The BBC

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Headrush, May 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. By no means on the same scale, but whilst the ordeal is going on with the Mirror, thought I'd get my chance to give my views about the Beeb.

They've been doing better recently (much better than last year when their reporting of the war was nothing short of disgusting, especially the fact that it was switched off by HMS Royal), but has anyone else noticed that every time they use an adjective its describing the "poor" Iraqis or their "ancient" city.

Never have I heard the "hard-working" soldiers and they are never "our" troops. Why? It's meant to be the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, maybe they could show some sort of patriotism or support? No? Well how silly of me.

Bring on the day when the media starts reporting FACT and not OPINION.

2. Ruled by left-wing,no support of the military. Do you expect anything less :roll:

3. In fairness the same reports are used on the world service and also syndicated. May be they have to be a little more "international" to suit their entire audience.

Trotsky

4. Besides would you feel comfortable if your "British" Broadcasting Company was as toadying as Fox or ignorant as CNN? I think a certain amount of scepticism from the Beeb is preferable to it being a state mouthpiece.

5. Agreed Blade, but a bit less anti British from the British BC wouldn't go a miss either

6. Trotsky - so what if the BBC's output is shown worldwide? - it's the British viewer that is paying for it, so surely the BBC's output ought to have a mainly British perspective on things.

I suggest you all have a look at

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

for some analysis of the BBC's output.