The BBC urinates all over Terry Pratchett's grave

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
LBC listening figures have been growing a lot, at a cost of BBC4 listeners. BBC World service figures on the other hand have increased. The World Service used to come across as more neutral but I did have concerns about "wokeness" in recent years. I had a listen a few days ago for a change and found something interesting, so maybe there is some hope.

RAJAR: LBC grows to record 2.2m audience while BBC Radio 4 sheds 770,000 listeners - Press Gazette
LBC has some interesting presenters who don't take nonsense from "the woke". Iain Dale for one, and Mr Farage is good for a listen. Saying that Talk Radio is providing a useful public service with Mike Graham and Julia Hartley Brewer.....

Radio 4 was great once, now it's become a left wing wet dream. I only bother to listen to LBC now, everything on the BBC is lefty crap. It's like a form of PC brainwashing on par with the best of Pravda.
I said they were broadcasting it, I have no intention of listening to it.
I listen to the news headlines and some of the 630 comedy slot.

LBC listening figures have been growing a lot, at a cost of BBC4 listeners. BBC World service figures on the other hand have increased. The World Service used to come across as more neutral but I did have concerns about "wokeness" in recent years. I had a listen a few days ago for a change and found something interesting, so maybe there is some hope.

RAJAR: LBC grows to record 2.2m audience while BBC Radio 4 sheds 770,000 listeners - Press Gazette
All that means is that there are at least 770,000 XRW fascists in the UK.

And they're almost certainly white.

Obviously...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm sure that was meant as irony. Probably best discussed on a different thread but LBC must have the widest spectrum of hosts and listeners.
There's no fooling you, is there?

The Critical Drinker has also laid into that episode yesterday:

If you never heard of TCD, he's a Scottish film/games/media reviewer with a drunk scots alter-ego and has gained a huge following over recent weeks (I'd been following him for several months now).
A bit like Sir Terry, it helps if you don't jump in at the beginning of his already published content as his persona wasn't quite there yet. Try working backwards.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

If you never heard of TCD, he's a Scottish film/games/media reviewer with a drunk scots alter-ego and has gained a huge following over recent weeks (I'd been following him for several months now).
A bit like Sir Terry, it helps if you don't jump in at the beginning of his already published content as his persona wasn't quite there yet. Try working backwards.
That's actually a well thought through and incisive review.

Your television licence is obviously well spent, I wish you all luck.

Some laughs but it got a bit tedious tbh. Perhaps he could do a speeding reviewer instead of a drunk? I get the general idea though.

Latest Threads