Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC urinates all over Terry Pratchett's grave

Chef

LE
Bladenburg - I bow to superior nollidge, nuancing.

( Just goes to show that my anti PC prejudices pre-date the Great Dissembler in office. )

Chef - It's the one with the D'Regs in .

And the society dinner is in the one where Edward De'Ath finds the gonne....

I bet you could rustle up a Klatchian hot in an instant...... ? Easy on the rats.
Ta for that. 'Men at arms' One of the books I got signed by the author. I've just red the witches trilogy and am rereading Robert Rankin at the moment.

@Bladensburg I was about to start debating/arguing the toss about Vimes and his views on others. Then realised that this is how all the best religious wars start I could almost hear Pratchett muttering.

'It's only a story.'

As long as we both enjoy the books it's fine.

Ta for that. 'Men at arms' One of the books I got signed by the author. I've just red the witches trilogy and am rereading Robert Rankin at the moment.

Rankin is an excellent author.

My favourites are:

The Brentford trilogy (5 volumes)
Dance of the Voodoo Handbag
Apocalypso
A Dog called Demolition

A Dog called Demolition would probabkly make a good comedy horror movie...

While there is a bit of a dig at diversity quotas in Men at Arms I hate to point it out to you that it was published in 1993 and therefore nothing to do with Blair.
In any case I think the central theme of that particular plot line is pointing out that Vimes' prejudices towards non-humans are often ridiculous and unfounded rather than that the Patrician's orders to recruit them are misguided.
I think Terry took great delight in pointing out that all of his characters are flawed and thus human. Or at least alive.
PC crap has been around since the 60's.

My favourites are:

Apocalypso
A Dog called Demolition

I will have to check but I think there are 7 books in the Brentford trilogy.
Jasper Fforde is also excellent.

I will have to check but I think there are 7 books in the Brentford trilogy.
Jasper Fforde is also excellent.

I haven't read the last couple then... :)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Incidentally....

' Where's my COW!!!'

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sir pTerry talking a little about the genesis of DiscWorld - and his original career as a journo.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He was possibly a little fat in the face for a perfect Rincewind but the woe is me voice perfect.
Sadly, the perfect Rincewind has long passed, Cardew Robinson would have been perfect. Of course, Mackenzie Crook could make a fair stab at it

My favourites are:

Apocalypso
A Dog called Demolition

‘Armageddon; the musical’ (part of a trilogy) featuring Barry the Time Sprout and Elvis is well worth a look.

‘Armageddon; the musical’ (part of a trilogy) featuring Barry the Time Sprout and Elvis is well worth a look.
It's a tradition or an old charter, or something.

Latest Threads