The BBC. What a disgrace to the memory of British servicemen

The BBC news online are currently running a forum on the recent tragic loss of the 14 service personel in Afghanistan. They have actually let a rag-head in Abu Dhabi post this :

Isn't this what you call "collateral damage"? Or is that only when innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan get killed by your troops? These were soldiers, not "peace-keepers" - I'd wonder how many civilians each one killed since being there.

Im sure the BBC are the UK office of Al-Jazeera!!. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Link?

luke

War Hero
While I can't agree with the opinion of this so-called "Rag-head", balance is balance, whether the opposite side of the coin is agreeable to you or not.

Complaints are being sent. The BBC can see a nice little "argument" develop here - some of the comments are by a guy called "Petrovich" who works in Cambridge. Google that one yourself.....I am sure his company would love lots of emails.

Simple answer is that if you don't like this country, then find yourself a nice little muslim state where you can express your opinions.

**** em all.

I too have been reading some of the comments and have been absolutely sickened that a) the BBC put up such an inappropriate comment topic and b) at the responses of some narrow-minded individuals who don't have the first clue about what's actually going on.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Chalky said:
I too have been reading some of the comments and have been absolutely sickened that a) the BBC put up such an inappropriate comment topic and b) at the responses of some narrow-minded individuals who don't have the first clue about what's actually going on.

It's absolutely disgusting.
I do suggest that You don't go to Channel 4s News Forum then.

Some on there gloat at every squaddies death - I leftt because the personal invective came to be more prevelent to debating the news

drain_sniffer said:
I have just sent a whole raft of complaints. Chances of them being acted upon?
Probably quite high, actually. Part of the BBC's charter requires them to at least respond to license-fee payer's complaints.

Myself and my colleagues are about to deploy to Afghanistan this week, good to see that we have the support of the nation behind us.........?!?!?!

Privileged to serve these special, special people, I thank you all.

Ive made 5 comments, and not 1 has made it onto the forum. Maybe its because they were pro forces and that goes againts the BBC's code of lefty conduct

ChuffChart said:
Myself and my colleagues are about to deploy to Afghanistan this week, good to see that we have the support of the nation behind us.........?!?!?!

Privileged to serve these special, special people, I thank you all.
All the best CC - Break a leg mate

Cheers pal will pass the sentiment on to the guys, right about now I think they could do with it.

luke said:
While I can't agree with the opinion of this so-called "Rag-head", balance is balance, whether the opposite side of the coin is agreeable to you or not.
Absolutely! As tragic as this incident is, it's only to be expected that the other side see it as some sort of "victory". We're so used to the all-pervading influence of Western news that we find it normal to register satisfaction when (insert number here) Taliban/insurgents/terrorists are wiped. But when the enemy exhibits much the same reaction at our sad losses, we're incensed and call it disgraceful and barbaric, without even once thinking of what sort of response our own reactions engender.
It might be highly distasteful for us when we see the enemy rejoicing when we lose comrades, but they have the same rights as we do.

MsG

Bugsy7 said:
luke said:
Absolutely! As tragic as this incident is, it's only to be expected that the other side see it as some sort of "victory". We're so used to the all-pervading influence of Western news that we find it normal to register satisfaction when (insert number here) Taliban/insurgents/terrorists are wiped. But when the enemy exhibits much the same reaction at our sad losses, we're incensed and call it disgraceful and barbaric, without even once thinking of what sort of response our own reactions engender.
It might be highly distasteful for us when we see the enemy rejoicing when we lose comrades, but they have the same rights as we do.

MsG
So, are You saying that all muslims are our enemy????, or just those from Abu Dahbi?????

Perhaps I misread this and You really meant that all Muslims support the Taleban???????? Or again, those from Abu D??

Hmmmmmmmmm