• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The Beautiful Game.

Congratulations to City. Runaway season and just so good. De Bruyne player of the year for me. But wow what circumstances that was one you wouldn't have bet your house on.

What a day with us losing to a deserving Newcastle.

And it's still snowing / ice outside.

Half time in the Mainz vs Freiburg game in Germany. The players go off. After they've gone off VAR awards a penalty meaning the players have to come back out to take it. Mainz score the penalty and all the players all troop back off.

I love this system.

Breaking news. Wenger leaving the Gooners at the end of this season.

Breaking news. Wenger leaving the Gooners at the end of this season.
So Hell has officially frozen over then? I was expecting that that would be the only scenario when that Grenouille would quit or be sacked from the Gunners.

So Hell has officially frozen over then? I was expecting that that would be the only scenario when that Grenouille would quit or be sacked from the Gunners.
The way the BBC News is covering it, you’d think a senior Royal has just fallen off the perch.

Said elsewhere about Wenger

"He's been a bank manager for a hedge fund securing fourth for a decade"

Which is about right. Shame no one cares to remember his first decade or so in charge. Atleti are no mugs despite the "win the Europa for Arsene" crowd piping up.

Which is about right. Shame no one cares to remember his first decade or so in charge. Atleti are no mugs despite the "win the Europa for Arsene" crowd piping up.
Any other manager with such a shitty record of winning League trophies and Cups as Wenger undeniably has had for over a decade now would have been out on his arse years ago. I'm glad he's going. The end of the season can't come too soon.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
During one interview when questioned about his leaving Arsenal Wenger replied "I did not see that coming". When pushed he stated that he could not see what the board was playing at from his position and he didn't want to answer any more questions on the subject.

Whoever said that is , Spot On !!

Thanks to Danny Fizmann & Wenger - ( plus others as well ) saved us from sliding down into a big black hole !!

In the second half of his Tenure - he became more & more stubborn - almost as if he was out of sync with the way Football / Soccer had further evolved - he should have listened to Steve Bould much more than he did - as Steve knows about Defence....

I'm sorry for the way he will be remembered , as he had a glittering success in his first half as Manager - now that he has 'lost' the Changing Room , there's no way back for him.

He sounds a perfect manager for FSG.

Athletico go spanked the other night, but seems to turn it on in the UEFA cup

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He sounds a perfect manager for FSG.

Athletico go spanked the other night, but seems to turn it on in the UEFA cup

About the same as the Gunners then. It'll be interesting, of that there's no doubt.
Should be a good game of two contrasting styles

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Thanks to Danny Fizmann & Wenger - ( plus others as well ) saved us from sliding down into a big black hole !!

In the second half of his Tenure - he became more & more stubborn - almost as if he was out of sync with the way Football / Soccer had further evolved - he should have listened to Steve Bould much more than he did - as Steve knows about Defence....

I'm sorry for the way he will be remembered , as he had a glittering success in his first half as Manager - now that he has 'lost' the Changing Room , there's no way back for him.
Those successful Arsenal teams really were good and Wenger certainly gave Fergie and Utd something to think about.
Those matches were almost like going back in time to the 80's with the tackles flying in, the atmosphere they generated was something to behold.
All in all Wenger will go down as a great manager.

Those successful Arsenal teams really were good and Wenger certainly gave Fergie and Utd something to think about.
Those matches were almost like going back in time to the 80's with the tackles flying in, the atmosphere they generated was something to behold.
All in all Wenger will go down as a great manager.
Just a shame he tarnished the end of his career. Saying That, give it a few years and look at the pure facts and he will have 3, possibly 4 trophies at the end of his career

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just a shame he tarnished the end of his career. Saying That, give it a few years and look at the pure facts and he will have 3, possibly 4 trophies at the end of his career

Three PL Titles and SEVEN FA Cup wins plus a few charity shields which really don't count. Not a bad record when Fergie was around.
We miss Fergie and Wenger slugging it out, we miss Fergie and I'm sure Arsenal are going to miss Wenger, just a pity that over recent years they have slipped a bit. Not that I wanted them to win anything! Bar last years cup final of course.

A truly great manager, when he was in his prime. I liked the way he wore his heart on his sleeve. If someone asked him a cheeky question, he would look at them with disdain and give a "none of your fcuking business" answer. There are not many Frenchmen that I like or respect, but he is one of them. Possibly the only one :)

Who next? Pardew? :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Monty417 Miscellaneous Jokes 0