The Beautiful Game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
China are making Giggs look like a world class manager. Wales 3 up and it looks like a training session. First half nearly up and against China Bale looks like a superstar, make that 4-0.

England friendlies coming up on Friday and Tuesday.

Southgate has picked some players who simply don't deserve to be there - why are wekbeck, hart and Livermore even considered? gomez is also strange one given his lack of game time as a centre back at the top level (one for the future though).

It's a larger squad that needs to be trimmed down come june, plus in my view, a few more to be dropped for better form players. The following are borderline for the plane based on current form/ comparative ability; lingaard, Ox, Henderson, Lewis Cook, one of rose/ Bertrand, Mawson

Here is my preferred line-up from the current squad (352) for the friendlies

Butland

Walker, stones tarkowski, mcguire, Young

Dier, wilshire
Ali

Vardy, Rashford

Kane would obviously start in the world cup, while the in-form (as a winger) Stirling could feature as a central attacking option. Nick Pope could push butland for a start, while there are question marks on rashford and stone's place given their erratic club gametime

Midfield is a concern, so I'm hoping lallana gets back to form and Southgate considers some emerging stars as backup. Tom Davies and to a lesser extent, Jonjo Shevly should be considered over some of his current selections.

No other signifcant omisions in my view, bar Dunk who has done well for Brighton. On the subject of CBs, i hope Jones is fit as he is the currently the best of our experienced international defenders and this is clearly a trait that is lacking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think I'd preference the Burnley keeper, Pope. More clean sheet and a lot better from what I've seen. Give the lad some experience in friendlies.
Good call. It's a coin toss for me at the moment.

Butland has the better pedigree through the international youth system, but his stats arn' t as good at the moment. it's unclear how much of that is down to the player or being in a very poor stoke team.

Have to take your hat off to pope, it's been a progression through the leagues to get to the top and being thrust into the prem has phased him. but pope has really forced a path to the top and is doing well for Burnley.

Either way, both are currently miles ahead of the rest of the England keepers. Although if Heaton hadn't got injured, he'd be clear first choice as he was probably only behind De Gea in the prem last season

China are making Giggs look like a world class manager. Wales 3 up and it looks like a training session. First half nearly up and against China Bale looks like a superstar, make that 4-0.
6-0. Not a bad start to his career.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

I did a bit of housework with the Mrs then had an afternoon kip so didn't bother with the second half. He couldn't have asked for an easier fixture, the hardest part of that game must have been getting there!

I did a bit of housework with the Mrs then had an afternoon kip so didn't bother with the second half. He couldn't have asked for an easier fixture, the hardest part of that game must have been getting there!
I was more impressed by the hordes of Chinese Wales fans and the utterly bizarre cult worship of Chris Gunter

English fans in Holland showing why they're despised all over the world.

Another summer of cheering the local riot police and mentalist hooligans as they knock the shite out of these pricks beckons.
One hope they try that in Russia, perfect chance to experiment with nerve agents.

Another summer of cheering the local riot police and mentalist hooligans as they knock the shite out of these pricks beckons.

Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter bellends. I hope they all go to Russia and spend the rest of their days in a Siberian Gulag.

And I hope their bleeding heart relatives don’t get any oxygen in the press.

Unfortunately, not a chance of either.

Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter bellends. I hope they all go to Russia and spend the rest of their days in a Siberian Gulag.

And I hope their bleeding heart relatives don’t get any oxygen in the press.

Unfortunately, not a chance of either.
Gulag would be a blessing I'd suspect. More likely that if they go to Russia and kick off, the Russian Ultras will make it more like when Leeds went to Turkey, but with far more blood and deaths.

International weeks are shite.

International friendlies week are really, really shite.

The sooner international football finally gets f*cked off as the irrelevance it is the better.
Always seems an empty week to me,and there is always someone who comes back injured.

Always seems an empty week to me,and there is always someone who comes back injured.
It's Gomez. Went off injured in the first ten minutes.
Not sure why Southgate picked him.

Poor lad has been a six note and barely featured in the prem as a centre back. If he can overcome injury doubts he could be a very good player, but now he is a novice many more deserving of a place

Two right backs in a back three, it's a fairly bizarre setup all round at the back (although I think Gomez is naturally more of a centre half than a full back).

England game's been fairly shit and the fans have embarrassed the country again. What a waste of a week that could have taken some of the pressure off club fixture lists seven weeks before the season ends.

Some strange picks by Southgate tonight. I've already mentioned gomez above, but unsure why lingaard and rose are playing as they have barely featured for their teams and both have been in poor form recently.

Not sure why walker is at centre back and Henderson really isn't deserving of the armband. Listening on the radio, it sounds like he has spent the whole half passing it back to his own defence

Right. I'm not really a fan of football these days. I haven't ever wanted to go to a game since I witnessed the behaviour of a group of 'professional' players in a bar 15 years ago. But my eldest daughter recently took me to a game - as a belated birthday present. Personally; I'd have preferred it if we went out for a nice meal together but it was a nice sentiment on her behave. And we did have an enjoyable evening together.
However; I currently find myself in a packed south london pub with her, and her partner watching a meaningless friendly being played by footballers. None of whom I know the first thing about.
I was shocked to discover that Holland aren't even in this year's World Cup!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Monty417 Miscellaneous Jokes 0