The Beautiful Game.

Personally I reckon Butland's massively over rated. I keep seeing Liverpool being linked with him and I'm praying it's not true because I don't see how he's even as good as Karius. We've already signed one goalie who looked good at a relegation threatened side (Mignolet) and he was crap too.

No way he'll play a minute of Championship football though. Nor will Shaqiri. Both will be well gone before August. I just hope it's not to Anfield...

With an established prem team like stoke getting relegation and in fairly unforseen circumstances, they a large number of good and highly paid players up for grabs.

I imagine a few will be heading for the exit and here is my view on the best picks.

Jack butland - cracking keeper with a lot to all season. As England no 1/2, I can't see him staying. He's be an improvement over half the prem keepers and could potential be snapped up by a foreign club (real and juve could get a relatively cheap replacement)

Shaqiri - quality player who is finally getting some consistency. Mentality has always been an issue, but I think he has matured. Barring city and Liverpool, he'd walk into the attacking line up of any prem team

Allen - undersung player who puts the effort in when most of his team mates wern't. Asset to moat prem sides, but he would do wonders at somewhere like Leicester, everton or even arsenal, where I think the defensive midfielders are a bit lightweight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Butland scathing over Stoke City transfer deals. ( Most done under Hughes ) also Charlie Adams saying players getting away with murder.
Jack Butland: Stoke City keeper blames 'farcical' signings for relegation

Butland is shocking, Shaqiri is allegedly close to uncoachable he's that thick and Joe Allen was moved on from a frankly poor LFC side.

Butland is shocking, Shaqiri is allegedly close to uncoachable he's that thick and Joe Allen was moved on from a frankly poor LFC side.
I'd take butland any day over karius, far better player in every department and far less prone to calamities.

On Allen, I still think it was a mistake for Liverpool to sell him. Over the course of a season, I don't see a difference between him and your other three centre mids (Milner, Henderson, wjnaldum). Can is a better player though

Shaqiri certainly has had his issues and has that disease of a talented player lacking the right mentality. As I said, I think he has matured at stoke and is different from his Munich days. Yes there will still be some issues but I don't think they are as challenging as a ravel Morrison, berahino or ballotelli

Charlie Adams saying players getting away with murder
He's got a cheek considering he's probably the second unfittest player I've ever seen darken a Liverpool shirt (Joe Cole was the worst) and he looks like he's put on a good couple of stone since then.
Julian dicks?

Julian dicks?

Neil Ruddock too, to be fair. Charlie still isn't in a position to be slagging any other footballer off though, the fat prick.

You're wrong about Butland, by the by. Nowhere near as good as Karius. He's a midtable goalie at best.
Thoma brohlin and Andy Reid were two other players that I remember as being out of shape. No excuse for professional footballers (unless recovering from a long lay-off).

We will have to agree to disagree on butland and karius.

On the subject of keepers, it will be interesting to see what Burnley do next season when Heaton returns from injury. Last season, Heaton would be my first pick for England and based on current form, Pope has a string case to be a starter at the World Cup. Assuming Heaton fully recovers, it would be a crime for either to be a bench warmer at Burnley

Allen was crap at Liverpool. I remember walking into the LFC shop in Williamson square to get a present for junior. There were signed photos on sale -- all sold out except for Allen and Balotelli -- both having a plentiful supply left.

To be fair Allen has at least turned it up a bit at Stoke, but I'll take Milner or Wijnaldum any day. I'm a bit ambigous about Henderson though. Too many backward and sideways passes for my taste.

Thoma brohlin and Andy Reid were two other players that I remember as being out of shape. No excuse for professional footballers (unless recovering from a long lay-off).

On the subject of keepers, it will be interesting to see what Burnley do next season when Heaton returns from injury. Last season, Heaton would be my first pick for England and based on current form, Pope has a string case to be a starter at the World Cup. Assuming Heaton fully recovers, it would be a crime for either to be a bench warmer at Burnley

There's an argument for taking the Burnley back 5 unit to the WC and let them play as a unit.

OK, seeing as how you asked so nicely...
Dundee had a great season, once , in Germany. Scored a load of goals.
Next thing, he thinks he is jack-the-lad.
Because he is a saffer, he gets called up to SA team. This is just before WC 1998, so he thinks that he has it made.
Arrives, and gives it large, annoying everyone - players, management, coaches etc
Next thing, rumours start that the Hun want to put him into their WC side. Oh dear - he is now in Safferland, and at THEIR camp. Cue an 'injury'. None of the staff could find anything wrong, yet he is still 'injured'.
Heads back to hunland, and isn't called!
Later, Germany called him up for a few B internationals, but he did nothing. BUT being crafty sods, they also put him on the bench for a proper international. Hence 'declaring' him!
He can no longer play for any other nation!
Oh, how we laughed!

There's an argument for taking the Burnley back 5 unit to the WC and let them play as a unit.
It certainly seems to work, while individually, the defenders seem to struggle. Keane has been poor for Everton all season, while tarkowski looked shakey against Italy.

I hope Southgate is giving serious thought to taking jack cork. A competent player who will do the unsung dirty work in midfield. I'd prefer him to the likes of Livermore or Henderson

On Allen, I still think it was a mistake for Liverpool to sell him. Over the course of a season, I don't see a difference between him and your other three centre mids (Milner, Henderson, wjnaldum). Can is a better player though
Tibs, I seem to recall a Premiership manager calling Allen the Welsh Xavi!! Buggered if I can remember who it was...does the Welsh Xavi ring any bells with you?

Tibs, I seem to recall a Premiership manager calling Allen the Welsh Xavi!! Buggered if I can remember who it was...does the Welsh Xavi ring any bells with you?
First I've heard of that term.

I rate Allen, but that is a huge leap to be compared to xavi!

First I've heard of that term.

I rate Allen, but that is a huge leap to be compared to xavi!

Got it! I`ll not say any more.......and I concur with your thought!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../allen-welsh-xavi-nickname-liverpool-11446600
Do you think any magpies have a chance of making the England world cup squad?

Centre Mid is a big weakness at the moment, particularly for a creative player. Assuming wilshire is fit, I'd want to take jon-jo shelvy as his back up option.

Under a 343 formation (the 4 including the wing backs), we'd probably go for a defensive midfielder alongside a central/ deeper lying playmaker. Wilshire is perfect for that latter role and genuinely can't think of anyone other than shelvy who could play that role at the moment*. There is potentially loftus-cheek and Tom Davies, but they have had limited gametime for their clubs this year.

*llanana is injured

Haha Christ on a bike. Each and every one of those named are bang average. Absolutely ordinary at best. Decent club players that will be found out at international level. Wilshere is shocking!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Monty417 Miscellaneous Jokes 0