The Beautiful Game.

I see that Stevie Gerrard is being heavily linked to the Rangers job.

Big ask given his lack of knowledge and contacts in the Scottish game, but fair play if he gets it. That is going to be a difficult job to catch Celtic

I must make an observation though, not much criticism on arrse regarding his lack of experience (compared to the recent Neville and giggs national appointments). Methinks tribal loyalty and the green eyed monster are factors

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Your posting history suggests you would think that, however, not everyone thinks like you ^~

He hasn't got the job yet so there wasn’t much point in commenting.

But now that you have raised the subject, I think it is @ bad move for him and the club.

For the club, he has not been tested at any real level and is a total unknown/unproven entity.

For him, Rangers are way behind Celtic and are skint, he could completely trash his reputation, this early in his embryonic career.

Pick the ‘green eyed monster’ out of that :)
Shame that only you and your fellows commented after my prompt and several days after the news broke on the weekend

Gerrard, if he gets the job, should tap up Bukac, after his fallout with Klopp. Seems he is the real brains behind this scouse revival, as he was at Dortmund, with Stinky more of a public mouthpiece...Would be brilliant to see!

Gerrard, if he gets the job, should tap up Bukac, after his fallout with Klopp. Seems he is the real brains behind this scouse revival, as he was at Dortmund, with Stinky more of a public mouthpiece...Would be brilliant to see!
Who’s this Bukac you speak off ^~

Oops, Typo..Buvac. Klopp described him as the brains in their partnership and now it appears he's been forced to take a leave of abscence for "personal reasons" whatever that catch all phrase means?

Doubt it will have any effect on tomorrows game, but it could on the final unless it's sorted. Be interesting for you lot, what Stinky has to say on the subject at his press conference, if at all? Makes you wonder why the club haven't released a statement to avoid the kind of speculation being touted now.

Oops, Typo..Buvac. Klopp described him as the brains in their partnership and now it appears he's been forced to take a leave of abscence for "personal reasons" whatever that catch all phrase means?

Doubt it will have any effect on tomorrows game, but it could on the final unless it's sorted. Be interesting for you lot, what Stinky has to say on the subject at his press conference, if at all? Makes you wonder why the club haven't released a statement to avoid the kind of speculation being touted now.
Doesn’t make me wonder at all :)

I don’t ten£ to take much notice of the media until after the fact ^~

If buvac is the 'brains', what does that make klopp?

From what I've observed, klopp must be one of the highest paid cheerleaders in the world.

Now give me a 'B', give me an 'I', put it with an 'N'........

If buvac is the 'brains', what does that make klopp?

From what I've observed, klopp must be one of the highest paid cheerleaders in the world.

Now give me a 'B', give me an 'I', put it with an 'N'........

Back to obsessing again I see :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I watched the second half of the A Madrid V Arsenal game last night.
It's a pity Wenger went out without a European trophy however, watching Arsenal is very frustrating. It's not the first time I've watched them when they haven't been playing Utd and I just find them to be a rather infuriating team to watch as a neutral or indeed when I want them to win (purely for selfish reasons).
They pass and pass the ball even in the opponents penalty area they piss around with it and don't show any sort of ambition to take responsibility and have a shot at goal.
Their midfield is even slower at making progress than you and I in rush hour on the M25!!
Sorry Wenger you brought this abysmal record on yourself failing to replace T Henry is one example of his lack of ambition in the transfer market.
However did he have the money? The new stadium must have cost a pretty penny even with the money from Highbury, I think the directors are just as culpable, but that's just bollocks because we never get to see the books..

I just hope he spends his last weeks at the club shining and polishing up THE CUP so it will look nice and tidy in Uniteds trophy cabinet come May.

I watched the second half of the A Madrid V Arsenal game last night.
It's a pity Wenger went out without a European trophy however, watching Arsenal is very frustrating. It's not the first time I've watched them when they haven't been playing Utd and I just find them to be a rather infuriating team to watch as a neutral or indeed when I want them to win (purely for selfish reasons).
They pass and pass the ball even in the opponents penalty area they piss around with it and don't show any sort of ambition to take responsibility and have a shot at goal.
Their midfield is even slower at making progress than you and I in rush hour on the M25!!
Sorry Wenger you brought this abysmal record on yourself failing to replace T Henry is one example of his lack of ambition in the transfer market.
However did he have the money? The new stadium must have cost a pretty penny even with the money from Highbury, I think the directors are just as culpable, but that's just bollocks because we never get to see the books..

I just hope he spends his last weeks at the club shining and polishing up THE CUP so it will look nice and tidy in Uniteds trophy cabinet come May.
Is your real name troopz?

I see Gerrard gets unveiled at Rangers this arvo.

He must be mental.
He's either very confident or very myopic.

Good luck to him as his main challenge will be meeting the unrealistic club and fan expectation. Unless they give him a pep guadiola type of PayPal account, he is going to struggle to meet that expectation

I see Gerrard gets unveiled at Rangers this arvo.

He must be mental.
I wish him all the best of course, but I still think it will all end in tears!
Deserves credit for taking it on. Gary Neville was in a similar situation at Valencia (high expectation, massive competitors, minimal resources)

I'm not sure Gerrard can lose at Rangers - they're shite anyway but the rest of the league outside of a couple of clubs are worse so he's unlikely to take them further down the league than they already are but even a small improvement would have them challenging Celtic (they've had so many stupid home defeats this season plus throwing away at least one of their derbies when they should have won it). If he can attract a few decent players (Skrtel is rumoured to be their first signing in the summer, he's not great but he's more than good enough for the Scottish league) and get a few of the better Liverpool youngsters on loan it could work.

According to one of the Rangers lads in work today there's rumours that Sheik Mansour wants to invest in Rangers too. No idea if there's any truth in that or not but it could give Rangers enough financial power to counter Celtic's Champions League money.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Deserves credit for taking it on. Gary Neville was in a similar situation at Valencia (high expectation, massive competitors, minimal resources)

I think it was the language barrier that did for Garry. Same might apply to Stevie G.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Is your real name troopz?

I can't play that at the moment but I have seen him before when someone posted a video on here.
And no I'm not you cheeky you bugger!!;).

Now I do have a confession, back in the early seventies I did have a bit of a soft spot for the Gunners, I mean there I was in Stretford and it was the 1971 cup final Liverpool v Arsenal, and Charlie George scored that very memorable goal to deny the scousers.
Yes I was young and impressionable, yes I did go out to the park and tried to score a Charlie George special. Good memories of the cup final, jumpers as goal posts:number1:

With the potters going down today at least the pundits can't use the cliche when there is a foreign signing of 'can he do it on a cold wet night in stoke'

With an established prem team like stoke getting relegation and in fairly unforseen circumstances, they a large number of good and highly paid players up for grabs.

I imagine a few will be heading for the exit and here is my view on the best picks.

Jack butland - cracking keeper with a lot to all season. As England no 1/2, I can't see him staying. He's be an improvement over half the prem keepers and could potential be snapped up by a foreign club (real and juve could get a relatively cheap replacement)

Shaqiri - quality player who is finally getting some consistency. Mentality has always been an issue, but I think he has matured. Barring city and Liverpool, he'd walk into the attacking line up of any prem team

Allen - undersung player who puts the effort in when most of his team mates wern't. Asset to moat prem sides, but he would do wonders at somewhere like Leicester, everton or even arsenal, where I think the defensive midfielders are a bit lightweight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Monty417 Miscellaneous Jokes 0