The BBC urinates all over Terry Pratchett's grave

There was definitely a Schrodinger reference to Greebo in a box in one book. Something like 'While it is true a cat in a box may be alive or dead, in Greebo's case there were 3 options: alive, dead and bloody furious'.

Edit - google is a wonderful thing:
Greebo had spent an irritating two minutes in that box. Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.

Shawn dived sideways as Greebo went off like a Claymore mine. "Don't worry about him," said Magrat dreamily, as the elf flailed at the maddened cat. "He's just a big softy."
There's also the scene in Carpe Jugulum, where one of the vampires climbs into his coffin...

Two things happened. The first happened quite slowly, and was Vargo's dawning realisation that he could not recall his coffin having a pillow before. The second was Greebo waking up mad as hell and deciding he wasn't going to take it anymore.

He'd finally found a comfy resting place, and curled into a ball, and now someone was using him as a cushion -

There wasn't a great deal of noise. The coffin rocked a few times, then pivoted around.

Greebo sheathed his claws, and went back to sleep.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Greebo finest moment possibly though is. . .
"Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. "

I've only got a few STP books at the moment, in no particular order tbh. But by christ they are good as stand alone reads in their own right

Nah, Sgt Angua.

She has previous form as a werewolf.
Surprised Warwick Davis didn't get the role.

Screenshot_20191120-195046_EBookDroid.jpg

1st description of Lady Sybil is basically a Valkyrie.
Screenshot_20191120-200827_Google.jpg

Yeah dead ringer for a viking tart

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
Both good nominations for the university

Maggie Smith as Esme Weatherwax. Now who for Nanny Ogg?
A good few years ago we had this debate and I came out with Nicola McAuliff for Granny and Stephanie Cole for Nanny. Nicola used to be in a show called "Surgical Spirit" where she was a surgeon with an acidic personality but a heart of gold. The fact that both seemed to fit their respective character body shapes (although Nicola could be a little taller} worked.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
There's also the scene in Carpe Jugulum, where one of the vampires climbs into his coffin...

Two things happened. The first happened quite slowly, and was Vargo's dawning realisation that he could not recall his coffin having a pillow before. The second was Greebo waking up mad as hell and deciding he wasn't going to take it anymore.

He'd finally found a comfy resting place, and curled into a ball, and now someone was using him as a cushion -

There wasn't a great deal of noise. The coffin rocked a few times, then pivoted around.

Greebo sheathed his claws, and went back to sleep.
that quote alone has got me in a fit of giggles. Didn’t greebo get turned into a human once, the form of which got all the witches somewhat flustered?

that quote alone has got me in a fit of giggles. Didn’t greebo get turned into a human once, the form of which got all the witches somewhat flustered?

Yes and after that he would Occasionally do it when cornered or just to visit the opera.
3c1873e8ddaed44fb36afd3f58a00856--terry-pratchett-discworld-cat-lady.jpg
wickeddesign.jpg

As a human
downloadfile.jpg

Graham Norton to play him according to bbc casting, it's only a shame Ronnie Corbutt is dead as he would have been a sure fire fit for the part.

Last edited:
Indeed he did. His human form was six foot tall, muscular and, going by Nanny Ogg's reaction to seeing him naked - "Now I know why the lady cats scream at night" - very well endowed.

"His one good eye glittered like the sins of angels, and his smile was the downfall of Saints. Female ones, anyway".

Last edited:
I believe Stephen Merchant is up...err down for the part of Casanuda, but is being challenged for the part by Julie T Wallace

I believe Stephen Merchant is up...err down for the part of Casanuda, but is being challenged for the part by Julie T Wallace
Nanny Ogg, "I thought all Dwarves loved Gold?"

Casanuda, "Don't be ridiculous. We just say that to get it into bed".

Shaquille O'Neal is angling for the part of Rob Anybody. But refuses to do blue face

Julie T would have been perfect for Lady Sybill... (although I'm biased as I got astonishingly wasted with her at a wedding and she's one of the funniest people I've ever met...)

Latest Threads