The Beautiful Game.

hope salah recovers for the world cup. can't see Egypt doing much without him and is rather see the in-form players playing in the tournament

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

a lot of people are complaining about the Ramos 'challenge' on salah. personally, I didn't see anything wrong with it, it was a coming together and salah came of worse. as good as salah has been this season, he does use his streght and arms to get that extra yard - ramos didn't let him do that though.

I still think Ramos is one of the most dirty c***s in the game. wasn't shown on BT, but he struck karius in the face after a cross. not a walk up and hit him way, but a coming together in the box. straight red, but completely missed by officials

I was in Corfu around this time near the start of the decade. tge place was dead then

Believe it or not that's precisely why we chose it. We're well into our sixties now and our club 18 - 30 days are but a distant memory. We just wanted some peace and quiet for a couple of weeks so it's ideal.
You're quite right though, Arillas is stuck in a timewarp from the 70's and a lot of the locals seem to be ageing British bohemians and hipsters who never got around to leaving after their last tab of acid.

We love it.:blowkiss:

If Spain top their group and Egypt finish second (or vice-versa) then they face each other in the Second Round at the World Cup.

Can't wait to see Ramos take a couple of career enders...
as I posted earlier, I really don't think Ramos did anything wrong to salah.

the strike on karius was disgusting however

I disagree but either way, do you reckon that's going to matter to the rest of the Egyptian squad?

Someone will go through him studs up and chest height in the first thirty seconds, whether he has the ball or not.

It'll be like being on the screws team in Mean Machine.

I disagree but either way, do you reckon that's going to matter to the rest of the Egyptian squad?

Someone will go through him studs up and chest height in the first thirty seconds, whether he has the ball or not.

It'll be like being on the screws team in Mean Machine.
is be quite happy to see Spain get knocked out. they have a piss easy group

Watching that European Cup Final was painful. I'm surprised Klopp didn't hook Karius off after his first howler, but that second one was atrocious. Liverpool's outfield players weren't all that bad, they were just let down by an idiot masquerading as a highly paid goalkeeper.

Watching that European Cup Final was painful. I'm surprised Klopp didn't hook Karius off after his first howler, but that second one was atrocious. Liverpool's outfield players weren't all that bad, they were just let down by an idiot masquerading as a highly paid goalkeeper.
Our sub goalie was Mignolet. There's a reason we're being linked with paying £80m for Allison from Roma.

To be fair to Karius (and now I've calmed down), he's actually been pretty good this season since he took over as first choice. Not perfect and nowhere near the De Gea/Neuer class but one of the better goalies in the Premier League. He just has a silly mistake in him.

Taking an elbow to the head from Ramos a couple of minutes before their first probably didn't help matters either.

Liverpool did well defending deep during the game, but bar an initial 15 mins and then another 10mins after the mane goal, they were pinned back and did little other than hopeful long balls

Real were by far the better team and would have won that comfortably, karius or not.

no shame on Liverpool as Real were on a different level

Our sub goalie was Mignolet. There's a reason we're being linked with paying £80m for Allison from Roma.

To be fair to Karius (and now I've calmed down), he's actually been pretty good this season since he took over as first choice. Not perfect and nowhere near the De Gea/Neuer class but one of the better goalies in the Premier League. He just has a silly mistake in him.

Taking an elbow to the head from Ramos a couple of minutes before their first probably didn't help matters either.
karius is nowhere near prem quality. klopp made a huge miscalculation in keeping both karius and migs

the warning signs were there against Roma when karius quasi-punched that long ranger. he is good at distribution (bar the odd goal kick) and has good sweeping ability, but his technical skill is suspect. he seems to have poor positioning, has a tendency to parry into the danger zone and I'm not convinced by his approach to crosses.

not bad for relegation fodder teams in the prem, but not for a team with aspirations for silverware - he was a bargain basement price tag and is bargain basement quality

Last edited:

As Neuer mentioned....
The former Germany No.1 has backed his compatriot after a Champions League final to forget, suggesting he was the victim of foul play

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius may have been affected by a collision with Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos before making two errors during Saturday’s Champions League final, Oliver Kahn has argued.
The former Bayern Munich and Germany No.1 has suggested that Ramos elbowed Karius early in the second half, which may have had an impact on his compatriot's concentration later in the game.

As Neuer mentioned....
The former Germany No.1 has backed his compatriot after a Champions League final to forget, suggesting he was the victim of foul play

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius may have been affected by a collision with Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos before making two errors during Saturday’s Champions League final, Oliver Kahn has argued.
The former Bayern Munich and Germany No.1 has suggested that Ramos elbowed Karius early in the second half, which may have had an impact on his compatriot's concentration later in the game.
that is getting a bit tinfoil hats. if karius didn't have form for high blooper errors then there may be some legs in it

a feel sorry for the lad as this will follow him round like s bad stink. best thing Liverpool could do is selling him back to the continent for a fresh start.

The revisionism in the media of Saturdays defeat is laughable. Ramos is being turned into the pantomime devil, as an excuse for Liverppols loss, particularly in the press and unsurprisingly across the scouse footy boards, who are lapping it all up. The challenge on Salah wasn't bad, which explains why there was no serious damage. He fell awkwardly after the tackle, nothing more. The Karius fcuk ups were simply that, fcuk ups! Yet they are now being excused as another act of thuggery by Ramos, to deprive Liverpool of their right to win? The reality is that only one side deserved to win and it wasn't Liverpool. Unlucky and all that, but the scousers were well beaten!

karius is nowhere near prem quality.
This being the keeper whose team finished in 4th place in the Premier League, and reached the Champions League Final.

You don't half say some silly things.

He had a shit night, and we have wanted a keeper upgrade for at least 2 years. But to claim the lad isn't even Prem quality is just partisan bullshit.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

karius is nowhere near prem quality.
This being the keeper whose team finished in 4th place in the Premier League, and reached the Champions League Final.

You don't half say some silly things.

He had a shit night, and we have wanted a keeper upgrade for at least 2 years. But to claim the lad isn't even Prem quality is just partisan bullshit.

your entitled to your opinion, but the lad has had an error prone career at liverpool. of the 17 prem clubs (don't know enough about the promtees) - I'd put karius in joint worst with hennesy and hart.

your entitled to your opinion, but the lad has had an error prone career at liverpool. of the 17 prem clubs (don't know enough about the promtees) - I'd put karius in joint worst with hennesy and hart.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This season, can you point at any particular performance that you think was poor? Any points he dropped for us?

The stats don't back you up whatsoever

No-one's saying he's world class, he's also no-where near as bad as you're making out.

He's kept 10 clean sheets in 19 Premier League games this season, 6 in 16 European matches...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Monty417 Miscellaneous Jokes 0