Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The beast from the east.

How long will it last?

• 2 days 1 week 10 days 2 weeks.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • DILLIGAF.

Votes: 50 86.2%

• Total voters
Its as if global warming should kick in about September, and they are looking forward to report on hose pipe bans, tarmac melting in the cairngorms, and pensioners droping like flys from heat stroke in mid December, and are amazed when the M4 is under 4 foot of snow in January.
And if we get control of COVID, we will back to the annual BBC ‘NHS IN CRISIS’ headline campaign around Christmas and January.

And if we get control of COVID, we will back to the annual BBC ‘NHS IN CRISIS’ headline campaign around Christmas and January.
The NHS has been in " Crisis " for decades, its just a question of degree, and who is in government. The MSM are in part responsible for fueling the hysteria. One of my girls is a senior staff nurse, she has been worked to a standstill these last few months, Covid is responsible, and that is to be expected. However, during normal times, they cope, and get on with it. Its only to be expected in these strange and disturbing times that any large company or firm associated with health and welfare to be effected by events.

Good effort: the cold weather didn't have them licked!

'Police have issued a warning after a couple broke lockdown rules to have sex outdoors at 2am in sub-zero temperatures. They caught the two women having sex on Dartmoor in Devon as temperatures dropped below freezing. It was the UK's coldest night since 30 December 1995.

'Tavistock Police tweeted that such behaviour was in breach of a number of Covid rules. The tweet sent out just after 2am this morning (Thursday) read: "Fornicating under the stars, on the moors, may seem like this years latest romcom, but it is not an essential journey and certainly breaks social distancing guidance. Please continue to abide by Covid-19 legislation to help prevent the spread of Covid."

'The couple's identity has been spared and there was no indication on whether they were given a fine. But several people replied to the tweet including some congratulating the couple for their actions. One wrote: "In this weather? Makes you proud to be British."

If this forecast is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies in Houston, Tx on Monday.
1613078877631.png

Not letting millions of EU nationals, EU pretend nationals and the rest of the world use it, may help?
We need to have a law that says come to the UK you need health insurance

She got at least Leave to Remain

Left but came back

Good effort: the cold weather didn't have them licked!

'Police have issued a warning after a couple broke lockdown rules to have sex outdoors at 2am in sub-zero temperatures. They caught the two women having sex on Dartmoor in Devon as temperatures dropped below freezing. It was the UK's coldest night since 30 December 1995.

'Tavistock Police tweeted that such behaviour was in breach of a number of Covid rules. The tweet sent out just after 2am this morning (Thursday) read: "Fornicating under the stars, on the moors, may seem like this years latest romcom, but it is not an essential journey and certainly breaks social distancing guidance. Please continue to abide by Covid-19 legislation to help prevent the spread of Covid."

'The couple's identity has been spared and there was no indication on whether they were given a fine. But several people replied to the tweet including some congratulating the couple for their actions. One wrote: "In this weather? Makes you proud to be British."

Bet they were dungaree and Doc Martens wearing lesbians not the nice lithe ones you get in the movies
Probably more body fat than a beluga whale... those poor coppers... they probably need counselling

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
If this forecast is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies in Houston, Tx on Monday.
View attachment 548762
I once worked for the European HQ of a US firm whose mainframe was in Austin. We regularly had visitors. They claimed that for six weeks of the year it was cold, rest of the year hot, and they'd rather have aircon for 46 weeks than heating for six.

View attachment 548762
I googled this and apparently the Yanks in Texas are already getting ice storms. It's complete carnage on the roads.

GAHAWHWMPBFX7P3PQNGMDUEPVU.jpg

210211140001-02-fort-worth-interstate-accident-exlarge-169.jpg

I like that this story had to draw a diagram to explain to people that bridges and overpasses freeze before the rest of the road does. Apparently that's not well known in the US, or at least among this paper's readership.

21540721_1613074295628.png

Minus 4C this afternoon, though it felt more in the sun, and now at -7,5C with another six to go to reach the forecast overnight temperature. The expected thaw next week will be 'interesting'.

I googled this and apparently the Yanks in Texas are already getting ice storms. It's complete carnage on the roads.

I like that this story had to draw a diagram to explain to people that bridges and overpasses freeze before the rest of the road does. Apparently that's not well known in the US, or at least among this paper's readership.

I lived in Houston for a couple of years, and the phenomenon of bridges and overpasses freezing is well known there amongst most people. The level of journalism, however, remains depressingly low.

As I am sure @Effendi can testify, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is no stranger to snow and ice-rain, and probably gets a few days of it every winter.

Someone else mentioned Austin. The climate in Austin is surprisingly different from that in Houston. It is much less humid (it’s still humid for Brits), and is more prone to these occasional spells of cold weather when the wind comes from the North. However, the claim that it is cold for six weeks has to be put in perspective. By cold they mean less than 70F (about 20C), which is about the level of a Scottish summer.

I lived in Houston for a couple of years, and the phenomenon of bridges and overpasses freezing is well known there amongst most people. The level of journalism, however, remains depressingly low.

As I am sure @Effendi can testify, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is no stranger to snow and ice-rain, and probably gets a few days of it every winter.

Someone else mentioned Austin. The climate in Austin is surprisingly different from that in Houston. It is much less humid (it’s still humid for Brits), and is more prone to these occasional spells of cold weather when the wind comes from the North. However, the claim that it is cold for six weeks has to be put in perspective. By cold they mean less than 70F (about 20C), which is about the level of a Scottish summer.

This last fortnight we have been feeling the benefits of sub-zero days, frost on the ground and rumours of snow.

Sunday snow is forecast and Monday it is getting down to -15 C................then in two weeks it will be back up to + 15 C.

Which has as much to do with their driving ability as the weather, I'm not kidding. As a one time copper I can honestly say I cringe and mentally reach for a ticket book every day on the roads. I did my driving test here by driving a lap of a car park, parked between some cones, and did an emergency stop, in the same car park. There is a built in attitude of the car will drive itself, they facetime on the phone, do their make-up, read letters, and my fav is the ones who drive first thing in the morning holding a coffee mug, or one of those thermos mugs in their hand. Oh, and the ones who are in the furthest lane to the left and suddenly decide that the exit, 5 lanes over, 100 M away on the right is the one they need.

The insurance industry somewhere publishes its annual ranking list of States for good and bad driving (claims made). Texas has the most claims made for vehicle interactions, within Texas the DFW Metroplex is the worst area. So, if an accident of this magnitude was going to happen anywhere, it was going to happen in Texas. @lastwalt will tell you, they are crap drivers and do not think any further than the end of their bonnet.

Last edited:
This last fortnight we have been feeling the benefits of sub-zero days, frost on the ground and rumours of snow.

Sunday snow is forecast and Monday it is getting down to -15 C................then in two weeks it will be back up to + 15 C.

Which has as much to do with their driving ability as the weather, I'm not kidding. As a one time copper I can honestly say I cringe and mentally reach for a ticket book every day on the roads. I did my driving test here by driving a lap of a car park, parked between some cones, and did an emergency stop, in the same car park. There is a built in attitude of the car will drive itself, they facetime on the phone, do their make-up, read letters, and my fav is the ones who drive first thing in the morning holding a coffee mug, or one of those thermos mugs in their hand. Oh, and the ones who are in the furthest lane to the left and suddenly decide that the exit, 5 lanes over, 100 M away on the right is the one they need.

The insurance industry somewhere publishes its annual ranking list of States for good and bad driving (claims made). Texas has the most claims made for vehicle interactions, within Texas the DFW Metroplex is the worst area. So, if an accident of this magnitude was going to happen anywhere, it was going to happen in Texas. @lastwalt will tell you, they are crap drivers and do not think any further than the end of their bonnet.
Spot on.

Sounds like a good idea to stay at home for a few days!

Spot on.

Sounds like a good idea to stay at home for a few days!

What with the cold, and maskless Texans wandering around 'cos it is their constitutional right I am hiding. Not even been cycling for a week as its that cold.

Oh, and the ones who are in the furthest lane to the left and suddenly decide that the exit, 5 lanes over, 100 M away on the right is the one they need.
And here, since you left these shores it’s got considerably worse. I came home from Oz in 2000, it’d deteriorated considerably then. But when I quit driving three years ago, that habit of staying in the outside lane till the last minute seemed to be part of the driving test.

What with the cold, and maskless Texans wandering around 'cos it is their constitutional right I am hiding. Not even been cycling for a week as its that cold.
Is Pagehall that bad mate?