The Beautiful Game.

Daily Record reporting Gerrard is a front runner for his job

I thought he was gaining experience at Rangers until Klopp leaves A field when Gerrard will be a shoe in. I've seen this on a bookies site as well and it is rarely they get it wrong. Interesting.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A bloody close escape for fans in Holland as a stand almost collapses.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Just a thought, and no disrespect to Newcastle fans... but how funny would it be if they got relegated now the Saudis have bought them?

Sportswashing in the Championship. :D

Just a thought, and no disrespect to Newcastle fans... but how funny would it be if they got relegated now the Saudis have bought them?

I heard a great comparison of our current situation.

Man A (Ashley) has a car he uses to get from A to B. It's not a great car but it does. He flashes it up now and again to make it look better than it actually is.

He decides to sell after his friends say he should ditch it before it ends up costing him more money. He puts on new tyres and has a full valet done, just to make it look better.

A Saudi, with more money than sense, sees the bright, sparkling motor and asks his missus to do an inspection to see if it's worth the cash. She says Yes and the deal is done.

When the new owner gets in the car and sets off on his first journey. Brilliant, starts first time, makes a beautiful noise and the Saudi is very happy with his purchase.

However, a mile down the road, the car blows a head of steam, coughs, farts and dies. Saudi has to walk home.

At the garage the following day, the mechanic says he should never have bought the car. It looked great at first glance but underneath, there were a multitude of things wrong. Wrong parts in the wrong place, old and worn parts waiting to break down.

Can it be saved asks the Saudi? Only if you strip down to the bare bones and rebuild from the chassis up. Forget about bodging any repairs, this needs a major overhaul. In fact, a can of petrol and a match might be easier.

There, my friends, is the Parable of At James Park.

syrup

LE

It's a long way to January and a transfer window

Stevie G must be the only one left in the frame for the managers job now everyone else has backed off

I see 18 of the PL clubs have voted against allowing sponsorship within clubs by related concerns of their owners.

The two that voted against / abstained?

Newcastle and City. I wonder why........

Allan74

Old-Salt
Well, Bruce has gone from Newcastle, the club are deep in the relegation zone but has a bit of cash to spend on players a new manager needs for success in the relegation dogfight...

...the footballing world holds its breath in anticipation of who the new manager could be...

...which manager has the steel, the skill, the experience to save a club in Newcastle's position...

...I give you 'Big Sam' Allardyce.

Well, Bruce has gone from Newcastle, the club are deep in the relegation zone but has a bit of cash to spend on players a new manager needs for success in the relegation dogfight...

...the footballing world holds its breath in anticipation of who the new manager could be...

...which manager has the steel, the skill, the experience to save a club in Newcastle's position...

...I give you 'Big Sam' Allardyce.
Absolutely no chance, he's hated enmasse by the Geordie nashun.

Do you actually know why City voted against it?

I'll tell you, if you want to know?
City didn't vote against it. They abstained.

Probably because they don't want the rules to be enforced but couldn't quite bring themselves to act like the outgoing Newcastle CE who was told by PIF to shout all sorts of legal threats like a toddler in a shite filled nappy.

Owner to legal mouthpiece: "I'm not keen on this rule, I reckon it is illegal."
Legal Mouthpiece:

City didn't vote against it. They abstained.

Probably because they don't want the rules to be enforced but couldn't quite bring themselves to act like the outgoing Newcastle CE who was told by PIF to shout all sorts of legal threats like a toddler in a shite filled nappy.
I should've said 'didn't vote for it'

Owner to legal mouthpiece: "I'm not keen on this rule, I reckon it is illegal."
Legal Mouthpiece: "Totally agree boss."
The "Legal Mouthpiece" who advised City to go to the Court of Arbitration For Sport and get the FFP ruling overturned? That Legal Mouthpiece?

Latest Threads