages to keep them up. It would truly be the Great Escape.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I watched that game as.well, Gouty and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some handy players on both sides.
Also,.a.word for the Derby support, over 32,000 there today and even at 0 2 they supported their team. Having said that, did you hear that they are not big fans of the EFL management?
I really hope Rooney manages to keep them up. It would truly be the Great Escape.

I have had to sit in a dark/quiet room for a while - not sure my heart is up to the rest of the season. Sold out yesterday morning, march to the ground had 10,000 fans in it. I thought we were off it for large parts of the game and Brum seem to have us sussed, BUT !

A year to the day since Bielik was injured (for the 2nd time) - i am not sure you could make this stuff up.

Hoping to be at the Hull and Peterborough games

It is a stupid, ridiculous Beautiful game

Steve Bruce the new manager of West Brom. Will he take them up and see Newcastle go down? It’s a distinct possibility.

Steve Bruce the new manager of West Brom. Will he take them up and see Newcastle go down? It’s a distinct possibility.
I will not support WBA while he is there. He ruins every club he goes to.
Looking at supporting Burton Albion until he leaves my club or if Kiddy do well today I might be a glory hunter

I will not support WBA while he is there. He ruins every club he goes to.
Looking at supporting Burton Albion until he leaves my club or if Kiddy do well today I might be a glory hunter
Up The Rovers, let’s hope they burst The Mighty Hammers bubble.
I thought it was Kidderminster Rovers, oh well up The Harriers and it’s 1-0.:number1:

Last edited:
I don't care which colour shirt he wears.....Jeraine Deffoe is a class act on and off the pitch. He is th epitome of the word respect.

Jermaine Defoe certainly did a lot for that lad and it’s nice to see that he is still in touch with the family.
A heartwarming story with a sad ending.

Loving this Kiddy v West Ham match. A nice pitch reminiscent of a bygone age.
Shows how over paid these PL players are.

Loving this Kiddy v West Ham match. A nice pitch reminiscent of a bygone age.
Shows how over paid these PL players are.
Always been a kiddy fan, man and boy... Well since WBA appointed Bruce

Latest Threads