Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Beautiful Game.

syrup

LE
Hmmmm. A year ago it would have been easier but I think Southampton are a different proposition this year (as are Arsenal). End of the short goner run but tight I say 1 - zip to The Saints

Arsenal's form seems to depend on whether Kieran Tierney plays or not.
The kid was a steal for £25 million (in football terms)

And I should have said not to take my word on any bets. I watch and love football but I couldn’t claim to be any rock of knowledge.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I want to place a wager....

Hee...I just lost $10M Torn Dollah on Arsenal - happy with the result tho :-D

Hammers get Man U or Liverpool......hee hee, either will be 'interesting' for Hammers fans....

Last edited:
Fireworks at the Cheltenham Town v Manchester City game, why?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And I should have said not to take my word on any bets. I watch and love football but I couldn’t claim to be any rock of knowledge.
I’ll have fifty quid on it if I were you, and I reckon it will be an Arsenal own goal. :slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

syrup

LE
Frank Lampard sacked!
The rent boys have lost faith with their blue eyed
boy.

Slightly off topic but

Did anyone else try to watch the Chelsea game yesterday and was put of by he woman / 12 year old boy's cliché packed co commentary.
Sorry but some things ned to be left alone

Slightly off topic but

Did anyone else try to watch the Chelsea game yesterday and was put of by he woman / 12 year old boy's cliché packed co commentary.
The box ticking has knackered it for me too. I’ve tried, but I really can’t take to it. Radio Commentary is just as bad - I never though I’d say this, but bring back Alan Green!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Slightly off topic but

I did and I agree but when I commented on it yesterday it led to a slight disagreement with a fellow utd supporter which quickly escalated. I think it’s on the Liverpool football thread.
Honestly it was fecking atrocious. The commentary and the disagreement :slow:

no f in beer

War Hero
I find turning the sound off works best. Watch/watched loads of footy, not heard any in ages. I can see what is happening, so dont have the need for some one wittering on

Slightly off topic but

Yes just after I got over 'taking the knee'

no f in beer

War Hero
Newcastle ?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Where does he go to now. Derby can't afford him back and Benitez is now a shoe in for Celtic.
Perhaps these managers should do what the old school managers did, ie learn their trade in the lower leagues and do a good job, then get head hunted by the bigger clubs.
Lampard only spent a season or two at Derby and didn’t get Derby promoted so really was hardly qualified for such a high profile job.

Not too long ago and Chelsea were up there. A bad run and the manager is out. I guess it’s the way football is these days but it seems like a shame and no time given to mould a team anymore. Big Frank will be back soon and the merry go round continues.

Not too long ago and Chelsea were up there. A bad run and the manager is out. I guess it’s the way football is these days but it seems like a shame and no time given to mould a team anymore. Big Frank will be back soon and the merry go round continues.
Talk of sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjær a few weeks ago, I wonder how he is doing

If Scottish football was of any interest this side of the border, which it‘s really not, I suppose the prospect of Gerrard at Rangers and Lampard at Celtic would at least fuel that interest. But because they are both well-liked young English managers, who are contemporaries of each other, and who might go on to do good things in English football, rather than for the fact that they would be managing rival Scottish clubs. If they managed, say, Derby and Nottingham Forest it would be the same.

Celtic for Lampard. I wouldn’t imagine Celtic could afford the wages Benitez is supposed to be on.
You know Chelsea wear blue because of Rangers?

Latest Threads